Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2006, 18:00   #1
BHPian

Selling my car - what would be a fair price

Hi all,

This is my first post here. I am looking to sell my silver-colored Santro Deluxe 1999 (May 1999) (AC/Heater, power steering, power windows, rear defogger and wiper). I myself bought it second hand in January 2005 from a friend for 1.75 lacs. It has run 76,000 kms and is well maintained. Power windows have been fitted for the rear windows as well. The car has a Kenwood cassette stereo and is fitted with alloy wheels. I live in small congested town (Siliguri, West Bengal) where the car gives me a mileage of 14 kmpl. The tax has been paid till May 2010 and the insurance (comprehensive) till May 2006. What should be the fair price for it?

The local Hyundai dealer is offering me Rs 1.40 Lac under an exchange offer. I feel it is some less. Also, I feel that if I sell it to an individual, I can then put the money into buying any other car besides one from Hyundai.

Pictures are here.

All comments are welcome and most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

johy
Old 29th March 2006, 18:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

HOw much did you spend for teh car? and what car are you gonna buy next? If its a xing; use the old alloys
Old 29th March 2006, 18:38   #3
BHPian

I spent Rs 18,000 odd for the tax and say another 10 K or so on repairs.
Old 29th March 2006, 18:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

JOHY

Welcome on board!...All newcomers are advised to go through the RULES first.

Looks like you have a neat, well maintained car. I realise you are only seeking a resale price point - however I feel it may be better accomplished if you post this in the MARKETPLACE section. There is a specific format in which the information has to be provided.

Enjoy your stay here!.. and good luck with your sale!

Last edited by kb100 : 29th March 2006 at 18:44.
Old 29th March 2006, 19:18   #5
BHPian

Hi kb100,

Thanks a lot. It does feel great to be here. I just tried posting under MARKETPLACE, but it seems I just don't have enough priviliges to do that

The message I got is " .......... you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to the following reason:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page.
  2. Please refer to the Announcements section of this forum where different membership levels are explained in detail."
@jkdas,

Well, it could be a Wagon-R Vxi, a Santro again, a Getz, or even a Hyundai Accent (in the order of preference).

Thanks
Old 29th March 2006, 19:23   #6
LLL
BHPian

My calculations:

WIll knock of depreciation 20% == 1.75*0.2 = 0.35 L
Tax component 0.8*18k = 15K
total = 50k

hence final = 1.75 + 0.18 (tax) - 0.35 - 0.15 = 1.43 Lakhs. Thats the max amount i would pay if i were to buy it.
Old 29th March 2006, 20:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

Oh!!.. Dint realise it does that!...

Anyways ..Advice on new car purchase - you are in the right place! MOst new comers here routinely go thru this disease called "mild-confusion" .. some have been known to be afflicted permanetly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy
Well, it could be a Wagon-R Vxi, a Santro again, a Getz, or even a Hyundai Accent (in the order of preference).
ha Ha... Get set to work on that order a little (.. or a lot as the case may be!)

Soon the learned shall speak!

Last edited by kb100 : 29th March 2006 at 20:18.
Old 31st March 2006, 11:16   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi all,

This is my first post here. I am looking to sell my silver-colored Santro Deluxe 1999 (May 1999) (AC/Heater, power steering, power windows, rear defogger and wiper). I myself bought it second hand in January 2005 from a friend for 1.75 lacs. It has run 76,000 kms and is well maintained. Power windows have been fitted for the rear windows as well. The car has a Kenwood cassette stereo and is fitted with alloy wheels. I live in small congested town (Siliguri, West Bengal) where the car gives me a mileage of 14 kmpl. The tax has been paid till May 2010 and the insurance (comprehensive) till May 2006. What should be the fair price for it?

The local Hyundai dealer is offering me Rs 1.40 Lac under an exchange offer. I feel it is some less. Also, I feel that if I sell it to an individual, I can then put the money into buying any other car besides one from Hyundai.

Pictures are here.

johy
Well johy... considering that you purchased it as a pre-owned car for 1.75 lacs and then used it for another 4+ years I think you are getting Rs 1.40Lacs as a very fair value. The fact is yours is a 99 model, on top of that it has had 2 previous owners, at the least. For a car of that sorts you are really getting a very good value. I think yours is not a 1.1L epsilon engine, right? Even if you do not want to sell it to the local Hyundai dealer sell it off for something close to that price to any individual buyer, if you can locate one.
Old 31st March 2006, 11:42   #9
Team-BHP Support

I sold my mothers Sept 1999 in Oct. Pls see here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/market...0-dx-sale.html

A friend bought it and paid more than the market. 1.43 from a dealer is a steal esp when prices are reduced
Old 31st March 2006, 12:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

johy

Seems to be good offer from the dealer. You can part with him or you can get a estimate from him for your car in their letter head, find out a direct buyer. You can tell the direct buyer that dealer has offered this price & ask him additional 5k to close the deal. Good luck.
Old 31st March 2006, 19:33   #11
Team-BHP Support

Since johy is a newbie he won't be able to respond to this thread. Hope he got the info he needed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks