Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2006, 19:20   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rajkumar dies and his fans run amok!!

May his soul rest in peace! But it seems he didnt do anything useful given how his death has made his fans go mad!
V1p3r was the first one to inform me that there are some non peaceful demonstrations happening in the city. I told satya with whom i was chatting on ym at that time. He asks me "why?" and i had no answer!!! Rajkumar died a natural death! wot reason could anyone have for violent protests??
Trust me i am a die hard fan of bangalore but lately its just gettin more n more difficult to love this city. *sigh*

Amitoj
PS: One good thing happened though.... tomorrow has been declared a holiday! I get to save one leave!!
Old 12th April 2006, 19:27   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Well there is always some action when the name Dr.Rajkumar is tossed up .. The last time he was kidnapped all schools were closed for almost a month .. This time he dies of a natural death and there are riots in all parts of the city ..

Its rather shocking to see how one cine actor could bring a whole city such as bangalore to a standstill .. Sad to see such state of affairs ..

May his soul rest in peace ..

PS : Now because of these morons my build gets delayed by another two days .. We miss out on practicals at coll tomorrow .. Tomorrow declared bundh .. How much loss for the nation ?? Absolutely pathetic ...

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 12th April 2006 at 19:29.
Old 12th April 2006, 19:41   #3
Team-BHP Support

Ok, I have always liked and respected Dr.Rajkumar. But I hate his rabid fans, they are the most uncivilised thugs you can find around Bangalore.

I am not kidding, recently when he was hospitalised, I was praying that he will have a long long life, hopefully outlive his fans, because we can't afford the damage that will be caused by his death, no matter how normal.
Old 12th April 2006, 19:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Looks like things are not much different in Karnataka - this is usual stuff in TN. I am not sure about A.P., but don't think any other state in India behaves the way people in TN and KA do when it comes to filmstars. It is pathetic, to say the least.
Old 12th April 2006, 19:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

I dont know much about Dr Rajkumar, Samurai... but there are two things that are confusing me a lot...
1. Was he really a Ph D or a med? Or was it an honorary title?
2. Did he do a lot of roadside romeo/angry young man/dada kinda roles?

I hope u help me understand this aspect of human psyche... coz am thoroughly clueless about this one...

SB> in case of KA, make that a singular... "filmstar"... not "filmstars"

Cheers
Amitoj

Last edited by amitoj : 12th April 2006 at 19:52.
Old 12th April 2006, 20:08   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
I dont know much about Dr Rajkumar, Samurai... but there are two things that are confusing me a lot...
1. Was he really a Ph D or a med? Or was it an honorary title?
Honorary, just like Jayalalithaaaa or MGR. However, he was a Dada Saheb Phalke award winner.

Quote:
2. Did he do a lot of roadside romeo/angry young man/dada kinda roles?
No really. He did really decent roles, his movies were mainly aimed at family crowd. He was a very good singer and yoga exponent too. He came from theatre background, a very modest and decent person unlike his sons or fans.

Quote:
SB> in case of KA, make that a singular... "filmstar"... not "filmstars"
Right on!
Old 12th April 2006, 20:16   #7
BHPian

Its an honorary title .
Dont think there were much movies with him in the mould of an angry young man, like AB.

I understand that his films reflected the rural youth and their character. Mostly the do-gooder attitude, with an immense appeal amongst the masses.

Well we will learn more in the next few hours.

May peace prevail.

-Haque
Old 12th April 2006, 20:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

The kind of roles he did, as mentioned by Samurai and Haque, seem to be very gentle roles. Any genuine fan of his would be trying to emulate the roles he played and would be the salt of the earth, right?
Then is it his sons who are more directly involved with these violent outbursts?

Amitoj
Old 12th April 2006, 20:24   #9
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

As i type this , some bloody ####### , good for nothing brats are hurtling stones at neighbours vehicles and my gate .. Wish i had a bazooka to shoot this good for nothing *******s down ..
Old 12th April 2006, 20:38   #10
BHPian

Happened to watch local news channels ( udaya/e-tv/amogh ). They had footage of the complete incidents in front of the Aditi office.

From what I could figure out, there were few folks who got worked up with the demise. And moreover the folks were prevented from having a glimpse of their star. Well the reverence he commanded amongst some folks is tremendous. You could hear some people who were unhappy with the arrangements for one reason or the other....

And as usual in such circumstances there are miscreants who want to utilise the opportunity in doing what best they can... This being a sensitive matter, I guess the forces are also apprehensive of their loyalty being questioned...

Hope the situation doesnt go out of control... Heard that additional forces have been requisitioned...
Old 12th April 2006, 20:40   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Then is it his sons who are more directly involved with these violent outbursts?

Amitoj

I dont think that the family has anything to do with what's happening on the street... They would probably need some time to come to terms with their loss...
Old 12th April 2006, 21:59   #12
Team-BHP Support

Dr.Rajkumar was the most respected individual in Karnataka, I don't think anybody would deny that. I would say most Kannada people who grew up in the 60s, 70s and 80s were his admirers. And he did not misuse his fame by joining politics despite heavy pressure. With his demise, he does leave a big void which won't be filled by anybody. Now if you ask who is the most respected person in Karnataka, I have no idea, no one even comes close.
Old 12th April 2006, 22:04   #13
BHPian

The void has been created, and is likely to remain so...

Though not on the same scale, I do notice quite a lot of respect and awe amongst the people for the current Lokayukta.
Old 12th April 2006, 22:16   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Now if you ask who is the most respected person in Karnataka, I have no idea, no one even comes close.
Narayan Murthy? I think he has done a lot for Karnataka. Bangalore atleast.
Old 12th April 2006, 22:34   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Narayan Murthy? I think he has done a lot for Karnataka. Bangalore atleast.
No, not really. IT/Business folks may like Murthy. But none of these people come to even 10% of the unconditional affection Dr.Rajkumar had earned, he cuts across every section of the population.

I just heard that police are firing tear-gas shells in Kantirava stadium to control the people who are trying to give their last respects, 15 policemen are hospitalised.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed