Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2020, 11:12   #976
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Your favourite car video(s)

Interesting thread. I am a through and through TG fan, especially Clarkson's. These are 3 of my favourite clips ever from TG.

Mclaren f1 vs Skyline. I can only find a short clip, but I love this car, and the demonstration of power here. I think this one belongs/ed to Rowan Atkinson:

My favourite ever. Especially the music in the brake test
SLR:

Who doesn't love the invincible truck :
Hilux:
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 14:32   #977

Recently I have come across few POV videos of driving with minimal to no commentary. I loved them as they emphasize the driving feel.

https://www.youtube.com/c/windingroadmagazine

https://www.youtube.com/c/AutoTopnl

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHY...ho9ciFjizpL9kQ
Bagheera is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 17:06   #978
BHPian

Nice thread!

On TV I watch Discovery Turbo. They have really good shows. One can learn a lot of things from a technical point of view.

On Youtube, I follow:

1. The Fast Lane Car & The Fast Lane Truck.

Love the analysis of Nathan and Roman, which includes humour in between making it an interesting watch. Especially love their Off-road videos. The kind of depth they go into in offroading videos is brilliant. Show it from so many angles. Love it. Also, love their 0-60 tests!

2. Engineering Knowledge - This guy has some serious technical knowledge. Explains things very neatly.

3. Top Gear.

4. Winding Road Magazine.

5. The Topher.

6. Carwow - Like the humour and especially "5 things you are gonna and dislike" part, where he makes some unusual faces

7. KKC On A-MOTIVE: How can I miss this since its from our very own Distinguished BHPian Karan561.

I love the POV drives from 4 and 5. Especially Binaural audio ones. Pure engine sound! Powerful V6/V8 petrol engines from the US sound so raspy. They literally roar!

There are many others. Need to dig into my 'Subscriptions' list.
Mynameis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 20:29   #979
BHPian

Most of my favorite channels are here, but Harry's garage on YouTube is a must watch.
Old 31st July 2020, 21:55   #980
BHPian

Most of the videos that i keep going back to are POV driving videos or drift videos with music

The channels i follow on Youtube in no particular order are:

Hoonigan, AdamLz, Noriyaro, MonkyLondon, Car Throttle, Donut Media, many F1 related channels, D1GP, DMEC and Formula Drift related content, AdamC3046, Schaaf( bike videos) and many others can't post them all lol.

Also gotta mention Horsepower Cartel and Rusty Cashew, check out their channels for videos about the Indian car scene.

I'll share few cool videos below

The best drift video on the internet?^

If i had the cash, my garage would look similar to this, mostly old school JDM cars.

The Drift King hustling a 86 around Tsukuba

Wish we had roads like these here.

Above two Schumi videos hit me in the feels^ :(
Revmatch99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 22:09   #981
BHPian

One video that I always go back to watch

Old 16th October 2020, 15:28   #982
BHPian

Re: The Official Car and Bike Videos Thread!

Please do watch.
rohitoasis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 10:23   #983
BHPian

Drag Race: Porsche Cayenne Coupe vs AMG GLE 53 vs VW T-Roc

A VW T-Roc against a Porsche and an AMG, wow. The Porsche Cayenne coupe sports a turbocharged 3.0 liter V6 making 462 HP and 700 Nm, the AMG makes 435 HP and 520 NM and the T-Roc makes only 300 HP and 400 NM. But the result is surprising. A very enjoyable video for sure.
Mods : kindly repost as necessary. thanks

sparky@home is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 12:52   #984
Distinguished - BHPian

A video that once you see, makes yourself question your car love.
Is it for the social circle, to stay cool among friends, or the social media fame, do you have any business interests in cars, are you just fascinated by the machines, is it just to satisfy your DIY nature... or is it just the driving pleasure?

Kinda drives a wedge between the car culture of Instagram and a section of YouTube videos VS something like TeamBHP and the non-show offy section of YouTube.

Not to diss any form of car enthusiasm, I respect anything that's car related and makes people happy.
But still, from my personal observations:

The much lauded Mods own country modded vehicles from Kerala are well known in the forum. But couldn't help notice that the flood of lowered cars, wide wild body kits, lifted trucks et al came about just with the rise of social media. Like from early to mid 2010s. And most of the pioneers in bringing new trends would mostly be people connected with some aftermarket business concern.

