Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2012, 15:01   #766
Team-BHP Support

Re: Please comment on this Porsche vid(physics guys).

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
This is an extract from the infamous Gumball 3000 series.

The camera car (Porsche TT guessing by the sound) goes out of control at the corner at 7:06.

My question:

Is this the notoriously talked about oversteer-sway-risk that one takes when a Porsche is purchased? Guessing by the location of the engine, this is not surprising.

But the car speed seemed too slow such a thing to have occurred, I am guessing the driver was not paying attention.

I guess this is the kind of stuff where the driven front two wheels really give the Lambos an edge.
Seems like an error in judgement. Porsche 911s are famous for under-steering mid-corner and then snap-over-steer when you come off the loud-pedal. By the way, I don't think it's a 911 Turbo (TT). From the video, it sounds like a naturally-aspirated 911.

Also, 911 Turbos have been equipped with AWD since the 993 type 911 arrived in the '90s.
Old 23rd September 2012, 17:14   #767
BANNED

Re: The Official Car and Bike Videos Thread! (Post all relevant vids here)

Thanks for the replies everyone!

How does one differentiate between oversteer and understeer. I am confused -- the under in understeer has connotations with less and inadequate. So I keep thinking of it as not following the apex since the car hasn't been steered sharp enough.
Old 26th September 2012, 18:00   #768
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
How does one differentiate between oversteer and understeer.
Here's a very old thread that should shed some light on it:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ckle-them.html

cya
R
Old 2nd October 2012, 23:10   #769
BHPian

Plain And Simple Showing Off

People very often show off and one of the most common objects of such are cars,I have done it myself(back when I was in my teens ) and I am sure most people do with theirs sometime(not that anything is wrong with it) but sometimes people take it to a whole another level and I am starting this thread for that.

I was going through youtube randomly and came across this,didn't know how to share it.Then the idea popped into my head why not TBHP forum.

Courtesy You Tube

Heres a fleet of
200 BMW 7 for the Wedding of HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco

is it me or does this really sound ludicrous?And someone had the job to replace the I Drive with Crown logo of the family.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd October 2012 at 15:17. Reason: Embedding youtube video
Kishan Shah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 00:34   #770
BHPian

I'd say its not at all ludicrous. This is because royal families have to invite high ranking guests from various countries many/most of whom are monarchs.
Now a king should travel in something that fits his status. Imagine how would it be if there were 200 Volkswagen passats or Skoda superbs ferrying the monarchs. That would no good to the reputation of the host, now would it?

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if there were 200 Rolls Royce phantoms but then RR is a handmade car and making 200 of them would've surely taken a few years.
Old 3rd October 2012, 00:44   #771
Senior - BHPian

Re: Plain And Simple Showing Off

I am not sure if its relevant here or not.
But a fat punjabi wedding was in the news about 12-24 months back.
At the "Milni" ceremony(Where relatives of brides and grooms greet eachother),i am not sure,was its groom's family or Bride's,each of the relatives were given a BMW 5 series.
Old 3rd October 2012, 08:40   #772
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

On one side there is the middle class morality and puritan in each of us that comes out in large red spots against such 'showing off'. If one is brutally honest with one's self, then one may detect some underlying notes of envy and jealousy even.

Personally I would say that if someone has the cash, then please go ahead and spend it.
However, do try and be graceful about it if possible.

But then, here we go again, because everything in this world is relative to one's circumstances. What may seem to us li,e showing off may be normal behaviour for the person indulging in the showing off!
Old 3rd October 2012, 09:26   #773
BANNED

Re: Plain And Simple Showing Off

Wait, so did this guy actually buy 200 7ers or were they rented for an occasion?

Monaco is so crammed, how could they even park them once the occasion is over?

I say let them do what they want, just think of it as more money in the world economy that hopefully trickles down in some form. LOL.

More than anything, isn't this their culture? 200 BMWs outside is ridiculous, but Monaco is everything but sane and rational. This is the bling capital of the world, their whole train of thought is different. These are the kind of people who spend a lakh on a meal. It's totally different over there, I guess.

But why the same? He could have alternated the 7, S, XJ, CFS, Phantom, A8 and Arnage.

I don't understand how BMW could have done this, this just beleaguers the 7 into some taxi cab. Now where's the prestige in owning one?
Old 16th October 2012, 12:52   #774
BHPian

The World's fastest Pram

Colin Furze is a plumber, stuntman and filmmaker from Stamford, England.
a right mix of wacky and crazy with a healthy dose of fearlessness he hold a coupleof weird world records.
having recently become a dad he decided to build the worlds fastest pram.

not sure where this thread would go so posting it here. all information is public accessible.

quotes from a news site:

<Colin Furze added a powerful engine to his silver metal pushchair, giving it an incredible top speed of 50mph.But the 33-year-old, from Stamford, Lincolnshire, says it’s too powerful to go at top speeds with baby son Jake.He spent four weeks and £450 designing and making the pushchair, which has a 125cc motorbike engine hidden between the wheels.Mr Furze uses an accelerator and brake levers to control the speed, gears to go up hills, and the handle to steer. “It is rather scary to drive but I’ve had lots of envious looks from mums and dads, especially when they are pushing their babies up hills>

Last edited by GTO : 16th October 2012 at 16:51. Reason: Embedding video into your post
Old 16th October 2012, 13:30   #775
BHPian

Re: worlds fastest pram

Luck baby - Jake !

Let 's expect that the boy gets more & more innovative rides in future from his dad.
Old 24th October 2012, 00:44   #776
Team-BHP Support

Gonna sneak this into the "car and bike" thread. Absolutely beautiful footage!

Watch in fullscreen + HD:

cya
R
Old 20th November 2012, 17:43   #777
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Crazy, mad, insane but sheer respect to this guy for the enthusiasm! Turbo-charged Volvo engine in a tractor. Just listen to it, boy can she sprint.

Old 20th November 2012, 18:15   #778
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Crazy, mad, insane but sheer respect to this guy for the enthusiasm! Turbo-charged Volvo engine in a tractor. Just listen to it, boy can she sprint.

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=pixNWRO1bxQ
Oh boy!
I am speecheless.
A tractor sprinting, drifting, and doing donuts.Never seen something this insane. Would love to have it as a daily drive, and take it to a few drag racing events
Old 20th November 2012, 19:21   #779
Team-BHP Support

Here is one very interesting video. Must watch!

Old 20th November 2012, 20:38   #780
Distinguished - BHPian

Check this out. Commercial coverage for cadillac from china.
Beautiful.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd November 2012 at 13:32. Reason: Embedding link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks