Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 22:53   #1891
Senior - BHPian

The Coke ad starring Imran Khan & Kalki Koelchin makes me wonder if there is a 'Youngsters Special' BEST bus! You can only see youngsters in there!

Last edited by Jayabusa : 29th March 2010 at 22:54.
Old 29th March 2010, 23:07   #1892
BHPian

i love that akshay kumar gaming phone ad . the way he laughs makes me also laugh . and also how he destroys the restaurant
Old 30th March 2010, 12:08   #1893
Senior - BHPian

I love the micromax ad starring Akshay Kumar. The way he giggles is fabulous kind of like me
Old 30th March 2010, 13:21   #1894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
i love that akshay kumar gaming phone ad . the way he laughs makes me also laugh . and also how he destroys the restaurant
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I love the micromax ad starring Akshay Kumar. The way he giggles is fabulous kind of like me
Oh god, there are people who like this ad.
Old 30th March 2010, 14:32   #1895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Oh god, there are people who like this ad.
Even I don't like those ads. I am actually amused that there are people who like Akshay Kumar!
Old 30th March 2010, 14:52   #1896
BHPian

The laugh on Akshay's face in that Micromax ad, it freaks the hell out of me. I run for the remote when i see that ad.
Old 30th March 2010, 17:29   #1897
Senior - BHPian

Worst ads are of fair and lovely. There is a dark woman who is not successful (implying that if you are a dark woman you are doomed) and then she applies the magic cream and presto!!!! Suddenly she is successful, is bagging big business deals, is giving cricket commentary and has men lining up at her door.
Its an insult to intelligence.

A close second is a whole category of ads: Creams and shampoos who have enough vitamins and proteins to wipe malnutrition off the face of earth.

For all the glamour glitz and money of ad world I really pity the guys who have to make such inane ads to make a living.
Well there is always a price to pay.

OT: There is a ad by a TMT bar maker (TMT bar=used in construction) in which a hot model in 2 piece bikini emerges out of sea. Then the name of the brand gets displayed. I fail to see the connection.
Old 30th March 2010, 18:42   #1898
BANNED

Who likes the Havells new ad.

Shock laga. Hilarious and the shock moves are awesome.

Its the one where the maid servant touches the man whois being electrocuted by a hairdryer and then his wife comes and thinks otherwise eventually the son comes and knocks out the hair dryer from his hand.
Old 30th March 2010, 18:50   #1899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
OT: There is a ad by a TMT bar maker (TMT bar=used in construction) in which a hot model in 2 piece bikini emerges out of sea. Then the name of the brand gets displayed. I fail to see the connection.
i think you are refering to the JK Cement advertisement That JK cement adv' is quite famous on this thread
Old 30th March 2010, 19:41   #1900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Worst ads are of fair and lovely. There is a dark woman who is not successful (implying that if you are a dark woman you are doomed) and then she applies the magic cream and presto!!!! Suddenly she is successful, is bagging big business deals, is giving cricket commentary and has men lining up at her door.
Its an insult to intelligence.
It is a well known fact that good looking people (both males and females) are more successful in life than average looking people. So there's nothing wrong if a good looking person is shown as successful. Life is not fair, intelligence is not always appreciated, but physical beauty always is.

The ridiculous part about these advertisements is that the same person is shown turning from average to beautiful by using a product, in a week's time.

Rohan
Old 30th March 2010, 19:49   #1901
BHPian

Beauty and intelligence are applicable under different context.

(e.g.) Assume I am MD of a company, If I am hiring a personal assistant/secretary (female), I would look for beauty

If I am looking for IT expert who would handle the business or sales, I would look at intelligence.
Old 30th March 2010, 20:44   #1902
Senior - BHPian

There is a series of advertisement of Pond's anti-aging cream.

I find these advertisements very offensive to men.

In these advertisements, it is shown as if men care about their wives only is she is looking pretty. Men are shown ignoring their wives initially and then shown showering extra affection to their wives after she uses this product and turns beautiful.

I agree that it is natural for men to be attracted to physical beauty, but a man's love for his wife does not diminish as she ages.

Rohan
Old 30th March 2010, 20:48   #1903
Senior - BHPian

The new LG Cookie adv. is really stupid, the one with John Abraham, Genelia and Abhay Deol. Selling off your new room mates stuff online is supposed to be funny. I just hate that ad.
Old 30th March 2010, 22:55   #1904
BHPian

Fairness ads are very poor reflection of our society . we obsessed with fair looks . even men for god sake .
celebrities should not endorse these things . bipasha has refused to sign for a fairness cream but John is doing that 'vishwas hai performance pe jo main measure kar saku " . cant she try to convince john not to do these ads
Old 31st March 2010, 10:50   #1905
Senior - BHPian

Out of all the mobile ads which are being aired during the IPL, I liked only the Spice dual memory card ad. It is hilarious and drives home the point.

All the other mobile ads are really dumb especially the Akshay Kumar & Viru-Gambhir ads

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks