Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2010, 10:59   #1831
Senior - BHPian

Cement, if not mixed well, may crack in a matter of time . i think they are not showing the entire adv. they usually pour 5 bags of cement on her and she turns into a statue.

Last edited by Dippy : 4th March 2010 at 14:30. Reason: Removing offensive quote
Old 4th March 2010, 13:13   #1832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
The New Coke Ad where the Female hands over a imaginary coke bottle to the guy in a bus and then finally...
To me, it looks like the scaled down and desi version of a their ad, "Strange Love". Absolute plain and simple, no graphics, nothing.
Old 4th March 2010, 16:28   #1833
Senior - BHPian

Love the Honda ad that is shown on TV.
"If you're Happy and You know it" is such a familiar song and i love the way it is soooo disjointly jointed together!!
Old 4th March 2010, 16:54   #1834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Did you guys see the resent AD of Rin and Ariel. They are now fighting on the last category.

That is of Rin and Tide, Tide has filed a case it seems.

That JK Cement ad is plain stupid.
Old 4th March 2010, 22:57   #1835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
The worst ad I have seen off late is the HDFC life insurance.

Two friends sitting in a taxi, one is going out of town (Friend 1), the other (Friend 2) is accompanying him/dropping him to the station.

Friend 2: Have you taken everything, make sure you are not forgetting anything

Friend 1: Oh!, I forgot to give some money to my wife. (Takes out some money from purse) here, give this to your bhabi. (as if his wife is not having an account with enough money or he cannot transfer money online!!)

Friend 2: Will this much be sufficient?

Friend 1: Here, take some more.

Friend 2: What if you trip is extended will this be enough?

Friend 1: ...Thinking...

Friend 2: What if you don't return at all, will the money be enough for your family for the rest of your life!!!!!?????!!!!!?????? (Dost hai ki dushman!!!, waht kind of a question is this???)

HOW MUCH MORE STUPID CAN YOU GET?

HDFC Life Insurance... SAR UTHA KEY JIYO (Mera sar!)

I don't believe in the sur uthake jiyo slogans etc, but in my opinion, the ad is very direct and hard hitting. Very simple to understand for even a not so high in IQ person watching it. It just shows the need to provide a source of income to our loved one's in case of anything bad happens. The point was more to focus on the need for insurance. Yes he could have transferred online etc etc. but even then the point was more about what if something happens to him?

And if can remember properly, when Life insurance was new to India, people in small towns used to frown upon and use ..... language against the agents just because they bought the topic of death. . Now every one understands the need for such thing. So the person in the ad is not a dushman I believe.

Last edited by vamsi.kona : 4th March 2010 at 23:06.
Old 5th March 2010, 10:04   #1836
Senior - BHPian

I like the new Castrol FIFA world cup ad featuring John Abraham. I love football, that may be the reason :-)
Old 5th March 2010, 14:01   #1837
Senior - BHPian

The JK super cement ad is disgustingly stupid no doubt. But it has worked. It has become the talk of the town and that is exactly what the makers wanted.
Old 5th March 2010, 16:09   #1838
Senior - BHPian

JK cement has a significant share of wallet (IIRC) in North and West India and that is why they have clicked IMO.

As a viewer, the girl catches my concentration more than the brand, JK Cement. Have you seen GeePee Mobile's adv in newspapers? the female model can make the JK cement wala girl hide in shame.
Old 5th March 2010, 17:22   #1839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
JK cement has a significant share of wallet (IIRC) in North and West India and that is why they have clicked IMO.

As a viewer, the girl catches my concentration more than the brand, JK Cement. Have you seen GeePee Mobile's adv in newspapers? the female model can make the JK cement wala girl hide in shame.
People remember the advt and brand,so what if its because of that female. Thats exactly they want.
Old 5th March 2010, 17:32   #1840
Senior - BHPian

yes at the end of the day it is adv of a cement brand. true that people remember the brand and adv - that is what the girl in the adv is doing. JK cement has been selling their product long before the adv came on air.
Old 5th March 2010, 17:49   #1841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseled View Post
Has anyone seen the J.K. cement as where a girl in one piece comes out from the sea and is walking towards the camera and suddenly JK cement animation comes out from left hand side and the guys say " Isme kuchh khaas hai". It's so disgusting , my 7 year old cosin asked me "what does this girl has to do with cement".
the only person who can answer"whats khaas in that girl" would be the brand manager. My guess: might be the company owners contact - relative or GF.
Old 5th March 2010, 20:18   #1842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Love the Honda ad that is shown on TV.
"If you're Happy and You know it" is such a familiar song and i love the way it is soooo disjointly jointed together!!
YouTube - HONDA If you're happy and you know it
Really nice ad - I loved it! The CBR looks amazing and the guy dancing in the end is... well... awesome
Old 5th March 2010, 22:11   #1843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
People remember the advt and brand,so what if its because of that female. Thats exactly they want.
It is primarily because of the disgust over there being no connection between the ad and the product that people are banging their heads and have the brand on the tip of their tongue than the mere presence of that model.
It must be the other way around in case of the masses though.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 5th March 2010 at 22:13.
Old 6th March 2010, 18:40   #1844
BHPian

poor JK Lakshmi cement

I feel that the JK cement ad is one of the worst
but all volkswagen ads too take the cake there is nothing one feels after watching the ad
Old 6th March 2010, 22:26   #1845
BHPian

I too agree guys, the JK cements ADD is the worst. I dont't understand the relation between the girl and the tagline.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks