Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2012, 21:37   #31
BHPian

re: Nostalgia : Reviving the memories of long gone brands

Citra is now available off the shelves :-), atleast in Bangalore.

Thanks Coca Cola :-)
Old 4th March 2012, 13:28   #32
BHPian

Don't know if you guys have tried it, but during my childhood, my sister and me used to Loooove a biscuit named "Pusti". I can strangely still recollect the taste when I think about it. God please bring Pusti back.

Another product that I would love to have back is an instant porridge mix named "Bonny mix" which again I used to love, especially the chocolate flavour.

And lastly, I want goodday back, yes I know it's still available, but I want the OLD goodday flavour back!
Old 4th March 2012, 13:46   #33
BHPian

The only way you could act like a grown man back then was a sweet cigarette in mouth.

Remember posting this pic in some other thread on T-bhp as well. But think this is more suited here.
Attached Thumbnails
Nostalgia : Reviving the memories of long gone brands-phantom.jpg  

Old 4th March 2012, 18:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
Canada Dry anybody? I believe it was high in caffeine content and the extra froth it came with became a matter of concern when the brand was alive back in the 90's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Canada dry - cool cool Canada (somehow the drink never became popular)
Canada Dry is still available in the U.S. and so is Crush. The Cadbury Schweppes is now Dr Pepper Snapple Group. I guess Canada Dry was misinterpreted by many people in India because of the extra froth and the name 'dry'. When I was in U.S., a desi friend was suspecting it was something like that. I was . But Crush is the best Orange drink and Canada Dry is the best Gingerale by far.

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 4th March 2012 at 18:40.
Old 4th March 2012, 19:26   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
The only way you could act like a grown man back then was a sweet cigarette in mouth.

Remember posting this pic in some other thread on T-bhp as well. But think this is more suited here.
Oh wow ! the last time i saw this was 7 years ago ! I absolutely loved these as a kid, my dad used to smoke and i used to get a pack of these sugar fags (during the mid 90's)
Old 4th March 2012, 21:38   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser@0523 View Post
Oh wow ! the last time i saw this was 7 years ago ! I absolutely loved these as a kid, my dad used to smoke and i used to get a pack of these sugar fags (during the mid 90's)
I was just addicted to these real bad. I remember my dad gave me a solid beating after I had 3 packet-full of cigs in a day. The reason, as I was told then, was that imitating a smoker would make me one in real life eventually.

Also, remember Kismi Bar? I saw its advertisement on Delhi Metro stations lately. Couldn't find one in nearby shops though.
Old 4th March 2012, 21:50   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Thril was a popular cola when I was growing up in Bombay. But I believe it died a natural death thanks to the dominance of Thums Up in that segment.

There was an ahead-of-its-time diet cola called Do It that claimed to have only 46 calories ("Do It- the taste...doesn't go to your waist!") I still remember that whole jingle!

Citra was relatively newer, released around the early 90s when I was in junior college...remember that clearly because the "tambi" in our canteen used to call it "Chitra"
Old 4th March 2012, 21:53   #38
Senior - BHPian

Anyone remembers a soft drink called Kickapoo!
Old 4th March 2012, 22:58   #39
Team-BHP Support

What I would really love to be back would be the gone taste of Thumbs-Up.
That was one thing which I longed for all the time, but after the re-vamp,
the taste was long gone.
Old 4th March 2012, 23:12   #40
BHPian

Quote:
I was just addicted to these real bad. I remember my dad gave me a solid beating after I had 3 packet-full of cigs in a day. The reason, as I was told then, was that imitating a smoker would make me one in real life eventually.

Also, remember Kismi Bar? I saw its advertisement on Delhi Metro stations lately. Couldn't find one in nearby shops though.
Well what your dad said turned out true for me, but i dont blame the candy fags for that , yeah kisme bar ! also came in a toffee version !
Old 4th March 2012, 23:57   #41
Senior - BHPian

There used to be another cola called Double Cola, does anyone remember it. Thums Up and Double Cola were the 2 colas and Gold Spot and Torino were the orange drinks during my school days
Old 5th March 2012, 12:08   #42
Senior - BHPian

I saw a few Crush bottles on the shelf of the local More supermarket over the weekend. Need to try them.
I would have bought a couple of crates if it were Gold Spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
What I would really love to be back would be the gone taste of Thumbs-Up.
That was one thing which I longed for all the time, but after the re-vamp,
the taste was long gone.
Till date, the cola from glass bottles tastes better than that from the pet bottles. At least I find it that way; not sure if its correct or if we can attribute something from chemistry there

Quote:
This Kismi bar and many other toffees that dont offer rocking discounts to the supermarkets are still available in smaller shops. I have managed to find some Lacto kings and Gulkand toffees in a nearby ration shop. Time to look around smaller shops

Last edited by selfdrive : 5th March 2012 at 12:11.
Old 5th March 2012, 22:36   #43
BHPian

Re: Nostalgia : Reviving the memories of long gone brands

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Another product that I would love to have back is an instant porridge mix named "Bonny mix" which again I used to love, especially the chocolate flavour.
Bonnymix is back in bangalore, but tastes completely different (and bland). Its now a plain wheat porridge. The original bonnymix can be drunk as a healthdrink or made into a porridge. It was yum!

There was this 50p toffee called ravalgon, it was pretty big for a toffee of its class and used to taste great. Would love to see that back in stores.

Last edited by veyron_head : 5th March 2012 at 22:40.
Old 28th April 2012, 10:20   #44
Senior - BHPian

Some long gone brands that I remember from my youth - Erasmic (shaving cream), Ovaltine (malt drink), Loma (hair oil), Det (detergent). And of course those petro companies with their ubiquitous petrol pumps - Esso, Burmah Shell & Caltex... Fond memories all.
Old 28th April 2012, 12:17   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
really, did we get Double deckers here? My friends/ colleagues from UK would be relieved if it were to be launched here. I keep pestering them to bring some packs when they come to India
Hey I do the same thing too, love love LOVE Double deckers and Yorky and Kit Kat orange, my God I need to stop thinking about chocolates.

Also I wish Peppy's Cheese balls and Picnik get re released. I loved them and they were so common in Mumbai but so rare to find in Delhi, also there was some Senor Peppito chips in Mumbai, which is also not possible to find in Delhi.

Does anyone know any place in Delhi where one can eat Dhabeli, Bombay style, Man Delhi has good food but they miss out on the really good stuff, no vada pav and no dhabeli, even the pav bhaji here is mediocre. I so miss Bombay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks