The Best & Worst Advertisements in India-img_0669.jpg
Old 21st September 2012, 07:26   #2942
Senior - BHPian

Re: The BEST & the WORST Advertisements on TV

I wish they just run off a cliff

Old 21st September 2012, 21:38   #2943
BHPian

The recent RITZ Ad can classified as a reasonably crappy Ad. The artificial acting and the stilted dialogue delivery!ugh! (Though I am a proud owner of RITZ)

Last edited by srikanthns : 21st September 2012 at 21:39. Reason: To add a justification
Old 23rd September 2012, 16:42   #2944
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Sunny Ads - these ads have got to be the WORST ads ever played on TV, not only pertaining to automobile ads but in general.

Usually, an advertisement should make you want to own that product. A viewer would place himself/herself in the place of the hero (as in movies) and try to find an appealing aspect. Look at this ad - will you ever do this in an elevator?

Next close contender is again, a Nissan Sunny ad - wife yelling to her husband that their neighbor has got a 'Caaaaar'. Instead of getting impressed by the product, I wanted to choke the actor

Last edited by clevermax : 23rd September 2012 at 16:44.
Old 1st October 2012, 19:08   #2945
Senior - BHPian

Is it me or other also feel that the latest Nokia Lumia Ad looks like more of Shahrukh Khan Ad than Nokia's. Till first half, we don't even know what is the product, then in the end the attention again shifts back to SRK.
Nothing going right for Nokia nowadays.
Old 1st October 2012, 22:22   #2946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Is it me or other also feel that the latest Nokia Lumia Ad looks like more of Shahrukh Khan Ad than Nokia's. Till first half, we don't even know what is the product, then in the end the attention again shifts back to SRK.
Nothing going right for Nokia nowadays.
Another of SRK's Ad with Saif, the new Royal stag ad.
The first 4-5 stuff they talk about 'Mai sota nahi' 'mai rukhta nahi' etc etc, thought they are stating the ill effects of Alcohol, Finally
Old 3rd October 2012, 00:30   #2947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Nissan Sunny Ads - these ads have got to be the WORST ads ever played on TV, not only pertaining to automobile ads but in general.

Next close contender is again, a Nissan Sunny ad - wife yelling to her husband that their neighbor has got a 'Caaaaar'. Instead of getting impressed by the product, I wanted to choke the actor
Actually advertisements are not just to make you own the product , they drill it into your head that nissan sunny is spacious and the next time you want to check out the cars ,you will be tempted to go take at the caaaaaar. Even my kid now sees nissan sunny and says there goes the caaaaaar . Thats the power of advertisements , branding.
Old 3rd October 2012, 09:04   #2948
BHPian

One of the better ads on TV these days is the Reliance Family Plan Offer ad with Anoushka: she is not overacting this time.

The worst ones right now are the Fasttrack accessories ads, gosh, they must go off air.
Old 3rd October 2012, 13:33   #2949
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
Actually advertisements are not just to make you own the product , they drill it into your head that nissan sunny is spacious and the next time you want to check out the cars ,you will be tempted to go take at the caaaaaar. Even my kid now sees nissan sunny and says there goes the caaaaaar . Thats the power of advertisements , branding.
Ok, the 'Caaaar' may get drilled down in to viewer's mind. But it is so very irritating to stand those 15 seconds of the ad - especially the elevator shot and the wife standing on the balcony saying something which has 'bought a Caaaaar' in it. Worst advertisements still.

I don't go by the ads, when I check out a product. I study the specifications, use the product if possible, (test drive) and take real owner's opinions. Going by the 'caaaar' yelling is not a good way to choose that product at all!

The ad is leveraging mostly on Indians' desire for 'dicky' equipped bigger cars so that they can show it off to friends and relatives.
Old 3rd October 2012, 13:52   #2950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
The ad is leveraging mostly on Indians' desire for 'dicky' equipped bigger cars so that they can show it off to friends and relatives.
Whatever you and I feel doesn't matter much.
If you just look from the perspective of Ad agency, I feel they have done a really great job.
In the beginning I was more annoyed but following the success of the caaaar,
I realised that this ad has done a great job in attracting the customers.

I seriously wish if Fiat can come up with any Ad like this which could turn around their fortune. Their Ads were nonetheless brilliant but targeted at educated urban clientele and failed to connect with masses. Remember car thief at basement ad and recent ad that was shot under water.
Old 3rd October 2012, 13:56   #2951
BHPian

Watch this cinthol ad amazing , i just loved it.

Old 3rd October 2012, 13:59   #2952
Senior - BHPian

Off late the most irritating ad's i've come across are the Samsung Galaxy (where the young girl is recording herself crooning for some indian idol contest of sorts) and of course, the Mahindra Verito ad which is totally What was mahindra's creative team thinking when they conceptualized this ad?
Old 3rd October 2012, 14:02   #2953
BHPian

Quote:
Very true.
A similar recent example is the ROMA switches campaign. It's an irritating ad, but drills home the point into our head, that Roma sells an extremely large number of switches every year without proclaiming the same via bullet points or me too voiceovers.
Old 3rd October 2012, 14:06   #2954
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher
Whatever you and I feel doesn't matter much.--------------SNIP ---------------- ad and recent ad that was shot under water.
plus, a good one doesn't necessarily mean good sales.
Remember the corsa sail adverts?
Old 3rd October 2012, 14:07   #2955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whatever you and I feel doesn't matter much.
If you just look from the perspective of Ad agency, I feel they have done a really great job.

I seriously wish if Fiat can come up with any Ad like this which could turn around their fortune. Their Ads were nonetheless brilliant but targeted at educated urban clientele and failed to connect with masses. Remember car thief at basement ad and recent ad that was shot under water.
Yeah, they have done a great job in exploiting the false pride people have in buying bigger cars than their neighbors'. The buyers in most cases will not look at other factors but except price, fuel type and whether it comes with a dicky or not.

OT: Fiat, even with a catchy ad (to typical Indian car buyer) is not going to sell in big numbers, we all know that :-) Forget it, I'm sure you must be enjoying the Italian opera way more than a 'Caaaar' user!

Most Viewed