Not just with social media influence. Having observed the car scene in Riyadh, feel that half of the car enthusiasts in GCC nations are succumbing to peer pressure. Either because cars are an integral part there or mostly since they don't have much of avenues as youngsters to express themselves or do, especially Saudi Arabia.

Whereas in India or any other place where car ownership isn't a given thing, pre-social media car nuts are legit car nuts who do it for their pleasure and not for social validation.

Like one of the comments said. "This video just makes one grab their keys and go for a solo drive."
DicKy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 16:36   #985
Team-BHP Support

Insider channel shows how movie car chases have evolved over the years - could have been more detailed, but a nice watch nevertheless.

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 18:43   #986
Senior - BHPian

Jumping a Lamborghini Urus over a matching Aventador

Quote:
They say sometimes it’s better to ask for forgiveness rather than permission. One fast-talking YouTuber has put that theory to the test with a pair of rarefied Raging Bulls and his wife-to-be, no less.

Michael Hyssong, the man behind the Street Speed 717 channel, has garnered a rep for nail-biting stunts that attract millions of views of YouTube, and, evidently, the occasional lawsuit. Hyssong is currently facing 18 counts for jumping his Ram TRX over a stream at the beginning of the year, though it appears that hasn’t deterred him. On the contrary, this latest stunt is arguably even riskier as it involves two six-figure Lamborghinis as well as his (blissfully unaware) fiancée.

In the 20-minute clip, Hyssong jumps a $218,000 Urus over a $400,000 Aventador. The 650 hp SUV that Hyssong uses to complete the jump actually belongs to his betrothed. During the video, Hyssong mentions he failed to ask if he could borrow her car, which was a risky move given the pending nuptials. The sacrificial V-12 supercar, meanwhile, was part of Hyssong’s personal fleet, and, thankfully, evaded being crushed by the 4,850 pound Urus.

To set up for the stunt, Hyssong constructed one of his signature homemade dirt ramps and “did basic calculations.” He also switched the Urus into Off-Road mode in order to lift the air suspension and give it more ground clearance. The V-8-powered beast, which was named Robb Report’s Car of the Year in 2019, clears the jump with just inches to spare, to the delight of Lambo lovers everywhere.
Source: https://robbreport.com/motors/cars/l...re-1234606617/
TrackDay is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 20:46   #987
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Jumping a Lamborghini Urus over a matching Aventador

Nothing to see here folks, unless you're feeding your hourly dopamine fix, this is the Mr.Beast of cars.

The views, likes and subscriptions on YouTube depend on shock value, out of the ordinary (sometimes manic) actions and rigged scenes by use of clever camera angles. Consider this his investment for the future of his channel, with which he can fund many more of such stunts and even afford to trash a couple of supercars in the process.

It's entertaining no doubt, and all cars are basically metal and glass, only separated by the buyer's bank account and risk appetite when going lower down the value chain so crashing/attempting to crash any car is about the same for me. That being said, certainly not what the crises of the world calls for today.
dark.knight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 11:01   #988

A Fast And Furious Style Bike police chase in Vietnam

Came across this high Adrenalin Police chasing a robber on busy and congested streets of Vietnam. A country with highest number bike riders, got to give credit to relentlessness pursuit and an equally determined robber.

Wonder if anything like this is possible with cops in India

Old 16th June 2021, 22:13   #989
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A Fast And Furious Style Bike police chase in Vietnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosphere View Post
. A country with highest number bike riders, got to give credit to relentlessness pursuit and an equally determined robber.

Wonder if anything like this is possible with cops in India
Now that's a determined cop.

Indian police? Maybe throw their lathis at the culprits and walkie talkie the next nakabandi?

Offtopic. Everytime I see the streets/roads of Vietnam, it is like a dystopian view to our future. If we develop fast enough, maybe we will convert to the traffic of Japan/HK/Korea/China. If we don't and continue the slow amble, the roads will be swarmed with 2 wheelers. Wait. South Kerala roads already are.
Old 1st November 2021, 13:18   #990
BHPian

If you are a Mustang fan, just plug in your earphones and enjoy this nirvana. I have lost count of how many times I have watched these videos.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks