Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2012, 18:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Norwegian CPS separating Indian children from their parents!

twist in the tale

The Hindu : News / National : Norway child custody row: parents
Old 20th March 2012, 18:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
vivek; this is getting murkier and even worse for the entire family.

Usually any untoward incidents affect our routine and decision making capacity. I can only imagine how helpless the parents would have felt due to separation from their children.

On top of it, if their relation had some challenges earlier, the situation itself has tested that. In my opinion, the Norwegian authorities have to take a share of the blame if not all of it. There could have been a better and less confrontational way to resolve this issue.

I hope this case is resolved soon and the children returned to their parents. The elder kid is not getting any better even living with others. Also hope this does not result in a backlash of any sort. Or any case of tarring all Indians in Norway with the same brush.
Old 20th March 2012, 23:13   #18
BHPian

Indeed a new twist in the tale, albeit not a surprising one.
CPS/CWS in several countries that I have read about, are like the tools of that country's feminist organizations that do more harm than good. As with this case, the wife committing DV then calling the cops claiming he hit her, CPS follows , divorce proceedings filed and money in the form of child support payment and alimony changes hands. Innovative form of creating employment , CPS workers, lawyers laughing all the way to the bank.

We're only going to see more such things.
Old 20th March 2012, 23:16   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
vivek; this is getting murkier and even worse for the entire family.

Usually any untoward incidents affect our routine and decision making capacity. I can only imagine how helpless the parents would have felt due to separation from their children.

On top of it, if their relation had some challenges earlier, the situation itself has tested that. In my opinion, the Norwegian authorities have to take a share of the blame if not all of it. There could have been a better and less confrontational way to resolve this issue.

I hope this case is resolved soon and the children returned to their parents. The elder kid is not getting any better even living with others. Also hope this does not result in a backlash of any sort. Or any case of tarring all Indians in Norway with the same brush.
I think you did not even read the link vivek posted. The Parents do not even want to stay together, and the father believes that the mother of kids is not a responsible mother
Old 21st March 2012, 04:48   #20
BHPian

I have been following this thread and also the reportage in Indian newspapers and its a shame that a paper like The Hindu reports as though the parents are at fault and that the Norwegian agency is correct...can the reporter understand the trauma of being seperated from one's children ?, cant they be more sensitive while reporting?...spare a thought to what they are going through. Drawing a parallel to another story where a army sarge killed some villagers in Afganistan, the debate here in papers like NYtimes is on the effect of wars on the mental condition of a soldier ( of course court martialling is on its way). I am not condoning what the soldier did, but there is a sense of responsibility in reporting on such sensitive matters.
Old 21st March 2012, 07:27   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I think you did not even read the link vivek posted. The Parents do not even want to stay together, and the father believes that the mother of kids is not a responsible mother
ha ha, I did read the link completely. Probably my understanding of the case or what should have been done differs from yours.
I think it is very convenient of that guy to pin the blame on the woman and use this as an excuse to finish some relationship that he perhaps didnt want earlier either. Just that he should have probably thought of getting the kids home first and then gone ahead with the separation process. I dont care any more or less for that lady either, they are mature enough to handle their own matters. but now the kids will have to continue living somewhere other than their own home for no fault of their own. They didnt decide to go to Norway or be treated like that.
But hey its only my opinion. totally subjective here.
Old 21st March 2012, 16:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

And now another twist?
Norway custody row: Father denies reports of filing for separation - The Times of India
Old 21st March 2012, 16:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
but now the kids will have to continue living somewhere other than their own home for no fault of their own. They didnt decide to go to Norway or be treated like that.
But hey its only my opinion. totally subjective here.
But do you think it is a bad thing? If the parents were not able to take care of them properly (and as reported the fights between the parents was having serious psychological affects of them, especially on the boy) and if they are being taken good care in the foster home (again as reported) then perhaps it is not so bad for them. I lived in France for 2 years (my higher studies) and came across a family that had adopted two Indian children (a boy and a girl, both siblings). They had a father here in India who had abandoned them to an orphanage and from there they were adopted into that French family. Anyway, that girl told me about their upbringing in France, how their adopted parents had raised them with all the love and comforts, provided them best of education etc. She got quite emotional telling about all that, her brother was younger (around 2) when they were adopted and they did not know the language of each other. But thanks to that family now she has a really good life. The foster care concept is not so bad after all.

My own experience, last time me and wifey had an argument, our 2 year old got really scared and started crying! We felt really bad and resolved never to raise our voice in front of her. Parents fighting is really really bad experience for children.
Old 21st March 2012, 17:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
My own experience, last time me and wifey had an argument, our 2 year old got really scared and started crying! We felt really bad and resolved never to raise our voice in front of her. Parents fighting is really really bad experience for children.
I understand that point joslicx.

But from my own experience it is sheer trauma for the kids if they are being claimed by their biological parents at various intervals.
It would be ideal if they were handed over either to the foster parents for good or to their other biological relatives. This inbetween situation has the potential to scar them for life.
especially with all the added media attention.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks