Chandigarh 19 10.44%
None of the above 11 6.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2006, 17:45   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45
try standing on the top floors of the high rises on the palm beach , it is indeed a beautiful view.
I wouldnt take the chance - the way those buildings are being constructed on marshy land.

Quote:
palm beach is liked by so many, if so then it too can become a flouting of CRZ as it is closer to the mangroves. secondly all the new buildings are coming up on the left side of palm beach while travelling from vashi to belapur, the few one that are on the other side are near NRI Colony.
All buildings on Plam Beach Road have flouted the CRZ rules. Infact I think, I read somewhere that the road too violates CRZ..will get back on this.

Quote:
i have mentioned in my post that Sector 17 being very congested market place was flooded, but anything after starting of palm beach was clear till belapur. all water flowed in to the sea and that was due to good drainage system.
I dont agree ..Palm beach road is an open road ..there was no obstruction for the water. Let the buildings be complete and we shall see.

Quote:
any ways it is about the city that we stay in, the poll is all about and i m just mentioning a few good things about it. negitives are there but then which city doesnt have its share of negatives?
I agree but the negatives are starting to outnumber the positives.

Quote:
i stand by my views on navi mumbai
shubbhi
So do I. And lets get back to the topic before we go COMPLETELY Off Topic.

cheers

Last edited by normally_crazy : 4th April 2006 at 17:50.
Old 4th April 2006, 18:11   #47
Team-BHP Support

I chose Bombay. Regret the decision of moving to Pune for a job. Compared to Pune I prefer Bombay a hundred times better.
Old 4th April 2006, 18:46   #48
BHPian

If you analyze demography of team-bhpians, you'll see most of them come from Delhi, Bombay & Bangalore. So, naturally these cities are leading! So, this poll result is "statistically" flawed

PS: The result is unlikely to change even if more people from same demographical samples vote.

Last edited by sbasak : 4th April 2006 at 18:48.
Old 4th April 2006, 19:10   #49
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbasak
If you analyze demography of team-bhpians, you'll see most of them come from Delhi, Bombay & Bangalore. So, naturally these cities are leading! So, this poll result is "statistically" flawed

PS: The result is unlikely to change even if more people from same demographical samples vote.
The requirement was ... Software Industry.... so obviously.. there is not much software industry (except for local CD wallas)... in many cities.

And wherever there is software industry.... team-bhpians are there!!

So its not flawed "statistically"
Old 4th April 2006, 23:14   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
A touch optimistic there, manaa? It may be futuristic in comparison with the rest of Mumbai, but not in comparison to other cities around the world.
I agree with Shubbi here. Well, you may not be able to compare it with the rest of the world, but Navi Mumbai is certainly a class above the rest of India..

Just a peek into the state-of-the-art Railway Stations, and the office-space above them puts things in perspective.. The Cidco bus station opposite sector 16 has more buses passing through it as compared to namma majestica in bengaluru.. (Surprise, it is less than half the size of the mighty majestic bus-stop in Bangalore)..

Speaking of CRZ violations and construction over marshy lands, there are other cities in the world that have been developed over reclamation lands.. Reference to a certain Dubai and Tokyo will not be out of place here..

We must give credit where it is due.. The roads in Navi-Mumbai are much better than our Sarjapur Road and Bannerghatta roads.. And the drainage system is definitely better than that in Koramangala and in T-Nagar chennai..

But the best thing about Navi-Mumbai is the BEST and NMMT bus drivers, far more disciplined than the bus-drivers in Chennai and Bangalore. And i haven't commented on other cities coz, i haven't lived there long enough to comment on those..

No-Wonder, Mumbai rules this post..
Old 4th April 2006, 23:27   #51
Senior - BHPian

All this talk about Navi Mumbai is fine but it reminds me of Chandigarh so much! Wide roads, extremely well planned, drainage non existent issue and so on...
Has india finally managed another Chandigrah in Navi Mumbai?
Old 5th April 2006, 00:12   #52
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
extremely well planned, drainage non existent issue and so on...
Tell me about it!.... I floated in an Indica.. in Chandigarh!.... .. Really poor drainage!...

I had planned to take my own car on that official trip.... but then.. didn't happen!... and I am SO glad!... The Indica's engine was Gone!

Last edited by SLK : 5th April 2006 at 00:13.
Old 5th April 2006, 02:12   #53
BHPian

I voted for Chandigarh, not because I myself work here but the cost of living is much lower as compared to Gurgaon and Bangalore. I have lived in GGN for almost 2 years and in B'lore for around 6 months.

Also the roads are clean, Kasuali + Shimla + Mussoorie are nearby, so kinda kewl place to live @!
Old 5th April 2006, 11:03   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man23ish

The parameters are ..

1> Infrastructure.
2> Cost of Living.
3> Traffic Conditions.
4> Weather and Climate.
5> Water Table Index.
6> Corruption.
7> Peace of Mind.
8> Attractive Investments from FDI.
9> Employment Opportunities in Software Industry.
I'm surprised that food was not considered to be one of the critical
parameters ! Too subjective you say ? Well the discussion has
progressed along subjective lines anyway! And don't we see raging
passionate discussions about looks of cars everyday ? Food is
supposed to be any less critical ?!

And it is not all subjective either. We can talk about food quality,
variety, availability, etc. among other things. Do these not matter ?

Anyway, I couldn't cast my vote, because the only city I believed
myself entitled to vote about (due to substantial recent stay)
gets my thumbs down, -- a negative vote. There was no such option !
Old 5th April 2006, 11:10   #55
Team-BHP Support

But you say "Stranded in chd", looks like you are not too happy there!
Old 5th April 2006, 11:11   #56
Team-BHP Support

Food eh? Well then delhi wins.
you can have delicious paranthas and great food for as low as 40rs/head to 2000rs/head. It offers the entire range. There are great resturants offering 100-150/head, stalls where you get great fresh food for 15-20rs/head!
Old 5th April 2006, 11:16   #57
BHPian

My Choice is Bangalore... any day

1> Infrastructure.
Road conditions are getting better day by day, new CM looks productive
2> Cost of Living.
House Rentals are high, but you can find the right fit depends on the area u prefer to stay, everything else is quite reasonable
3> Traffic Conditions.
Bad in certain arterial roads but across BLR situation is so so due to the condition of the roads primarily which is improving by the day
4> Weather and Climate.
The best in the country
5> Water Table Index.
No Water problems except for certain new localities
6> Corruption.
Is predominant but not as distinct as you find in the North and other parts
7> Peace of Mind.
BLR is for peace of mind anyday
8> Attractive Investments from FDI.
Well you can read the news, Karnataka ranks high interms of FDI (not sure how this would matter to you)
9> Employment Opportunities in Software Industry.
Well, talk to any software engineer, I am sure majority would prefer Bangalore for the opportunities it has to offer in this industry. Other states, cities are learning from us, how to do it and how not to do it as well )
Old 5th April 2006, 11:34   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist
My Choice is Bangalore... any day

6> Corruption.
Is predominant but not as distinct as you find in the North and other parts
In 2005, Karnataka was ranked Fourth Most Corrupt state in the country, next to Bihar, J&K and Madhya Pradesh.
http://www.deccanherald.com/deccanhe...2182005630.asp

Here is the bribe card for Karnataka:
http://www.karnataka.com/govt/corruption/

And you still think Karnataka fares better than most states as far as corruption goes? 70+ crores of rupees were recovered from the houses of just 5 police officers in Bangalore. Every day Lok Ayuktha catches someone or the other taking bribe. But then they all go scot free coz no action is taken against them by the government.

Amitoj
Old 5th April 2006, 11:48   #59
Team-BHP Support

I would have loved to vote for bangalore just because of the weather, but after living there for 4 years, I have come to the conclusion that nothing much can happen.
1. Infrastucture
Yes roads can be made pothole free. But there is something called road width. Colony roads in Noida and some parts of delhi are wider than Airport road. Unless you ban vehicles on Airport road or come up with a wonderful mass transit system which makes cars uncesessary, nothing will reduce the commute time
2.Cost of living
You can get low rented places but you have to go far. 20kms or so from the city! the place where I am living in noida costs 7700/mo in rent. If I was living in such an apartment in a similar locality in Bangalore, lets say indiranagar, the rent would have been 25K/mo
Old 5th April 2006, 11:56   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
In 2005, Karnataka was ranked Fourth Most Corrupt state in the country, next to Bihar, J&K and Madhya Pradesh.
http://www.deccanherald.com/deccanhe...2182005630.asp

Here is the bribe card for Karnataka:
http://www.karnataka.com/govt/corruption/

And you still think Karnataka fares better than most states as far as corruption goes? 70+ crores of rupees were recovered from the houses of just 5 police officers in Bangalore. Every day Lok Ayuktha catches someone or the other taking bribe. But then they all go scot free coz no action is taken against them by the government.

Amitoj
Atleast corruption is being probed and reported down south in BLR and we have a SWAT team called Lok Ayuktha, I don't hear anything like this being done in any other part of India. Well do that and then we will know. There is a need to start someplace to stem corruption and this has started in Bangalore over the last few years and no other place I suppose. There is a portal where you can postthe issues you face be it corruption, police inaction, traffic violations and a lot more.

To add to your facts Amitoj, they also found recovered "Stolen Jewellary" in one of the cops lockers too here in Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks