Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2019, 12:34   #46
BHPian

Re: The Branded Apparel Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Where to buy Levi's 550 relaxed fit or wrangler 9760 relaxed fit jeans in India? Any other Indian brand offer these cuts? Prefer heavy rugged denim that can take abuse and can be worn all year round in North India.
To be honest, next to impossible to get it in India , especially if you are looking at sizes such as 36*32, 36*34. I have been on wait list for couple of months now , that too in a place like Jayanagar, Bangalore.
Somehow, their stock planning is all awry and the best way is to request a friend returning from US /Canada to get a pair in case you are really need it quickly.
Old 2nd December 2019, 15:48   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
For chinos you can try Louis Philippe, no prominent logos/branding (quite subtle and small). I think other brands like Allen Solly, Van Heusen, Peter England also do not have prominent logos on the Chinos, but on T-shirts they do have the logo and it may sometimes be in a contrasting colour and hence may be easily visible but I don't think they scream for attention like some other brands
I would not recommend Peter England chinos since the quality of material is just OK. It is hard and not so flexible as well. Will be a bother for well built people. Allen Solly makes excellent chinos. Have not tried Louis Philippe.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 2nd December 2019 at 17:29. Reason: Text updated.
Old 2nd December 2019, 17:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I would not recommend Peter England chinos since the quality of material is just OK. It is hard and not so flexible as well. Will be a bother for well built people. Allen Solly makes excellent chinos. Have not tried Peter England
Colour Plus also makes very nice chinos. Have been wearing them for a while. They are lighweight, flexible and super soft, very comfortable to wear for extended hours. They are also priced fairly reasonably.
Old 3rd December 2019, 09:01   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Colour Plus also makes very nice chinos. Have been wearing them for a while. They are lighweight, flexible and super soft, very comfortable to wear for extended hours. They are also priced fairly reasonably.
That's good . Sounds like they suit my requirements well. I will purchase them when i need a new pair of chinos
Old 14th January 2020, 13:02   #50
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if there is a separate thread on formal/ tailored wear, so posting on this thread. I am looking for a formal/business suit tailor in Bangalore, specifically other than the usual suspects of PN Rao, Raymonds, Prestige, Reid and Taylor etc. The main two requirements are good fit and finish, and importantly, reasonable tailoring prices. From what I have seen, a tailored suit at the aforementioned places run into Rs. 20,000 and often well above this, whereas, I am looking for tailored suits within Rs. 10 k max, all inclusive (including material cost).

For this, the only solution seems to be local (non-big brand) tailors who are equally good craftsmen but change one third or one fourth of the tailoring charges levied by the big brand names.

Any suggestions? I am in south Bangalore (JP Nagar area) and hence suggestions in south Bangalore will be useful. Looking forward to recommendations.
Old 14th January 2020, 13:13   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for tailored suits within Rs. 10 k max, all inclusive (including material cost).

Any suggestions? I am in south Bangalore (JP Nagar area) and hence suggestions in south Bangalore will be useful
Agree with you. And for that budget (reasonable) will have to look at non-branded tailoring houses. I could have suggested our long time tailor, but he is in BLR West - may be 15km from JP nagar. Btw, I still go all the way from here when I need to get something stitched.

One suggestion - which ever tailor you pick, give him sufficient time and not hurry him.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd February 2020 at 10:56. Reason: Typo.
Old 23rd February 2020, 04:35   #52
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Any of the shirt brands that make odd sizes like 39, 41 etc ?
Years ago, most brands had them but now they've rationalised it to just even sizes, so are there any that still have them ?
Old 23rd February 2020, 06:06   #53
Senior - BHPian

Head to PN Rao, Elephant Rock Road in Jayanagar. Or Khanate (I think they have relocated somewhere in Jayanagar). These guys have a reputation spanning decades. Google up these two.
Quote:
I am looking for a formal/business suit tailor in Bangalore
Old 25th February 2020, 00:13   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Years ago, most brands had them but now they've rationalised it to just even sizes, so are there any that still have them ?
I believe Zodiac makes them. Check https://www.zodiaconline.com/

Also you can check out the slim fits of Arrow. For instance the 42 slim fit is almost the same fit as the 40 regular, but with a slightly bigger collar size. Perfect for those with a thick neck and who still need to wear a tie.

Happy shopping.
Old 25th February 2020, 00:49   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I picked up odd size shirts at Brand Factory from the John Miller and Daniel Hechter range. In fact, there was even a 60% discount on all clothes till Sunday, in Vashi, Navi Mumbai, making it quite reasonable.
Old 25th February 2020, 08:08   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check Marks and Spencers outlets either in 1 MG Mall or in Koramangala. I personally use size 39 form the M&S brand, so they definitely offer this size. Havent noticed 41, but that might be there as well.
Old 25th February 2020, 08:52   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Head to PN Rao, Elephant Rock Road in Jayanagar. Or Khanate (I think they have relocated somewhere in Jayanagar). These guys have a reputation spanning decades. Google up these two.
IIRC, Khanate is opposite to Vijaya PU college at the cool joint signal in 4th block Jayanagar.
Old 25th February 2020, 09:23   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Esprit, Gas, M&S, CK, TH.

Esprit has the biggest collection, at-least online followed by M&S.

For trousers / jeans too, Esprit has odd sizes available.
Old 21st November 2021, 14:51   #59
Senior - BHPian

GST on apparel, textiles and footwear up from 5% to 12%, effective January. (Link )

Sad sad development. Earlier, apparel pieces below Rs.1000/- were taxed at 5%, and those above 1k were taxed at 12%. That has now been withdrawn.

Further, even GST on fabrics/raw material for clothing has been increased from erstwhile 5% to 12%. This is a huge deal as COVID wrecked havoc for the apparel industry. Raw material prices had anyway jumped by >30% in just the last 6 months. This is apart from the escalated freight costs thanks to fuel prices.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 21st November 2021 at 14:56.
Old 27th November 2021, 12:02   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
GST on apparel, textiles and footwear up from 5% to 12%, effective January. (Link )

Sad sad development. Earlier, apparel pieces below Rs.1000/- were taxed at 5%, and those above 1k were taxed at 12%. That has now been.
From today’s Times of India. Credit and copyright to the newspaper and author.
Attached Thumbnails
The Branded Apparel Thread-422d81a8047d423e95b7973582b3e702.jpeg  

warrioraks is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks