Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2012, 20:34   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Popstar Whitney Houston is no more!

WHITNEY, WE WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU
One of the greatest living female voices in American pop music, singer Whitney Houston, age 48,daughter of gospel singer Cissy Houston, died under mysterious circumstances yesterday in California in her hotel room.The coroner's inquiry has confirmed that there was no foul play. The results of the other tests are awaited according to the BBC news.
Popstar Whitney Houston is no more!-images.jpg
Having heard her songs in her prime and the live performances especially during Grammys, its tragic and saddening for me and her millions of fans to hear about her death just a day ahead of the Grammy Awards function.
Her earliest hits in 1985 swayed all pop music lovers around the globe. Her hits "Saving all my love for you", "I will always love you" (film Bodyguard) , "I wanna dance with somebody", "One moment in time" and "How will I know?" are among her best, apart from her many later songs."Have yourself a merry lil' Christmas" is also one of my favourites.Her rendition of the US national anthem "Star Spangled Banner" at the jam packed Tampa Stadium in Florida (27th Jan 1991), just a few days after the US declared the Gulf War in 1991 , is also among the best ever rendition of the patriotic song.This was followed by a flypast of F-16 jets from over the venue.The link is here:
Whitney Houston performed the greatest national anthem in sports history (video) | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports
Lately, she had fallen out of the grace of pop music lovers and was badly in need of a comeback.Her marriage with Bobby Brown (they had a daughter)fell apart and she really fell on bad days. Alcohol and drugs had taken a toll of her personality and most of all, her golden and dulcet voice, so famous for her higher and lower (bass) notes and the relative ease with which she sang many tough compositions.
Wish her soul rests in peace.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 13th February 2012 at 20:53.
Old 13th February 2012, 20:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Popstar Whitney Houston is no more!

Her iconic words: "I'm my best friend, I'm my worst enemy" were my mantra for some time. She left me breathless in Bodyguard.

RIP Queen.

:(
Old 14th February 2012, 02:32   #3
BHPian

R.I.P. Whitney Houston - Queen of Pop.
Old 14th February 2012, 13:30   #4
BHPian

All of us will remember her for one of the best romantic songs- " I will always Love You".

RIP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks