Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2012, 21:08   #16
BHPian

Update on the Bannergatta road guys! It's gonna be two way starting tomorrow morning. This is as per the latest Facebook post by BTP. You can all breathe a sigh of relief!
Old 18th June 2012, 21:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
An update on the one way implementation on Bannerghatta road.

I had emailed the additional commissioner of police on his email regarding this issue in the morning. I received the following reply.

Thank you very much for the mail. On Bannerghatta Road and East-end road, one-way is implemented on experimental basis for few days. It has been done to find solution for huge traffic congestion on Bannerghatta Road between Dairy Circle and Jayadeva flyover. Kindly bear with us for some time.
With regards,
Dr. M. A. Saleem, IPS,
Addl. Commissioner of Police,
Traffic, Bangalore City.

Hopefully let this experiment end soon and let us residents get our peaceful neighbourhood back.

Finally common sense has prevailed and I just received an update from Dr. M.A. Saleem that the police will revert back to the old system of 2 way traffic on Bannerghatta road from tomorrow.

This is to inform you that we are reverting back to the old system of 2 way traffic on Bannerghatta Road and adjoining roads from tomorrow.

Kudos to Bangalore traffic police for acting swiftly in resolving the traffic problem.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 21:14   #18
BHPian

re: Bangalore : Bannerghatta Road partially one way. *UPDATE* Back to 2-Way

Good news guys, As per Bangalore Traffic Police Update on Face Book,

Bangalore Traffic Police

6 minutes ago

This is to inform you that we are reverting back to the old system of 2 way traffic on Bannerghatta Road and adjoining roads from tomorrow.
With regards,
Dr. M. A. Saleem, IPS,
Addl. Commissioner of Police,
Traffic, Bangalore City.

Vijay
Old 18th June 2012, 22:13   #19
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Good to hear that they are going to revert back to how Bannerghatta Road was a few days back.

However, thanks to this small change, I have now found a different route home through Jaynagar>JC Road> until corporation which is far more relaxed than Bannerghatta Road to Corporation (KH road etc). Of course, reach corporation and the madness is there to sting you in the behind

Though a km more than my original route, I am looking forward to my FE improving and Blood pressure reducing.
Old 19th June 2012, 07:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

It was an absolute mess last morning at 7 am with the one way system implemented. Good that they reverted back the old two way system. Traffic flow is smooth as usual at the moment.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 19th June 2012 at 07:22.
Old 19th June 2012, 18:56   #21
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore : Bannerghatta Road partially one way. *UPDATE* Back to 2-Way

Thank god for small mercies. LAst night at around 9 pm it was absolute mayhem- the idiots had also made the tilaknagar road one way, and I had no clue why!! With the result that there was complete commotion, with a horde of cops standing and doing nothing about it!

Today morning, I was prepared to take the East End road after crossing Jayadeva circle, and was relieved to see they had reverted back to the old 2 way system.

I have no idea what purpose this 2-3 day circus served.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks