Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2006, 16:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

The Effect of Team-Bhp

While reading travel and street drag experiences in our forum, I could feel how much one would have enjoyed in those situations & I really envy the talents they have with the steering wheel. I got know about the power of Palio’s, Vtech’s, Baleno’s only after I became the member of Team-Bhp. I really wanted to have a wonderful drive and post my experiences as others do.

It’s time to share my experience. We had booked a resort on Mahabalipuram for Sunday to spend a full day over there. I am really not interested in the day’s program, but driving the car along the 40 kms stretch in East Coast Road made me to enroll myself for the days program. It has been decided to start from Velachery at 8.30 am & reach Mahab’s by 9.30 am.

I told them that I would be joining them in the resort at 9.30 am. I wanted to leave little bit early around 7.30 with two of my friend’s as I wanted to enjoy my morning drive along the coastal road. Went through lot of posts on Buckle and Street Travel Experiences to get few tips from users experience.

Here it starts: Black beauty Swift was waiting for me. Gave life to the engine & stopped at a teashop to have the first tea with smoke for the day. Called my friends & both of them gave me a shock that they were not in a position to join me. My enthusiasm never got affected & decided to do all alone.

Early morning sun, mild music, empty roads with good breeze, I moved along with all these things slowly and got myself plugged into the East Coast Road. Shan2u, Ajmat, Speedsathya, Sahil & many other crossed my mind – Just thought why not push my beauty within my skills limit. Hmm Let me do it. Road is very smooth with less traffic. Cut the gear down & floored the accelerator. Speedo goes 60-80-100. I was comfortable till this stage. Oh no, Ripping, revving, the terms were haunting me very much. Wow- 110-120. I could feel the pleasure in driving speed. A ford Ikon 1.6 was going in front of me. He must be doing around same speed. First time in racing, I felt the ball rolling in stomach & my blood want more of it.Pedaled the accelerator to 125-130. I was marginally higher than what he is doing & went to the right hand side to pass ahead of him. It seems he too is marginally increasing his speed & I felt the difficulty in zipping ahead. Went to 135-140. I could feel my black beauty is slightly getting advantage over the Ikon 1.6.

Straight road comes to a turn though not a sharp one. I was in double mind & decided not to let this guy without pushing ahead of him. Wanted to take risk, okay great guns of Team-Bhp flashed in my mind & I kept in the right. Ohhhhhhhh NOOOoooooooooo, a Govt Bus was coming in the opposite side direction & I don’t have any reacting time. Applied the brakes fully in addition to the engine braking(thanks to TEAM-BHP) & managed to let the IKON pass me on the left. I cut the car once the Ikon passed me & it was a very very close call. My car got down from the road and went to hit the tree on the sideways. I don’t know what happened then.

I got fainted & the locals slapped jugs of water on my face to make me wake. I slowly woke up, damn I was in bed dreaming all these things.

Realized the power of TEAM-BHP

On the reality note, I drove the car not exceeding 90 kmph on both ways with no risk overtakes and racing stuff's. Believe practice makes me perfect one day to write my thrilling experience here

Last edited by Surprise : 12th April 2006 at 16:12.
Old 12th April 2006, 16:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice writeup. Good dramatic end in a typical filmi style
Old 12th April 2006, 16:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

LOL I got worried when I read about the accident but then the end made me laugh but yes its quite possible to get such dreams though I havent had one so far.

Nice write up
Old 12th April 2006, 16:45   #4
BHPian

Very interesting read and the filmi ending was too much. Luckily I read the post carefully as I was feeling sorry about a fellow BHPians accident & smashed up Swift ... luckily that part was fiction. I always feel bad hearing about accidents .. I feel its worse when its an accident to a car-enthusiasts car !

Even though triple digit speeds can be easily reached and maintained on ECR its safest to stay well under it because of the Vehicles/people/ cattle/dogs/cats that run across it. I used to speed on ECR & OMR on my trip to work & back but have resisted the temptation to race as I have seen too many accidents on that stretch.
Old 12th April 2006, 17:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey Surprise very good writeup and very creative. For once i thought it was all real.
Old 12th April 2006, 17:25   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I sleep on automotive thoughts every night (hope my fiance is not reading this!)

GTO
Old 12th April 2006, 20:50   #7
Team-BHP Support

Suprise,

A suprise indeed!!
I was thinking you had learnt all the wrong things from TBHP!

Glad it was a dream...more like a nightmare though.

The most common nightmare i have is that i am standing on the brakes but the car just shows NO signs of slowing down. Dippy? GTO? anyone?

cya
R
Old 12th April 2006, 21:03   #8
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan

The most common nightmare i have is that i am standing on the brakes but the car just shows NO signs of slowing down. Dippy? GTO? anyone?

cya
R
Yeah I remember... everyone was like Rehaaaaaan Braaaakesss!!!
Old 12th April 2006, 22:24   #9
BHPian

rehaan,
downshift!

surprise,
did you noted down the number of that govt. bus which didnot slowed down even after watching you in its lane?

[sorry, i have to use 2 smileys in this very post. can't avoid them as per the rules of the forum.]
Old 13th April 2006, 00:31   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Been twice in that situation. NO MORE! I'm planning to pack a parachute in your Accent's boot.
Old 13th April 2006, 10:49   #11
Bob
BHPian

hi Surprise

thank GOD you survive.

have one thing in mind when you overtake:

DO NOT OVERTAKE if the road ahead is not clearly visible, for example, near a bend or a hill. if the driver ahead of you has not yet signalled his agreement that you pass him.
If you cannot see for more than 150 metres ahead, because of a hill or curve or if the road is narrowing, avoid overtaking.

take care

thanx . . .BOB
Old 13th April 2006, 11:44   #12
BHPian

Hi,
I could relate to the Dream so much as i hv been in the same situation in Reality once(exept for the fainting).Gosh! none of you guys must go thru it.Sahe Driving.
Old 13th April 2006, 11:55   #13
Team-BHP Support

I guess you did not get the "dream" part
Old 13th April 2006, 13:08   #14
BHPian

Very true the dream sequence was definitely not there!

Most Viewed