Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2004, 16:14   #1
Team-BHP Support

Hey guys,

Occasionally people have been complaining of not being able to connect to TBHP. Their browser shows "page not found".

I was having this same problem at a cybercafe, and figured out a couple of solutions.

The problem is caused because when u type in "team-bhp.com" your computer checks with a DNS server (Domain name server) which translates the text URL into an IP address. For some strange reason some DNS servers do not have TBHP listed, and thats what causes the error.

Solutions-

There are 3 possible solutions to this problem. The first one being the true solution, but also a bit complicated.

1. Go to your internet connection properties and in the `Secondary DNS Server' box enter "202.54.1.18" (VSNLs DNS server). If the problem still occurs put this in the Primary box. This is a bit complicated coz where the "DNS Server" box is differs according to OS and type of connection. (look in TCP/IP settings if you cant find it)

2. Goto http://www.anonymizer.com and in the top right box enter the TBHP URL and click go.

3. Go to your hotmail account and email http://www.team-bhp.com to yourself. Open the new mail and click the link. This should open TBHP in one of those stupid hotmail windows, (hopefully hotmail will resolve the IP address from its own DNS servers).

Thanks to a friend for the 2nd and 3rd tips.

Hope this helps you guys out.
Copy and paste this msg to yourself in an email because the next time you have this problem (if you ever do) you sure as hell wont be able to access this page! lol

cya
R

ps - i know there was a thread on this problem but i cldnt find it! lol

Old 14th June 2004, 16:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

yo dude!
tried it from many proxy servers, but unable to access

for me it said: operation timed out, bad gateway

isnt there a no type, where u type in the no rather than the name
Old 14th June 2004, 17:02   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hey aadix,

The "operation timed out, bad gateway" is a different problem.
I have had that a couple of times at home..but it dissapears in a couple of minutes unlike the DNS problem which can last for days...right?

I would have just provided the IP address, but it doesnt work for 2 reasons -
1. On the server we are currently on, i thinkThe IP address keeps changing, hence causing those DNS problems when the DNS servers dont update often enough. (My guess)
2. If you type in just the IP address the webhosting site gives some error....... im not sure why! ....anyone?

cya
R

Most Viewed