Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2013, 14:39   #3076
Senior - BHPian

Re: The BEST & the WORST Advertisements on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC77 View Post
This is too good

here's the sequel

Last edited by IronH4WK : 18th March 2013 at 14:40.
Old 19th March 2013, 18:41   #3077
Senior - BHPian

What's with the Airtel 'Bill kya tera papa dega' ad? I find it very rude and obnoxious. Hope there is some happy sequence to this one. Also, must give prize to the person who thinks playing the same ad back to back twice makes it more interesting.
Old 20th March 2013, 22:30   #3078
Senior - BHPian

There will always be some ads which you'll just hate from the very first view.

Earlier it was "blah blah blah blah has got a Caaaaaaaaaaaaar!!" for me.

Now it is this one. Just hate this ad to the core.

Very irritating the way that kid talks. If this is how they talk in English in the region where this is made, it is pathetic.

Last edited by clevermax : 20th March 2013 at 22:31.
Old 20th March 2013, 23:57   #3079
Distinguished - BHPian

The kuoni ad, where this guy is off for a holiday. One, it's hilarious.
And two, it is so true!! That last day at work before going for a long holiday, it's a fantastic feeling!
Old 21st March 2013, 00:04   #3080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
What's with the Airtel 'Bill kya tera papa dega' ad? I find it very rude and obnoxious. Hope there is some happy sequence to this one. Also, must give prize to the person who thinks playing the same ad back to back twice makes it more interesting.
Kids around that age will like that idea which is why that kind of ad though I agree to your point. The look on that guy's face is priceless though.

Can anyone translate the Tata Sky 2nd connection ad where that fat geek asks his wife/gf to get a haircut ? What does she say when he shows the magazine ? and what does she say when she comes back ?
Old 21st March 2013, 02:32   #3081
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Kids around that age will like that idea which is why that kind of ad though I agree to your point. The look on that guy's face is priceless though.

Can anyone translate the Tata Sky 2nd connection ad where that fat geek asks his wife/gf to get a haircut ? What does she say when he shows the magazine ? and what does she say when she comes back ?
She says, "Tumhara gala kaant doon?" i.e. "Shall I cut your throat (instead of cutting the hair so sort)?"
She doesn't say anything after she comes back. It's the background voice that says, "Poochne mein kya jaata hai" i.e. "what is the harm in asking".
Old 21st March 2013, 15:54   #3082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
She says, "Tumhara gala kaant doon?" i.e. "Shall I cut your throat (instead of cutting the hair so sort)?"
She doesn't say anything after she comes back. It's the background voice that says, "Poochne mein kya jaata hai" i.e. "what is the harm in asking".
Thanks Kaushik. Cannot understand the relevance to a 2nd connection unless she is the second wife for him. Then
Old 21st March 2013, 23:41   #3083
kkg
BHPian

The latest thums up featuring Salman Khan is very stupid. I mean he goes to this departmental store where the owner says he has none of it coz the truck is stuck in the jam.

Being such a humble and good guy that he is, he gets a chopper, goes to the traffic jam on the bridge but doesn't take his drink there instead he brings the whole truck to the departmental store. I mean how dumb can be the ad makers can be??
Old 22nd March 2013, 00:13   #3084
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
The latest thums up featuring Salman Khan is very stupid. I mean he goes to this departmental store where the owner says he has none of it coz the truck is stuck in the jam.

Being such a humble and good guy that he is, he gets a chopper, goes to the traffic jam on the bridge but doesn't take his drink there instead he brings the whole truck to the departmental store. I mean how dumb can be the ad makers can be??
Let me ruin this further for you.
Doesn't the "aaj kuchh toofani karte hain " theme song sound like a dandiya song? Play it in your head, you'll see.
Old 28th March 2013, 09:12   #3085
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Finally, men being portrayed in positive light.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
i was gonna put it here! this is one heck of an ad! beautiful conception and matches the product!

kudos!
Quote:
Originally Posted by naut View Post
Awesome ad there. Thanks for sharing Biraj!
Sorry to say, but I found the ad quite derogatory to the male fraternity. Its the equivalent of saying all men are born perverts, but there is hope that some turn out to be nice guys. The message is sarcastically derogatory and pessimistic about men, and I demand it to be taken off air . Perhaps the only good thing about the ad is the song tune. "Jo Zimmedaari nibhaate hain, jataate nahin" - so basically most men are irresponsible and run away from their family duties, but for a few. And for these few (reponsible) men, ICICI life insurance is a good product. Really sad theme in my opinion, if I look at the way they have portrayed it.

And what exactly do they mean by "Par bande acche hain"?? Directly translates to "But (fortunately) this guy turned out to be good"

Had a similar ad come out with a women-oriented theme, the zillions of mahila organizations would have created a big protest scene and got it stopped from being aired *lol*

Last edited by KarthikK : 28th March 2013 at 09:36.
Old 28th March 2013, 11:31   #3086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Sorry to say, but I found the ad quite derogatory to the male fraternity.
And what exactly do they mean by "Par bande acche hain"?? Directly translates to "But (fortunately) this guy turned out to be good"
no! it translates to but the guys are good.

the ad is kinda shown from a woman's perspective where maybe they feel their men are forgetful, lazy and irresponsible, but as a third person we see that actually the guys are not like that. for example, when the wife bends down to pick up the towel, the guy pushes the drawer in so that she doesn't hit her head when she gets up; but the wife doesn't see this. we do. the moral of the story is we might be forgetful or lazy, but we're always there for you! and that's what ICICI Prudential thingy is.. it's there for you

its all in your mind bro! you need to whooosah or something
Old 28th March 2013, 11:47   #3087
BHPian

Just when I thought there couldn't be anything worse than this

I stumbled upon this

Someone kill me
Old 28th March 2013, 12:08   #3088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Let me ruin this further for you.
Doesn't the "aaj kuchh toofani karte hain " theme song sound like a dandiya song? Play it in your head, you'll see.
Dude, you had me in splits. Now am unable to recall how does the whole theme of lifting a truck fits to that song!
Old 28th March 2013, 22:58   #3089
BHPian

The facial expressions in this advertisement are excellent.Love to watch this advt again and again.

Last edited by richie4u : 28th March 2013 at 23:01.
Old 29th March 2013, 10:55   #3090
BHPian

Not sure if this was posted earlier.

Good one from Hindu newspaper

Most Viewed