Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2012, 11:22   #1
Senior - BHPian

Need Hospital References in Delhi for Liver Cancer

Cancer Hospitals in Delhi

Guys my Maternal grandmother has been diagnosed with Liver Cancer. She's currently in Meerut and has undergone some tests at the Military Hospital there.
The doctors have confirmed this and have asked us to move her to a good hospital in Delhi. Now the docs have asked us to find out a good hospital in delhi and they will then write a reference letter addressed to that hospital.

I have no idea about hospitals in delhi. Just know that AIIMS is good but takes a lot of time and have read a few bad reviews about Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute as well.

Could you guys list out some good cancer hospitals in Delhi. Or find out from people you know. Have to tell then by tonight.

Thanks in advance guys.

PS: Mods please don't merge this thread with the other cancer related threads for a day or so. Thanks.
Old 29th May 2012, 11:32   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Urgent Help Required in DELHI for Liver Cancer

Sorry to hear that navpreet.

Balaji Hospital in Paschim Vihar ( West Delhi ). There are two hospitals in the campus - A cancer speciality hospital and a general hospital. While I have no experience with the former, my dad got operated in the general hospital in January. The facilities were good. My father in law also got his bypass done from there around the same time.

You can find out more about this place. Its a relatively new hospital, I think 5-6 years old

The other advantage is that the hospital is walking distance from a metro station and has lots of residential places nearby, in case you would want temporary accomodation.

All the best !

Edit: http://actionhospital.com/

Last edited by Eddy : 29th May 2012 at 11:34.
Old 29th May 2012, 11:41   #3
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Urgent Help Required in DELHI for Liver Cancer - Need Hospital References

Hey Nav,

Some links that could be of help. Team-BHP'ians from Delhi would be the best people to refer you to a good hospital.

Apollo Liver Care | Liver Treatment | Liver Transplantation | Treatment for Liver Cancer

Hospital list conducting LIVER CANCER SURGERY in DELHI
Old 29th May 2012, 12:25   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Navpreet, sorry to hear about this.

2 places come highly recommended (both having been used for treatment of cancers/malignancies by colleagues' families):

1. Galaxy Cancer- Overview | Best Hospital in NCR for Cardiac Surgery, Cancer Treatment, Cosmetic Surgery, Preventive Health Check Ups. New, good personal care, less crowded, but may be a tad more expensive than others.

2. New Generation Cancer Facilities - Shanti Mukand Hospital. Again, a good place, not crowded, and reasonable costs too. Not new or as swank as Pushpanjali Crosslay, but still provides excellent treatment.

Hope this helps. PM me if you need anything further.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 29th May 2012 at 12:28.
Old 29th May 2012, 13:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for the replies. Am going through them and will call up mom and tell her. Problem is I am in Dharwad Karnataka. So can only count on internet and friends for this info.

Thanks to you guys for these links, I'll now be able to have a better view of the hospitals and narrow down my search.

Doc, thanks and I will PM you for more info.

It is moments like these when one realizes the importance of platforms like tbhp and the great bunch of guys that are here.
Old 29th May 2012, 13:09   #6
BHPian

Re: Need Hospital References in Delhi for Liver Cancer

I do not know about current rankings etc. However my experience when my late father was undergoing treatment for Hodgkin's Lymphoma was that the level of expertise available at Rotary Cancer AIIMS was the best. Yes, being a public hospital callous lower level employees, queues do seem a bother. The treatment quality though was good. Another option is the Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute Rohini New Delhi.
Old 29th May 2012, 14:05   #7
AWD
BHPian

There are a couple of doctors like Dr Soin & hospitals like Sir Ganga ram & PGI Lucknow that have Liver specialities. A few Docs. at AIIMS are also well know, a friends mother is currently undergoing treatment for Liver cancer at Medanta hospital & they are pretty satisfied with the outcome.
Old 29th May 2012, 17:35   #8
BHPian

Hi
Ganga Ram and Medanta offer the best possible care for liver disease. Hope it helps.
Old 29th May 2012, 18:55   #9
Senior - BHPian

I have had a couple of close relatives who spent the better part of the last decade fighting cancer (leukaemia / breast cancer) over two rounds (one lost the battle, other won). AIIMS pwns the others in simple price and sheer bleeding edge competence esp for terminal patients.

Rajiv Gandhi Hospital is a bill making machine. We had to use a doctor relative to get our cousin out filmi style because they would just not transfer him out and keep billing non-stop.

If you have enough money (read over 30-50L) then the possibilities are open. Else AIIMS is the best for a 10 or even 20L budget.

Do some jugaad for ensuring minimum queues for consultation but AIIMS is by far the place to go. The other out of the box thing would be to search out clinical trials in case conventional treatments offer little hope in her case. That offers better care for a possibly better reward/risk scenario.

Last edited by phamilyman : 29th May 2012 at 18:56.
Old 29th May 2012, 19:43   #10
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Amoungs the best for liver related issues are

Pushpawati Singhania Research Institute at Sheikh Sarai (PSRI)
and
Institute of Liver & Biliary Sciences at Vasant Kunj.

hope this helps.
Old 30th May 2012, 07:53   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

I can give you some information with a degree of confidence about matters concerning the liver.
Medanta, Gurgaon is the no. 1 centre in India for treatment of liver ailments including liver transplants with 95 % success. Dr A.S. Soin heads the centre and has done around several hundred transplants. But the patient should be fit enough to undergo a transplant. A donor who is a close family member (same or O blood group) is legally approved.The transplant costs about Rs 25 L (incl hospitalisation for 2 months for the donor as well).If transplant is not possible you can go for treatment that may lessen the spread of the disease.
The Sir Gangaram Hospital, Rajinder Nagar has an expert Dr Piyush Ranjan and his team who also do liver treatment/ transplant jobs very well.In fact, Dr Soin was in Sir Gangaram in his initial days, but with a team of 5-6 doctors shifted to Medanta.
But Medanta is the best. I stated all these facts confidently, as my close relative was in the Army Research and Referral Hospital, Delhi that also had a very fine liver transplant unit.He was in the team of 5 to six doctors there. Now all the experts are transferred as they had put 5-6 years here at Palam, New Delhi. He knows many hepatologists in Delhi hence.The unit is there and is manned by a new team.I also have a close relative who needs liver treatment and so she was in Sir Gangaram for about seven days to undergo biopsy. Now the Medanta information has come in and so on.
No other centre anywhere in India is better and recommended by my close relative.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 30th May 2012 at 07:55.
Old 30th May 2012, 10:31   #12
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the replies guys. Have called up the various hospitals and only Medanta have replied in an affirmative to admitting Military Hospital Patients. They have provided us the most seamless admission and billing process for this. So today We will be contacting Medanta for further admission queries. In all probability my grand mother will be shifted there tomorrow.

Thanks for all the quick replies people. God bless you all!
Old 30th May 2012, 22:14   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. Have called up the various hospitals and only Medanta have replied in an affirmative to admitting Military Hospital Patients. They have provided us the most seamless admission and billing process for this. So today We will be contacting Medanta for further admission queries. In all probability my grand mother will be shifted there tomorrow.

Thanks for all the quick replies people. God bless you all!
Hey buddy a friend of mine is an oncological surgeon at Delhi and his name is Dr. Majeed Ahmed Talikoti and he is from my town in Karnataka. I can give you his mobile number if you need and you can pm me for his number. He is a very humble and nice person and he will be more than willing to help you. Earlier he was with AIMS but now is working with some other hospital.
Old 31st May 2012, 13:09   #14
BHPian

Navpreet wish you your grandmom a successful treatment and a speedy recovery.

As others have recommended, I too feel that currently Medanta offers the best facilities in most medical domains.
Old 31st May 2012, 14:08   #15
Senior - BHPian

Ok so a new development according to the Doctor at MH. First my grandma has to be taken to the Polyclinic on Lodhi Road. They will then refer to the hospital and it can be in the premises of Delhi only. They can even refer her to R&R. But my grandma has had a very bad experience at R&R. So she simply won't agree to going there. Now they are in all probability going to suggest Appolo.

These MH docs have really screwed the equation. I just hope she gets treated soon and treated right.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks