Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2012, 09:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: eBay sellers refusing to ship to India

I think from what I have read here so far the complaints are really not against sellers on Ebay itself but mostly about the purchased items not reaching the buyer.

All I can say is when you live in Indian and are aware of the volume of stuff that is handled by the Postal Service you should ensure that your item is shipped to you via a secure source like a courier company or even regestered post with tracking.

For me browsing ebay for different sorts of stuff is a fun activity. I built up my entire collection of Automobile Quarterly books thru Ebay and have got some really great bargains and have also lost some real cool deals ...but thats all part of the game !
Old 13th June 2012, 12:37   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
I built up my entire collection of Automobile Quarterly books thru Ebay and have got some really great bargains and have also lost some real cool deals ...but thats all part of the game !
that's nothing, i built up my entire Austin 12/4 from parts sourced on eBay from all over the world, UK, France, USA,Australia,Belgium,Singapore,Sweden etc
my ultimate eBay bargain... a complete boa constrictor horn (trumpet head)for 30 pounds which i managed to snipe at the very last second, of course it cost 50 pounds to ship, but still a bargain!

as for the above post regarding the lost toy, it most likely went missing at the international post office. some of those guys are absolutely rude and uncooperative, apart from being crooks. i too have never received any childrens item that was sent untracked, and it was sent by family so there is no doubt about it being sent.

Last edited by awini : 13th June 2012 at 12:44.
Old 21st November 2013, 17:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

First time I bought something from ebay UK and got stuck as I have not got delivery of the product yet. The timeline is:

Bought the product on Oct 28. Registered on ebay uk and paid through my credit card directly.
Got despatch details with tracking number on October 29.
Tried to contact seller for non-delivery of item. ebay said I transacted as paypal guest user hence cannot contact seller directly. Still, used the payment problem page and got through to supplier who confirmed that the material has been sent.
Today tried to dispute the delivery again. Ebay UK says I logged on paypal guest user hence can't dispute on ebay but only through paypal. I try disputing at paypal and they say they have no record of my transaction.

What do I do now? Like I said, I registered on ebay uk and paid on the site directly through my credit card. How did paypal come into the picture here?! I have sent an email to paypal about this. Any suggestions on how to go about this?

Royal mail tracking website say's "product passed on to overseas postal service for delivery in India". It's a medical product so I don't see what the mailman is going to do with it!

Last edited by amit : 21st November 2013 at 17:33.
Old 21st November 2013, 17:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Royal mail tracking website say's "product passed on to overseas postal service for delivery in India". It's a medical product so I don't see what the mailman is going to do with it!
This is most likely stuck with Indian Customs. They usually dispatch a letter to the address mentioned in the consignment, asking you come in person to complete formalities. Formalities however change based on the position of sun at that time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks