Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2010, 00:41   #2296
Senior - BHPian

Nowadays, can anyone distinguish between Manforce and deodorant ads at first glance?(Pun intended)
Old 25th November 2010, 09:54   #2297
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Zen Estilo advertisement which shows 2 robots almost kissing - worst advertisement ever.

Rohan
Old 25th November 2010, 09:59   #2298
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone seen Ceat 2 Wheeler tyres Adverstisement?
Scary Ads,only if their tyres were that good.
but yes,the way they have portrayed the idiots,its sad but the truth of our roads.
Old 25th November 2010, 10:09   #2299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I quite like the new Titan ad, where in Aamir Khan comes across as an ordinary computer technician...Work is work! What a brilliant ad!
Yes, really a brilliant ad; IIRC, he featured for Innova as well as currently for Mahindra Stallion which are equally good for ad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Maruti Zen Estilo advertisement which shows 2 robots almost kissing - worst advertisement ever.
+1; I do not see any relation

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Has anyone seen Ceat 2 Wheeler tyres Adverstisement?
Scary Ads,only if their tyres were that good.
Yes, very scary; infact there're 2 of them...
1. Someone talking over mobile & simply crossing the road & yelling at the two-wheeler who brakes.
2. Husband & Wife riding a scooter at night & morons jumping the signal.

The second one is very scary, I've felt that ad depressing sometimes. But I'd really appreciate CEAT to have brought out the sad state.

PS - Is it CEAT or TVS? I'm confused now.
Old 25th November 2010, 10:35   #2300
BHPian

NDTV Good Times had a show last night at 8 pm where the top 10 ads from the 80s, 90s and early 00s were telecast. Brought back old memories. The ads back them were more innovative than the current day ads. The only sore point was the poor image quality back then.
Old 25th November 2010, 10:36   #2301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post

Rohan
Maruti normally makes intelligent ads. The Zen ad is probably the worst ad they have ever made.
Old 25th November 2010, 10:40   #2302
BHPian

Agree with the 'India drives home in a Maruti' hate the Estilo ad. Absolute junk.

Anyone seen the new Blackberry ad? I thought it was very well done! Strangely even my mom understood it.

P.S. She hates tech doesn't understand my music or my passion for wheels and gadgets *sigh*
Old 25th November 2010, 11:01   #2303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Yes, really a brilliant ad; IIRC, he featured for Innova as well as currently for Mahindra Stallion which are equally good for ad.

+1; I do not see any relation

Yes, very scary; infact there're 2 of them...
1. Someone talking over mobile & simply crossing the road & yelling at the two-wheeler who brakes.
2. Husband & Wife riding a scooter at night & morons jumping the signal.

The second one is very scary, I've felt that ad depressing sometimes. But I'd really appreciate CEAT to have brought out the sad state.

PS - Is it CEAT or TVS? I'm confused now.
Its Ceat,and there is a third one too,where a couple riding a bike,almost runs into a truck with iron bars protruding outside the truck.
Old 25th November 2010, 15:16   #2304
Senior - BHPian

I think this ad is the biggest example of Mental Insolvency (Dimaagi Diwaliyaapan). As per foreign and modern culture, pls glorify the things as loudly as possible which should be kept indoors. this is a GEM of such example.
Old 26th November 2010, 12:51   #2305
Senior - BHPian

while we are talking on ceat tyres, they have shown perfectly how the people on road behave.

Its time to see from others point of view too. Am posting 3 ads of theirs here

Old 26th November 2010, 13:51   #2306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
I think this ad is the biggest example of Mental Insolvency (Dimaagi Diwaliyaapan). As per foreign and modern culture, pls glorify the things as loudly as possible which should be kept indoors. this is a GEM of such example.
Which ad were you talking about bro? Did a video upload fail?
Old 27th November 2010, 13:21   #2307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
PS - Is it CEAT or TVS? I'm confused now
@argee - I think you are confusing with the dumb stupid ad by TVS where there are lots of graphics and a guy saves a little girl in front of a truck miraculously. Thats a rotten rotten ad by TVS (as always. Yet to see a good TVS ad in recent years except perhaps to some extent the scooty pep 'mud mud ke na dekh' ad). But this Ceat ad, though depressing like you said, still shows reality
Old 28th November 2010, 00:50   #2308
BHPian

Funny thing about the Blackberry ad is that they aren't even geared upwards multimedia per se...and the new Torch hasn't gotten great reviews either :(. The zen estillo ad with the robots is really dumb as well. I think overall the auto advertisements in India aren't great..I like the VW ads in the US and moreover in India, when they say "das auto" at the end, it sounds so somber. In the US, they actually say "that's das auto!" in a cheery voice. I think IPL time will bring out some more interesting ads
Old 28th November 2010, 02:36   #2309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
Saw an ad for Axis Bank Priority banking...horrible is the only word that comes to mind.
I feel like bang some heavy stuff on my LCD, and close my AXIS bank a/c when i see those sick ads they are running these days.

1). the man with loose motion can't go to bank, horrible
2). the one where the wife calls his Army Hubby and the withdraws cash and says "ab tum phone pey aane ke itne paise lete ho"
I can write a full page criticism of this ad.

what stupid storyline, did they asked their peons to do storyline for those ads
come on man, with being amount top 5 banks in India, they should be taking this seriously.
if they can't think of any good storyline, or they can't afford a expensive ad agency, throw a competition for cheaper and bunch of Ideas.
Old 29th November 2010, 13:35   #2310
Senior - BHPian

What do you guys think about the new airtel ad, specifically the new ringtone? My personal thought is that the previous jingle was much more better sounding and the new one is ok. I specifically am not a fan of the lyrics of the new ad (are they words? Which language?). The older one had much more emotion I feel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks