Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2015, 09:46   #3406

re: The Best & Worst Advertisements on TV

Did any one check out the Johnny Depp Dior Ad ? What the heck is going on in that. Was not able to understand the flow of the whole ad.

Have a look.

Old 8th September 2015, 09:49   #3407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Things like 3G & 4G are priced exorbitantly and result in much greater profits to despotic entities like Airtel. Their arrogance and lack of ethics takes 2nd place to none. Unfortunately the subscribers do not understand that.
On the contrary I think many subscribers know Airtel very well. It is just that the choices out there are akin to jumping from the frying pan on to the fire.

Just a couple of months ago, my son turned on mobile data on a new Android phone and Airtel charged us ₹1,700 for 2G data download. If it was 3G, it would have cost around ₹100, but Airtel said we didn't subscribe to 3G explicitly, so they charged for 2G even though they billed us for some 3G data as well.

Every few months, I scour the net for an Airtel alternative. So far I have only got Vodaphone which seems to be even worse than Airtel.

I am waiting for my 1 year subscription of Airtel DTH to get over so that I can shift to Videocon.
Old 26th September 2015, 09:28   #3408
BHPian

The BEST & WORST Advertisements on TV

Though this one is not on TV. But is truly remarkable. Must be watched on a laptop, type r to watch the night mode.
Old 9th October 2015, 19:23   #3409
BHPian

The recent iPhone Ads on FM radio looks like it was created by kids. In tamil, it starts with an excited girl saying "its coming, its coming..." I am not sure if it was originally created in some other language and dubbed into Tamil or if it was created the same way across. I am sure apple is capable of getting more creative than this, else a real shame to its brand!!
Old 20th November 2015, 09:26   #3410
Distinguished - BHPian

There are a few gems (examples) of exactly what's wrong with Indian adverts, now they have gotten so bad that they are comparable to trolling/spamming. Just by repeating the adverts 100 times an hour & using some irritating Qawwali or Rajasthani folk songs does not a good ad make.

Worst Ads presently :

Airtel 50% cashback on night usage of data (Don't waste time sleeping!!!! Use internet and get 50% back in the morning!!!)

Amazon : Ek baar Amazon try toh kar (repeated 500 times). My answer : Nahi karna, ab toh bilkul bhi nahi.

Star Plus HD : Dabba hai dabba kal ka t.v dabba (t.v is a useless box without HD channels). My answer : I'm happy with my dabba tv even though it's HD enabled. I don't need HD channels to see dabba ads in 1080p no thanks.

Are all the creative people/ad makers of India of simian mindset? Whatever happened to sophistication?
Old 20th November 2015, 10:31   #3411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
There are a few gems (examples) of exactly what's wrong with Indian adverts, now they have gotten so bad that they are comparable to trolling/spamming. Just by repeating the adverts 100 times an hour & using some irritating Qawwali or Rajasthani folk songs does not a good ad make.

Worst Ads presently :

Amazon : Ek baar Amazon try toh kar (repeated 500 times). My answer : Nahi karna, ab toh bilkul bhi nahi.

Are all the creative people/ad makers of India of simian mindset? Whatever happened to sophistication?
Have you seen the Amazon Kindle ad? Miles apart i thought when compared to their 500 times repeating ads.

And the phone buyer gets confident about buying from amazon because a bus conductor tells him?
Old 20th November 2015, 10:33   #3412
Team-BHP Support

Amul Macho's new ad with Saif Ali Khan and the mannequin dancing on the stage. Damn, how do these folks even come up with such lovely ideas?!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th November 2015 at 10:35.
Old 20th November 2015, 12:47   #3413
Senior - BHPian

The i20 ad is back again I guess. What a nonsensical ad. Their marketing division or outsourced ad agency really sucks!!! I can't infact remember one good Hyundai ad
Old 20th November 2015, 13:41   #3414
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
The i20 ad is back again I guess. What a nonsensical ad. Their marketing division or outsourced ad agency really sucks!!! I can't infact remember one good Hyundai ad
Thought it was gone for good but its back. Totally agree on the above. They are just next to HeroHonda when making pathetic ads.

Another dumb ad coming these days is the MRF Wanderer ad. How do these ads get approved and paid for?
Old 25th December 2015, 13:16   #3415
BHPian

Just happened to see this ad, its really wonderful

Old 26th December 2015, 23:52   #3416
Zed
BHPian

Jaguar also produces memorable ad's ! Mods, please delete if this has been posted earlier in this thread. The first part is the original Daimler ad followed by JLR's response

Last edited by Zed : 26th December 2015 at 23:53.
Old 27th December 2015, 14:41   #3417
BHPian

Can someone explain the below. All the Fogg deo ads are mind numbing dumb!
Old 28th December 2015, 11:35   #3418
Distinguished - BHPian

I generally avoided all the debates of net neutrality or.org ever since they began so maybe I don't know what each side represents completely, all I understand is that the internet was just as it was supposed to be a few years back.. a free forum where the only chargeable aspect is the monthly subscription which is further dependent on speed/data limit. This worked well and is still working as people can either sacrifice speed or volume of internet usage to suit their budget.

With all the irritating .org adverts all over t.v and internet I cannot help but look into logic again. How can they seek support or approval without people not having experienced .org or its side effects yet? Why are they photographing/videotaping people of modest background and claiming the internet will save them from their current circumstances? More importantly HOW can anything free which is proposed to be available to every single person world over, continue to be free? We all know how FB and the internet in general operate > make it affordable > market it day & night > ensure increase of usage consistently > market it even more > increase rates > repeat process all over.

How about a new movement? Internet.ban. Enough of tear-jerking ads by Idea about internet sharing, enough of thiskart/thatkart ads and enough of looking at the internet as the next messiah which will put an end to all worries on earth. This is propaganda of a massive scale.

Last edited by dark.knight : 28th December 2015 at 11:37.
Old 17th January 2016, 17:49   #3419
GTO
Team-BHP Support

This one is funny + brilliant! Perfect choice of music, actors & expressions

Old 21st January 2016, 17:29   #3420
Senior - BHPian

Have you guys noticed the recent Rajasthan tourism ads. Its simply good and the music at the end is very nice to hear.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 21st January 2016 at 17:34.

Most Viewed