Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2004, 21:00   #1
Team-BHP Support

Process of moving from a state to another

What is the procedure from transferring the ownership of a car from another state ?

Suppose I bought a car from Mumbai ? Where do I transfer the ownership, who would I notify ? Who endorses the RC book ?
Old 19th September 2004, 21:43   #2

I believe this involves getting a no objection certificate from the state from where the car is currently registered, in addition to the regular paperwork.

You'd also be liable to pay road-tax in the new state, on a pro-rata basis.
Old 20th September 2004, 02:06   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ajmat,

Since the taxation in Bangalore is higher, you would have to pay hardly a couple of grand to make up for the difference in state registration.

But I would suggest getting your hands on a broker from Bombay. I know a real good and reliable chap (pretty cheap too) if you want to get this transfer done. If you want, I can PM you the number when you are ready to transfer

GTO
Old 20th September 2004, 13:54   #4
BHPian

what about this chap, keeps posting paio's in indiacar all the time
AMIT H SHAH
aakash 14, 90 feet rd, ghatkopar east
Mumbai
Email shahmotorz@yahoo.co.in
Old 20th September 2004, 15:15   #5
Tom
BHPian

u will have to get an noc in your name addressed to the RTO (e.g Indira Ngr RTO) that you are going to register the car. you will also have to pay LTT in b'lore.
Old 24th March 2006, 17:30   #6
BHPian

Process of moving from a state to another

Hi Guys,
This is Anand. I have a few queries regarding moving vehicle from a state to another and want to know the process. I am getting transferred from Bangalore to chennai. I have two 2wheelers and a Wagon R with Karnataka registration. So after moving to chennai what are the things to be done.

1. Is it necessary to get a TN registration?
2. I think i need to pay road tax there also.is this correct?
3. Should i need to get a No objection certificate from nearest police station ?

For points 1 and 2 can please let me know how much it costs and how easy/different is the process.

Any other things needs to be done ?

thanks and Regards
Anand
Old 24th March 2006, 18:02   #7
BHPian

1. get a NOC from an Agent for a commission ( he will help you out both on the Police Station NOC & The RTO NOC)
2. Take the Vehicle to the New State RTO (preferably take the help of a agent ) - with all necessary documents like License, NOC,etc
3. Pay the Road tax for that state - dont need a new TN Registration - as long as u have the Road Tax paid Receipt.
4. in the Old state, u can get back the Road Tax re-imbursement , by showing the New state Road Tax Paid Receipts & other documents - again take the help of a dealer...

It is quite a hassle though.....overall
Old 24th March 2006, 19:13   #8
BHPian

Guys, Anybody knows any agent in chennai to do this job. Also can anyone give a guestimate of amount involved in registration, road tax etc.
Thanks a lot
Regards
Anand
Old 24th March 2006, 21:43   #9
BHPian

I shifted to Chennai from Gurgaon close to a year ago...MY car has a HR registration.
Since I wasn't sure how long I'll be in Chennai (I knoew that it won't be for too long) I didn't want to get the car re-registered here

(it may be illegal but I am in a mobile career...I really don't want to be shifting my registartion no every year or two)

Anyway, theoretically, you don't need a re-registration if you are in a different state for a transitory period of 6 months..I carry a copy of that clause from the Indian MVA in my Glove, and Fortunately, I have never had any issues with the car bearing a HR number...

I have been fined a couple of times here (For driving outside the center lane on Mount road , the main thoroghfare in chennai...they have a funny rule on lane discuipline on parts of Mount road ) but have never been hassled for the registration number

I don't want to advise you to do the same, assuming you are moving to Chennai for keeps...Just thought that I'd share my perspective too
Old 27th March 2006, 15:22   #10
BHPian

SOS! Urgent help reqd.

Guys a friend of mine has a Santro and he came from B'lore to Delhi 2 months back. The Santro is a Euro 2 car and still has a Bangy registration. When he went to change to get a Delhi registration, he was told that wouldn't be possible since only Euro 3 vehicles will be registered in Delhi as per the officials.

Now he has an NOC but is an NOC valid for more than a few days in outer state?
What options does he have? Will he have to sell his Santro on a cheaper rate? Its just an year old.
Basically how can he get a B'lore car registered in Delhi which wants Euro 3 emission standards? can he drive without changing the registration?
Old 27th March 2006, 15:34   #11
Team-BHP Support

You cannot get it registered in delhi since its not Euro III. So unless he has a rented apartment in noida/Gurgaon etc., (UP/Haryana) he cannot get the registeration transfer done.
Old 27th March 2006, 15:47   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
You cannot get it registered in delhi since its not Euro III. So unless he has a rented apartment in noida/Gurgaon etc., (UP/Haryana) he cannot get the registeration transfer done.
Thanks tsk1979 for replying. He does have a rented flat in Delhi but not in UP/Gurgaon or NCR area. So do you mean that he would have to then change his residence to NCR region to get a registration? Is there no other way out?
Old 27th March 2006, 17:50   #13
Team-BHP Support

No legal way is available for him then
Old 27th March 2006, 18:29   #14
BHPian

What..No replies? Ok at least tell me can my friend be able to legaly to drive his car in delhi without being hassled?
Old 27th March 2006, 20:58   #15
Team-BHP Support

No hassles. Delhi cops are not overzealous about catching out of state cars. I drive KA in delhi without any problems.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks