Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2012, 12:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dont laminate your property Papers

There are actually 2 kinds of lamination. The simple and easy one where it is vaccumed sealed at the corners. This is easy to cut the corners adn remove the documents. The other process or cold lamination is the worst type, because it sticks over the entire document. Damn this process!!!!

After reading this, even I am in despair and want to de-laminate most of my documents to avoid hassles later. By searching the net I came across this guy in Kerala who does de-lamination and he seems to be good. I would probably call him before sending it across and see if it is safe to send it via courier

Link below

http://www.delaminators.in/

Any Kerala folks have tried this guy out?
Old 23rd February 2012, 14:51   #17
BHPian

But I received my degree from IIT Delhi laminated I have shown this to US Visa officer and he didn't raised any question
Old 24th February 2012, 15:43   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Tell me about it. I got my license color xeroxed and laminated long time back. Now i dont know which one is the original!!

Good advice/caution by the OP. But cant we give a legal affidavit vouching for the originality of the document?
My color xeroxed license looks more original than the original one . the original looks kind of washed out - blame it on poor quality printing.
Old 25th February 2012, 16:47   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutts View Post
My color xeroxed license looks more original than the original one . the original looks kind of washed out - blame it on poor quality printing.
It is precisely for this reason, the banks are being cautious, when there were some frauds committed using laminated colored zeroxes used as mortgages. I was told there is a RBI circular to banks about laminated property papers.
Old 2nd May 2013, 11:49   #20
BHPian

HELP!!

I am in a fix; I have all my marks certificate; degree certificate laminated. I need to get those plastic sheets removed ASAP.

Any good delamination center around in Bangalore that is recommended?

Thanks in advance!
Old 6th May 2013, 10:33   #21
BHPian

Delamination service in Bangalore

Sankar
Near Nagarbhavi, Bangalore.

http://www.delamination.ind.cc/

Chap has a small real estate office; does delamination as well. Pretty costly at Rs 2000/- per document. Absolutely no bargaining, at least we weren't able to persuade him to reduce even a pie.

Very secretive about what he does; had asked us to step out of the store for 15 mins; then shut the shop from inside and gave us a call after 10 mins.

My certificate was a little crumpled but got rid of the damn plastic.

Sincere advice: Take a good high res scan of your document as soon as you get it, and save it in a safe, recoverable place and DO NOT laminate it.
Old 6th May 2013, 11:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

I think this whole idea of presenting a paper as a document of certification is sheer idiocy in today's times.
When we can have documents digitally signed as a proof in other aspects of life, why does our govt and educational institutes still believe in sticking to technologically outdated and environmentally biodegradable form of documentary evidence for something that is SUPPOSED to last life long!
Old 7th May 2013, 12:04   #23
BHPian

UPDATE >>> CHEAPER, BETTER Delaminator, Koramangala, Bangalore <<<

I just found out that Urogulf Koramangala too offers delamination service. And they charge only Rs 500/- This is again negotiable if you have a bunch of documents.

Cant believe I spent 2K for the same service; and I even had to travel 40 odd kms in evening traffic.

Location: Near National Games village, Opp old passport office, Koramangala.
TEL: 080 32426060, 41553210
MOB: 09343688180
Old 7th May 2013, 12:30   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

My wife used our laminated original marriage certificate last month for her passport application. Did not cause any issues.

But yeah, one can never say when which official where will raise an issue over lamination.

Good suggestion to use sealed plastic covers instead.
Old 12th February 2016, 15:03   #25
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Anyone knows of any Reliable Delaminator around South in recent times?
Need to know the rates and quality of work. Have board marks card to delaminate.
Old 12th February 2016, 18:23   #26
BHPian

Hi adhiraj, i got our property sale deed delaminated from one Mr.Chndran, based at Trivandrum. Please look up delaminators india in google. His contact details are available in that website. About his work, he does a neat job, and as per our conversation, he can delaminate upto 8 pages per day.
Old 1st March 2019, 09:58   #27
BHPian

Cross Posting for Delaminators Information

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post4552189 (Applying for an Infant / Minor's Passport - Details *here*)

Most Viewed