Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 13:55   #1936
kkg
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
And the sad part is, Pepsi is targetting the youth with these ads - what do they think that youngsters in India these days are from Alibaug ?
May be yes. On one hand they increased the prices and will be doing it again i guess and on the other hand they are spending crores on these stupid ads.
With the summers approaching it would have been good to see the good old PEPSI ads with the prices remaining the same.
Old 7th April 2010, 16:28   #1937
BHPian

Has anybody seen that particular 'FROOTI' ad, where everybody makes the sucking and thumping noise

Yeah, but new Slice Mangola's ad (Rassiiiiyyyyaaaa) featuring Kat is bit OK. Benefit of doubt goes to KAT.
Old 7th April 2010, 16:33   #1938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
The most lame ad these days is the Pepsi Youngistan ad (again) - what a dumb question to ask the viewers --- " Haha yahi, wawa yahi, Pepsi peeyega toh bolega yahi " --- it is the most stupidly silliest question and Sanjay Dutt looks like a fool in that get up.
This has to be one of the worst advertisements ever made.

Coke's advertisements are much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
May be yes. On one hand they increased the prices and will be doing it again i guess and on the other hand they are spending crores on these stupid ads.
Even I feel the same way. Beyond a certain limit, advertisements don't seem to make any positive difference in the sales.

I would like to know who is the great brain who approves the budget of crores of rupees for selling a 10 rupee product.

Even more amusing are the advertisements worth crores of rupees to sell a 50 paise mint. Thankfully these are off air nowadays.

Rohan
Old 7th April 2010, 16:49   #1939
Senior - BHPian

The Genelia D'souza-Fanta ads are irritating. Must have been conceptualised for the South Indian markets where she is quite popular and later used for airing on national television. They are so louuud!

The Voltas sensible cooling ads with the kids symphony are endearing, especially the tune of the jingle.
Old 7th April 2010, 17:27   #1940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
The Genelia D'souza-Fanta ads are irritating. Must have been conceptualised for the South Indian markets where she is quite popular
Fanta must have hoped to use her popularity to popularise Fanta, but it looks like Genelia's popularity will take a beating after these irritating ads!
The ads would have been better off with some 10 year old kids acting in them!!
Old 7th April 2010, 18:09   #1941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Fanta must have hoped to use her popularity to popularise Fanta, but it looks like Genelia's popularity will take a beating after these irritating ads!
The ads would have been better off with some 10 year old kids acting in them!!
Rakhi Sawant could have been a better option for this AD, fanta sales would have skyrocketed because of the oomph attached to her
Old 7th April 2010, 18:36   #1942
Senior - BHPian

I love the latest Honda advert, oh boy the sound of the CBR sets my pulse racing
Old 7th April 2010, 20:48   #1943
Senior - BHPian

Hello to the all Bhpians. Welcome yourself to some of the favourite advartize of the myself. Keep the laughings.

Orbit White 'Cow'

Orbit White Cow TVC

Orbit White Grass Hopper

Orbit White 'Matrimonial'
Old 7th April 2010, 20:52   #1944
BHPian

The one ad that I find most irritating is the one for Cadbury Gems. The ad starts with a voiceover in a Bihari accent "Arrey bhai, yeh panda rangeen kyun hai?"

Don't understand which kid would be tempted to ask his/her parents to buy them Cadbury Gems after seeing a bunch of colorful pandas doing crazy things in a jungle.

Absolutely offtrack for the target consumer! Wonder which ad company made this rubbish ad. And, wonder how the Cadbury top management passed this?

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th April 2010 at 09:58. Reason: Please put your thoughts across using decent language. If the word shows up as *s, you probably shouldn't be using it! Thanks
Old 8th April 2010, 13:17   #1945
Senior - BHPian

OH yes They have made the normally cute & good looking Panda look ugly. The advert shows the lack of creativity by the Advertising agency.
Old 8th April 2010, 14:05   #1946
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
OH yes They have made the normally cute & good looking Panda look ugly. The advert shows the lack of creativity by the Advertising agency.
After the success of the Bingo ad campaign, many Cos tried to tread the path of weird, nonsense yet humorous advertising but have failed miserably.
Old 8th April 2010, 17:25   #1947
BHPian

I liked the Havells ad which has a guy with lot of hair cleaning house, while dancing and breaks a flower vase and looks apologetic , reminds me of my small cousin. Every time i see this i get a laugh instantly.
Old 9th April 2010, 13:53   #1948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdulRahmanM View Post
I liked the Havells ad which has a guy with lot of hair cleaning house, while dancing and breaks a flower vase and looks apologetic , reminds me of my small cousin. Every time i see this i get a laugh instantly.
That small guy is actually a kid.
IMO, this ad should be taken off air as it promotes child labor.
Old 10th April 2010, 08:52   #1949
BHPian

Anyone seen that Mazza Ad. A man made a house on Mango tree because he loves mango !!! What stupid.
Old 10th April 2010, 11:07   #1950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
That small guy is actually a kid.
IMO, this ad should be taken off air as it promotes child labor.
I am of the same opinion. Bad AD.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks