Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2008, 23:27   #511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Motorhead, someone named F50 has posted the link on page 32, post 479. To download, search it on google you will get it. I have a 31 secs of it which is currently my ringtone.
Thanks for the Info F50.

I tried searching for the song with the keywords u mentioned but was not able to get any way nearer to the song.

As some one had already mentioned maybe its a jingle made specially for vodafone. If that is a case then i (and i can bet many others too) have to settle with the one minute song.

In case anyone has the link to the full song(if at all it exists) then please post here....

Thanks in advance.
Old 28th April 2008, 23:59   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
anyone seen the Getz Prime ad - now with beige interiors one ?
Looks like they have made a video out of images and one small exterior video. Looks like they used Windows Movie Maker
Old 29th April 2008, 09:51   #513
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Looks like they used Windows Movie Maker
I had the same feeling as well. Such a cheap ad!
Old 30th April 2008, 19:11   #514
Senior - BHPian

Just love the new Vodafone ad. Well trained pug and awesome direction.

The new LIC ad where many people help keep the paper boat moving is so amateur...too bad.
Old 30th April 2008, 19:40   #515
Senior - BHPian

I love the Ray Ban sunglasses advts.

The old ones which were inspired by the movie Top Gun (fighter plane pilot's wearing Ray Ban's) was cool.

The new advt has a catcy rock number playing in the background where a guy jumps off a bridge with a bungee cord tied to his feet etc. Love that music. Just not able to place which song/artist it is.
Old 30th April 2008, 19:48   #516
Senior - BHPian

Nowadays i started hating the vodafone ads. They are overdoing it. Too much of something spoils you and this is whats happening. Every ad spot on tv has the dog running around!!!
Old 30th April 2008, 22:10   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Every ad spot on tv has the dog running around!!!
Quite true. I guess they should nt play it so often. But since the song is good few of them wont mind.
Old 1st May 2008, 18:52   #518
BHPian

It seems the pooch has been made to run a little too much

Animal welfare board notice to Vodafone over pug ad-Flora & Fauna-Earth-The Times of India
Old 1st May 2008, 19:43   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
The article cracked me up !! Specially this -
Quote:
The dog was made to run, gallop and chase the school van for a long time on a public road. Thereby, the dog was made to undergo severe pain and suffering due to the exhaustion caused by chasing (the bus)."
how did they feel that the pug was in pain ? The expression on the pug's face ?

And what about all the stray dogs who keep chasing cars / cyclists / people all day ? They do not feel pain ?

Last edited by normally_crazy : 1st May 2008 at 19:44.
Old 1st May 2008, 19:51   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
The article cracked me up !! Specially this - how did they feel that the pug was in pain ? The expression on the pug's face ?

And what about all the stray dogs who keep chasing cars / cyclists / people all day ? They do not feel pain ?
@normally... I read somewhere that due to the way the pug's nose is structured, it is difficult for them to breathe normally. In this case they made him run around for takes, re-takes and god know what. Imagine what the little dog must have gone through. I am wondering why this thought didnt came to my mind, after seeing the advert. I am already feeling bad for the little dog.

Read this: Do pugs make a good pet? - Yahoo! Answers

Last edited by extreme_torque : 1st May 2008 at 19:59.
Old 1st May 2008, 19:54   #521
BANNED

Its the stupidest thing I have heard .

Animal Welfare Board must be sued for making animals lazy and handicapped, since they won't let any animal do any physical activity

Old 1st May 2008, 20:00   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Its the stupidest thing I have heard .
Why dont you research a little before coming up with comment like this?
Old 1st May 2008, 20:05   #523
BANNED

If the pug has a problem with breathing doesn't mean that it has to idle around in the couch. Though walking the pug is recommended, a small running wouldn't matter. A little exercise will do no harm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
@normally... I read somewhere that due to the way the pug's nose is structured, it is difficult for them to breathe normally. In this case they made him run around for takes, re-takes and god know what. Imagine what the little dog must have gone through. I am wondering why this thought didnt came to my mind, after seeing the advert. I am already feeling bad for the little dog.
Old 1st May 2008, 20:16   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post

Read this: Do pugs make a good pet? - Yahoo! Answers
ET - thanks for the article - I did a google and came up with this - Pug Information and Pictures, Pugs, Carlin, Mops . Nothing really to worry about I feel. A bit of activity is good but I feel the guys who shot the ad must have taken care (let's hope) - these days it's difficult to get away from Animal Welfare guys.
Old 1st May 2008, 20:30   #525
BHPian

Okay I agree that the pug may have problems with a lot of takes and re-takes but if the animal rights groups have problems, why don't they move the Govt. to come up with norms which will make it mandatory for filmmakers to approach and appoint some official from the animal welfare board to be present at the time of the shooting and keep a watch on the proceedings rather than make a lot of hue and cry about it after it becomes popular? By making a lot of noise after the advertisement has gained popularity, all they are demonstrating is that they are here for the publicity and there is nothing more to it. Just my 2 cents.

Most Viewed