Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 7th March 2019, 12:46   #961
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Official Car and Bike Videos Thread!

Found this stunning video on the 1968 Mercedes Benz 280 SE

An absolute treat to watch!

Maverick5490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2019, 23:34   #962
BHPian

Default I sat in a 450hp drift BMW!

Hello petrolhead BHPians!

Continuing posting about my European adventures from last year (yes still editing videos and still more to go), we go back to the Nurburgring where you saw me last flying in the Porsche GT3 RS (I did a taxi lap in a Porsche 911 GT3 RS on the Nürburgring).

This time though, I was on the other side at the short circuit which was used for Grand Prix racing some time ago. Co-incidentally that same weekend it was hosting a round of the Nurburgring Drift Cup.

Now this is the other side of cars that not many enthusiast appreciate. The machines here are aesthetically appalling with wires, bumpers, mirrors and other bits handing off them. But all that is for a reason, as all the money spend on these cars (which is quite a lot) goes underneath their skin.

While I was talking photos and filming there, I came across Thomas Highlander Grosse, a veteran motorsport professional who's been in the business for more than 35 years. Started off as an oval racing driver, these days Thomas makes drift cars for his clients and his team (THG). He was kind enough to agree to give me a taxi ride the next day in his personal drift car - A BMW E30 M3 with a 450hp V8 from an M5 shoehorned under its bonnet. Weighing just 1,050kg meant that there was enough muscle to break the rear tyres loose in literally every gear.

The next day, once again greeted by terrible weather, I met Thomas who lent me his spare suit. Soon we were off in his lightweight drift machine, and the rest was just the most epic experience I have ever had in a car!

More in the video below:
soulreaper_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2019, 20:14   #963
BHPian

Check out this successful 'jugaad' to prevent wheelspin.
arbaz906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2019, 17:00   #964
Team-BHP Support

Absolute babe of a car, and the cinematography in this video is sweet too:

Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote