None of the above 11 6.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2006, 19:20   #76
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Come on guys ! Now we hear that the Metro in Delhi is going up to Noida because of the CW games. I guess all the Political Power being based in Delhi really helps the city's cause.
You got to be here in Delhi.. to see whats happening!.... MCD is ceiling the MAIN markets of Delhi coz.. they are residential area! (though there are more shops then homes there)
and most of the MAIN markets are in residential areas... as there is hardly any commercial area! ... so much for CW Games!
Old 5th April 2006, 19:35   #77
Senior - BHPian

navi mumbai/mumbai for me any day....even from a foodie's point of view mumbai is great ...its really a melting pot of all the cultures and languages...i guess it would be the most cosmopolitan city in india...mumbai rocks always!!
Old 5th April 2006, 19:38   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK
You got to be here in Delhi.. to see whats happening!.... MCD is ceiling the MAIN markets of Delhi coz.. they are residential area! (though there are more shops then homes there)
and most of the MAIN markets are in residential areas... as there is hardly any commercial area! ... so much for CW Games!
Exactly SLK - All effect of the games. Delhi will be a better place , thats what I think,

And I sincerely wish someone like Khairnar comes back to Bombay and clears the streets and pavements of the hawkers. Just to give you an example - the hawkers union and the govt of Maharashtra worked out a deal for the hawkers outside Dadar railway station. they built for the hawkers a new building and it was decided all the hawkers would move there , leaving the pavements and roads empty. And you know ultimately what happened ? After the building was constructed and ready , the hawkers refused citing some silly reason and the building lies vacant now while the chaos outside the railway station continues.
Old 6th April 2006, 19:33   #79
BHPian

A lot of differing views, but clearly Mumbai stands head and shoulders above the rest of the country, with delhi(NCR) following a close second and bangalore in the third place. Hyderabad started slow, but rose quickly to the 4th place with chandigarh in the 5th place.

Thanks a lot for your opinion folks.. I am heading towards Navi-Mumbai.. And now comes the time to find a job there..
Old 10th April 2006, 17:18   #80
BHPian

1> Infrastructure = Delhi, probably
2> Cost of Living = doesnt matter
3> Traffic Conditions = hyderabad
4> Weather and Climate = namma bengaluru
5> Water Table Index = again bangalore
6> Corruption = symbol of every city
7> Peace of Mind = depends
8> Attractive Investments from FDI = depends
9> Employment Opportunities in Software Industry = bangalore rulzzz.
Old 11th April 2006, 14:48   #81
Senior - BHPian

Just to update you guys - saw a feature on CNBC or NDTV Profit about a survey done by Mercers. Here is the link http://www.business-standard.com/com...&autono=221917

Mumbai and Delhi are 150th. And guess which country has the top 2 cities ? No prizes for guessing.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 11th April 2006 at 14:52.
Old 11th April 2006, 15:17   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Just to update you guys - saw a feature on CNBC or NDTV Profit about a survey done by Mercers. Here is the link http://www.business-standard.com/com...&autono=221917

Mumbai and Delhi are 150th. And guess which country has the top 2 cities ? No prizes for guessing.
And even here on Team-BHP poll, we have both Mumbai and Delhi for the top two, with Bangalore a close third
Old 13th May 2008, 15:55   #83
Senior - BHPian

@man23ish,

you didnt put an update on your decision, but we could see that your choice is hyderabad.

Welcome to hyderabad. (sorry for the delay) How long have you been in hyderabad? do join us in the meets.

raj.
(designated hyd meet co-ordinator )
Old 13th May 2008, 16:08   #84
BHPian

Though its a tough chioce between delhi and mumbai, but I would go with Delhi for its broader roads in comparison to mumbai.

Though the I really like the sea to its a tough call.
I wish Delhi would had been a cost city than it would surely be no1.
Old 13th May 2008, 16:20   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man23ish View Post
I am looking to settle down in life now. Which is the best city in India to live & work and of-course drive out to a relaxing destination??

The parameters are ..

1> Infrastructure.
2> Cost of Living.
3> Traffic Conditions.
4> Weather and Climate.
5> Water Table Index.
6> Corruption.
7> Peace of Mind.
8> Attractive Investments from FDI.
9> Employment Opportunities in Software Industry.

To my mind, Gandhinagar in Gujarat, fits all of the above criteria except for the last one :-)

But i am interested in knowing your opinions.

There is no where like home
Delhi lacks
3> Traffic Conditions.
4> Weather and Climate.
5> Water Table Index.
6> Corruption.
7> Peace of Mind.
Bangalore lacks
1> Infrastructure.
2> Cost of Living.
3> Traffic Conditions.
6> Corruption.
7> Peace of Mind.
Mumbai lacks
2> Cost of Living.
3> Traffic Conditions.
4> Weather and Climate.
5> Water Table Index.
6> Corruption.
7> Peace of Mind.
9> Employment Opportunities in Software Industry.
Old 13th May 2008, 19:01   #86
BHPian

Hi,

I voted for Kolkata. Like Zappo said in one of his posts, there is no city in India that can give this place a competition. In the terms mentioned.

It is a METRO!! it has everything that you can think off! It has a very good network of local transport, good food, good houses, malls.. the longest night life in India! Yess!! the pubs and discs go on till 4am in the morning.. and you can still go to place thereafter!!

Cost of living is lesse compared to any of the other 3 metros but you don't compromise on your standard of living!

This is what makes an ideal place of work!

Cheers,
Shrey
Old 13th May 2008, 19:14   #87
Senior - BHPian

My vote goes for Mumbai,so comfortable to work here especially if your office is in 10km range from your house aahhh...!!!
Old 14th May 2008, 01:36   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra View Post
And even here on Team-BHP poll, we have both Mumbai and Delhi for the top two, with Bangalore a close third
I think that reflects the population here on T-Bhp, so the biasedness will creep in. I have lived in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Bangalore and Pune for time periods ranging from 6 months to 7 years, and can say with complete unbiasedness (is that a word?!) Pune is the best city to live in, followed very closely by Mumbai and Bangalore which are probably tied for 2nd, both being let down by traffic issues.
Old 14th May 2008, 07:32   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

more jobs = more chaos. hard to have peace of mind and great job scene together.
Old 14th May 2008, 22:54   #90
BHPian

Three cheers for Bengaluru

For me.. its the home of tuning in India. Namma Bengaluru. I wouldn't care for anything else - traffic and all that is irrelevant... if I can do what I'm doing right now, in Bangalore. If there is any place to be in India, at least for me, Bangalore it is. It has given me a lot in three and a half years I spent there and met a lot of people (who eventually became close pals) and are responsible to a large extent for where I'm now.

I'm absolutely in love with the place . No second thoughts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks