Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2006, 05:12   #1
Senior - BHPian

Use of Helmets a Taboo according to this stupid politician.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayA...continent&col=

What's he trying to prove?
I remember reading this in A government opposed local daily

" The CM is trying to harass peope with the new helmet rule."

I am for the first time not proud to call myself an Indian.

please support the law and wear helmets all the time. Its for your own good.

Last edited by Aditya : 25th March 2006 at 20:32. Reason: add information
Old 25th March 2006, 05:58   #2
BHPian

You are right Devarshi....

I don't know what that politician is trying to prove...and he is sounding dumb and showing his illiteracy by protesting against the govt. rule of compulsary helmets...

You don't need to say you are not proud to be an Indian...there are a few spoilt apples everywhere.
Old 25th March 2006, 17:05   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_v12
You are right Devarshi....

I don't know what that politician is trying to prove...and he is sounding dumb and showing his illiteracy by protesting against the govt. rule of compulsary helmets...

You don't need to say you are not proud to be an Indian...there are a few spoilt apples everywhere.
The guy is only worried about his votes because the people in his constituency are probably as dumb and illiterate like him.

So long....
Old 25th March 2006, 17:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

Looks like this politician is a man of high morals and virtues and a trendsetter when it comes to upholding principles. Qoute:

[FONT=Arial]Trivedi, a man of principles and an odd-man-out among the current crop of politicians, has declined MLA's allowances and other facilities like car, telephone, residential quarters, and his was the lone dissenting voice when the assembly swiftly passed a bill to raise MLA's perks recently.[/FONT]
Old 25th March 2006, 20:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Looks like this politician is a man of high morals and virtues and a trendsetter when it comes to upholding principles. Qoute:

[FONT=Arial]Trivedi, a man of principles and an odd-man-out among the current crop of politicians, has declined MLA's allowances and other facilities like car, telephone, residential quarters, and his was the lone dissenting voice when the assembly swiftly passed a bill to raise MLA's perks recently.[/FONT]

dat's wat confuses me. What's a man with such high morales and principles doing fighting against a law like this?
Old 26th March 2006, 09:01   #6
Team-BHP Support

He lost his mind while trying to keep the morals
Old 9th June 2007, 01:04   #7
BHPian

May I ask what is the moral principle involved in forcing people to do things for their own good?

If it is established that people are not sensible enough to even act for their own good, it is not a great leap to posit that they are not sensible enough to decide on policies for that state or the country, no? Should not, then, policies be decided for people by a ruling class, as people are dumb enough not to deserve the power of democracy?

Secondly, if it is accepted that we will be making policies for people's own good regardless of whether they like it or not, and regardless of the number of people saved or not saved, I assume that we can count on the proponents of motorcycle helmuts to be first in promoting mandatory walking helmuts as well as body armour (such as motorcycle riders wear in the West) as well as helmets for car passengers.
Old 9th June 2007, 10:39   #8
Senior - BHPian

All these safety and security standards/policies are better left to the more sensible and mature minds than these politicians and should be enforced independently of these politicians.

But unfortunately in this country most politicians are not that refined enough and policies are controlled by them, hence the current state of our country.
Old 9th June 2007, 14:12   #9
Senior - BHPian

Its unbelievable but there are still ignorant people who drive without helmets.
Maybe they feel it cramps their style which is more important than safety.
Old 9th June 2007, 14:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

The article about Mahendra Trivedi is written by Mahesh Trivedi.

If theyre related it would explain a lot about the article that sounds more like an ad for Mahendra Trivedi than an unbiased news article.
Old 9th June 2007, 18:08   #11
BHPian

The man needs his head examined for a statement like this!
Old 9th June 2007, 18:16   #12
BHPian

I think he fell on his head without wearing a helmet.
Old 10th June 2007, 09:14   #13
LLL
BHPian

yep, seems like the article is written by a relative/frnd of the mla.

also, mla ji drives an expensive Chinese-made, battery-operated bicycle...so much for being a man of principles...

he has to just see an accident involving a scooterist/motor cyclist to realize what he is talking about. falling down from 2 wheeler usually results in fatal head/spine injuries.

have seen 2 relatives die of head injuries after falling from a bike and a scooter...none of them were wearing a helmet.
Old 10th June 2007, 09:41   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Its unbelievable but there are still ignorant people who drive without helmets.
You will turn into a believer if you visit my area. Barely one out of 10 riders wear helmets here. Almost 30% of the riders are women and I have seen only one woman wearing a helmet until now.

I have survived two scooter accidents (1990 and 1991), in both cases I flew away from the vehicle and landed on the head, but got up and walked away in both cases since I was wearing helmet.

Therefore when I look at these helmet-less riders, I think they either incredibly naive or incredibly ignorant or incredibly careless... basically they are incredibly something, but clearly not smart.

Let's not even start on the seat belt. I have been continuously pounding my relatives with importance of seat belts whenever some local accident comes up for discussion. I explain every time how seat belts work, how people die without them. Now my father-in-law has started wearing seat belts in highways, but takes it off in local roads.
Old 10th June 2007, 11:20   #15
Senior - BHPian

here's a case what happens when you dont wear a seat belt. they say a special mercedes-benq team came from Germany to look into the accident. they concluded the person was not wearing a seatbelt. the mercedes was doig 150+ and the car was hardly a week old.

Trader dead, two injured in accident-Ahmedabad-Cities-The Times of India

Most Viewed