Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2010, 18:22   #2251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Did anyone see new VW Vento AD, it seemed funny to me with people crying, while the car rolls of the assembly line, and towards the last, a guy running after it and shouting," please take care of it\her".
This is one of the very noticably horrible ads I have seen. If they feel so sorry to see their cars delivered, why do they not just keep them for themselves? Atleast these adults will stop crying, only to start again when no salary comes in as no cars were sold. For a long time I could not stand Hindi movies of an era when there were these typical elderly ladies crying.
The ad did its purpose, it got my attention. But it did irritate me, it would not make me rush to buy their car.
If Volkswagen ran out of ideas, they should go around and find nice Beetles, Vans and portray them, that way enthusiasts could get something back.

But this ad, well it is horrible.

Cheers harit
Old 27th October 2010, 23:49   #2252
Senior - BHPian

I really liked the ad urging us to donated blood, showing a little girl suffering from Thalassemia. It's a very well made ad and the guy in the ad is the one who had appeared in the Tata Tea ad explaining the importance of voting.

I dislike those stupid fairness cream ads, but the recent one, in which a sportswoman(cycling) becomes the brand ambassador of some company after applying a fairness cream, shows the sad reality of sport the world-over.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 27th October 2010 at 23:55.
Old 1st November 2010, 17:32   #2253
BHPian

Who is the girl/lady in the new godrej add for their home electronic lock? Very hot
Old 1st November 2010, 23:16   #2254
BHPian

Coming from Tata, the Manza ad seems to be a rehash of the Tata Estate ad's concept. But good, otherwise.

I love the one for Nippon Paints. Good thing they did not make an Indian ad and just plonked the Japanese one instead. It clearly conveys where they are from.
Old 1st November 2010, 23:35   #2255
BHPian

ACT II popcorn ad

I searched for ACT II Popcorn ad in the forum but could not find reference to same, I liked the concept of this ad

A black screen with some lines (ref. below for lines) without sound appears on TV and definitely gains attention.

"Do you know why companies makes ad?"

Screen changes: "So that you can go to your microwave and make a bowl of ACT II popcorn without missing the program"
Old 2nd November 2010, 10:27   #2256
BANNED

Yup, that is one helluva punch line.

"why do they have commercial breaks?"

So that you can make a bowl of popcorn.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 2nd November 2010 at 10:32. Reason: fixed a typo
Old 2nd November 2010, 11:25   #2257
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
This is one of the very noticably horrible ads I have seen. If they feel so sorry to see their cars delivered, why do they not just keep them for themselves? Atleast these adults will stop crying, only to start again when no salary comes in as no cars were sold. For a long time I could not stand Hindi movies of an era when there were these typical elderly ladies crying.
The ad did its purpose, it got my attention. But it did irritate me, it would not make me rush to buy their car.
If Volkswagen ran out of ideas, they should go around and find nice Beetles, Vans and portray them, that way enthusiasts could get something back.

But this ad, well it is horrible.

Cheers harit
Has the same AD Agency made both this AD and the earlier, 'Our Engineers have tested it...' ADs? They seriously need to do some rethinking.

What the heck? Nowadays even the bride's mother doesn't cry, sending off her daughter after marriage!

It would have been a lot better if they showed something like, 'The passion and dedication the plant people have in building the cars and the pride they take when they see those cars on the road'
Old 2nd November 2010, 11:58   #2258
BHPian

I hate the MTS ad featuring Sameera Reddy and Yuvraj Singh. Sameera is using the MTS device to browse the internet and then sees that Yuvraj is struggling to catch the ball properly on the field. She walks up to him and puts the MTS device in his pocket and then he makes a super fast dive and catches the next ball that comes up to him. What a stupid ad. Grrrrrr.....
Old 2nd November 2010, 12:45   #2259
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I hate the MTS ad featuring Sameera Reddy and Yuvraj Singh.
Horrible concept, i must say!
Old 2nd November 2010, 13:40   #2260
Senior - BHPian

I like the new Vodafone delight ads. Very cute girl and genuine expressions on her face.
Old 2nd November 2010, 14:43   #2261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I hate the MTS ad featuring Sameera Reddy and Yuvraj Singh. Sameera is using the MTS device to browse the internet and then sees that Yuvraj is struggling to catch the ball properly on the field. She walks up to him and puts the MTS device in his pocket and then he makes a super fast dive and catches the next ball that comes up to him. What a stupid ad. Grrrrrr.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Horrible concept, i must say!
Fully agree with you guys. It's horrible. Add to that the sexual undelay, what with their faces coming closer in an instant(indicating a possible kiss), and butt-patting.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 2nd November 2010 at 14:44.
Old 3rd November 2010, 12:37   #2262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Fully agree with you guys. It's horrible. Add to that the sexual undelay, what with their faces coming closer in an instant(indicating a possible kiss), and butt-patting.
Sameera Reddy looks a little on the bigger side in that ad
Old 3rd November 2010, 13:54   #2263
Senior - BHPian

^^
You mean in the last shot, isnt it?
Old 4th November 2010, 16:25   #2264
Senior - BHPian

Here is the video of that MTS ad.

Old 4th November 2010, 23:45   #2265
BHPian

Worst ads : any ad at all, that interferes with a football match. In fact I make it a point to boycott any and all products promoted in such ads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks