Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2013, 23:38   #3031
Senior - BHPian

Re: The BEST & the WORST Advertisements on TV

The new Vento ad with bickering wife is so pathetic! Even those who don't care about VW or cars in general hate it. Who thought bickering irritating idiotic wife who shouts and blames her husband for his planned surprise would make a good advertisement concept that the buyer will connect to? Hate it to the core.

And love the Mahindra ad. I especially liked that Yellow modded jeep front shot wading through mud. What vehicle is that?
Old 28th January 2013, 07:45   #3032
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post

And love the Mahindra ad. I especially liked that Yellow modded jeep front shot wading through mud. What vehicle is that?
I think it's the invader concept they were pitching quite a while back. Auto India ran a report on them, there were two. I was also surprised to see it, since if it's the same one, they would have had to really go to w work clearing the cobwebs on that.
Old 28th January 2013, 09:49   #3033
BHPian

Quote:
The new Vento ad with bickering wife is so pathetic! Even those who don't care about VW or cars in general hate it. Who thought bickering irritating idiotic wife who shouts and blames her husband for his planned surprise would make a good advertisement concept that the buyer will connect to? Hate it to the core.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I think it's the invader concept they were pitching quite a while back. Auto India ran a report on them, there were two. I was also surprised to see it, since if it's the same one, they would have had to really go to w work clearing the cobwebs on that.
It is either Bolero Attitute or either of the Bolero Stinger variants (1&2). Now don't blame me if you delay your work deliverables to check every vehicle on this website of Mahindra customization.

http://www.mahindra-customisation.com/

On the other hand, I got the live young, live free ringtone and can't wait for my phone to ring.

Last edited by GTO : 29th January 2013 at 13:08. Reason: Correcting typo
Old 29th January 2013, 09:43   #3034
Senior - BHPian

Love the new M&M ad. The jingle and the shots, especially the Thar ones, are amazing. If you own a M&M vehicle, the ad will surely make you feel very good indeed. Nice one Mahindra!

Edit: I think the beat is inspired by Pretty Lights.

Last edited by deetjohn : 29th January 2013 at 09:46. Reason: Adding text.
Old 29th January 2013, 10:23   #3035
BHPian

Here is a cute ad by VW!
Old 29th January 2013, 17:59   #3036
BHPian

Anyone has a good quality mp3 file of the Live Young, Live Free track?? Would be much appreciated.
Old 29th January 2013, 17:59   #3037
BHPian

Has anyone seen the Meritnation ad? I find it outrageous. How can one make the child a trophy for parent's vanity? Concepts like these should never be promoted.

Quote:

I think they are trying to suggest to the husbands that if you have a bickering wife, our car allows you to take her to an obscure location. What you do after that is purely your choice. Jokes apart, it is a very irritating ad but I am not surprised as this the same team that made all news papers vibrate (Oops, Shiver).

Mahindra Ad is fantastic
Old 30th January 2013, 12:03   #3038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Has anyone seen the Meritnation ad? I find it outrageous. How can one make the child a trophy for parent's vanity? Concepts like these should never be promoted.

I just came searching for this thread to post about this very same annoying ad, and not surprised its already here!
Yes, annoying concept, sends out a totally wrong message about education too. Parents encouraging and thus suffocating their kids to score more and more, is a very wrong concept!

Last edited by bblost : 30th January 2013 at 12:07. Reason: removed embedded video.
Old 30th January 2013, 15:39   #3039
Team-BHP Support

Am I the only one who doesn't like the Cadbury chocolate ads (the Dairy Milk ones)?

I understand people love their chocolates (myself included), but the kind of messy eating in those ads makes me feel like never eating one again.
Old 30th January 2013, 16:02   #3040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't like the Cadbury chocolate ads (the Dairy Milk ones)?

I understand people love their chocolates (myself included), but the kind of messy eating in those ads makes me feel like never eating one again.
My dad finds that ad particularly disgusting and automatically changes the channel when that ad comes on. I personally don't find it so bad though. Yes it is messy and does not look good, but the point of the ad is made really effectively if you ask me.
Old 2nd February 2013, 05:31   #3041
BHPian

Some auto ads for sunday's super bowl 2013
- VW
- Audi
- Fiat Abarth, my fav one
and of course
- MB

Last edited by mazda4life : 2nd February 2013 at 05:40. Reason: forgot to add the grand daddy
Old 2nd February 2013, 06:29   #3042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
Some auto ads for sunday's super bowl 2013
Its the Chrysler superbowl commercial that i am waiting for. They have managed to hit it out the park consistently with their superbowl commercials
2012: A full two minute commercial that does not shove its brand into your face

Eminem in 2011:

Challenger (it says 2013 but i dont think so. I have seen this ad long back):

And last but not the least, Charger 2010

Cheers
Amitoj
PS: Not a superbowl ad, but still nice

"Leader of the human resistance" LOL

Last edited by amitoj : 2nd February 2013 at 06:33.
Old 3rd February 2013, 22:21   #3043
BHPian

Creative car commercials

Here are 23 commercials released for Super Bowl. The link is from cnet. Some of them are really funny.

http://reviews.cnet.com/2300-10863_7-10015599.html
Old 4th February 2013, 20:51   #3044
Senior - BHPian

Here are the two superbowl commercials from Chrysler:
Jeep commercial starring Oprah Winfry and paying a homage to the soldiers. Laid it on rather thick, if you ask me.

Ram trucks ad featuring legendary radio broadcaster Paul Harvey

I liked the narration. But have to say that this year's Chrysler superbowl commercials left me... underwhelmed.
Old 5th February 2013, 01:31   #3045
BHPian

@amitoj
loved the Chrysler Jeep commercial, really hit home for me. Im sorry, but i am unbashedly patriotic . The Ram commercial was whatever, i am not the target demographic. I liked all the Hyundai commercials as well.

Last edited by CaliAtenza : 5th February 2013 at 01:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks