Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2006, 10:42   #1
BHPian

Where What How in Chennai??

Hi folks.
This is to all the guys in Madras,
I'm looking at coming there on for the Formula Maruti Rookie series on the 15/16th of april.

Now i need to know a few things like-
How far is the track from the city
What is a good place to stay -
Read cheap/clean/safe - It doesnt have to be a palace but it shouldnt be a hovelk either
Close to the track is better.
Al i gotta do is put bags and lie down to sleep there, nothing else really, so it doesnt have to be fantastic

How far from the airport to the track,
do taxiz go there etc etc
Basically any info that may be useful

and any places one should visit if time permits

Will nay of you guys be at the track, would be nice to meet up
cheers
Revvhead
Old 24th March 2006, 11:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Revvhead....

1. The track is about 45 mins to an hr's drive from the center of the city.... not very far actually but the traffic actually slows down you down....

2. Chennai has all class of hotels... accomodation can be cheap and decent at the same time so dont worry.... You might want to PM sideways and ask him what the tariff is for Pleasant Days resort which is close to the track....

P.S. Most of the ppl who come from Blore for the track days stay there....

3. From the track to the airport... whoa man it is realllllly faaaaaaaaaaaaar... would probably take an 1.5-2 hrs.... better to hire a prepaid taxi cos they might actually work out cheaper than the auto..... use an auto in chennai only when u really have to..... they fleece ppl blindly.... local janta too.... not restricted to tourists.... why? no meters....

4. i might come to the track... not sure... my no is 98843-99254... so call me or msg me.. we can meet up if i am free so i can play host.... Nitrous is also from chennai and u can PM him too....

places of interest are mahabalipuram... depends how much time u have.... hope this satisfies till then...

hav fun....
Old 24th April 2006, 10:54   #3
BHPian

Hi to Chennaites.....

Hi guyz,
Iam in chennai for 3--4 dayz.I hrd there is Ferrari roaming arnd the streets.Can Chennai members plzzzzzzzzzz tell me where I can c this beauty.... .Also which n where r the plazes in Chennai gud for freakin out.I found Spencer tooo crowded.By the way Iam just 16.Iam staying with a frnd here.So plzzzzzzzz suggest some gud places within the city limits.Hope Iam posting in the rite sec.
Thanks in Advance,
VIJAY

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks