Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2006, 17:53   #76
Team-BHP Support

Ok... it seems its raining stupid ads on TV nowadays. Here is a worthy successor to the previous stupid Dollar baniyan(Vest) ad. This one is called VIP Chaddhi Pe Gaddi Offer. I can already hear a few of you groan, do I? Listen to the rest of it if you have not already seen it.

It goes upto the extent of adding insult to injury... It actually shows the prospective buyers in a bad light and uses lowly humor to show them down. A nerdy looking guy sitting in a new Ribbon-wrapped Indica, alongwith his family. The car revs like mad and then as the camera pans out the car shows up standing stationary. This joker is just pressing the accelerator like mad. Of course every one else in the car gives him the stares. He tries something else and all of a sudden the car starts bobbing to the bass of a real thumping music... again some cold stares and the guy tries something more. The wash-wipe mechanism shoots a spurt of water on the windscreen and everyone in the car ducks.

Finally when the nerd is at his wits end some voice from the background asks in a patronizing/insulting voice "ae ****** gaadi gear mein daali kya?"... And then the punchline follows, VIP Chaddhi pe.... India, ab driving sikho.

If I get to know which great brain conceived this third-class ad (and that sick punchline) I will ensure that this guy is given a one-way ticket to the moon. :P
Old 5th May 2006, 18:36   #77
BHPian

Dumbest of ads has got to be the Aveo ad...it makes no sense at all. Then there is Ash with her whistles in the Coke ad. How the hell do ad agencies even think of such irritating ads!!
Old 7th May 2006, 12:32   #78
BHPian

The Fanta one is a one of the worst ever.

And coincidentally, so are all of Ash's...How did you guys forget the LUX add involving SRK (and I mean Shah Rukh)?

The ones I like are Appy Fizz, Tata Indica (when the guy gets punched), and the add of the deterrgent in which the kids jumps into the mud puddle to beat it and says "SORRY BOL RAHA HAI". Kinda cute.
Old 7th May 2006, 13:32   #79
Senior - BHPian

The new Hyundai Getz ad gets the cake, man... and the guy who designed it should get the pie on his face. The ad shows a family walking all around with elbows raised to indicate the space feature of getz. If i get hit by one of those elbows, i'll be sure to break the arm attached around it... grrrr....
Old 7th May 2006, 13:40   #80
BHPian

Well there are a very few meaningful ads on TV nowadays. Specially Saif Ali Khan & Rani......."director saab ek round aur ho jaaye....." and what not.

In recent times I've liked the Hutch ad where a baby's father clicks a snap on the cell fone and the baby is really angry and snatches the fone from the fathers hand and throws it away. Specially the childs expression immidiately after it throws down the cell is what I love the most. Then the ad says something like 'do not click a pic without the persons permission'
Really an imaginative ad.

Cheers!
Old 7th May 2006, 13:43   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbofreak
The Harpic ad....this roshan abbas dashes into anyones toilet ...cleans it and the house owner says "Maja aya" whats this man. Seroiusly nothing worser than that.
Yes very true, turbofreak. with you. Such a dirty ad.

Autozealot
Old 8th May 2006, 11:50   #82
Senior - BHPian

How come no one noticed the Zayed Khan Ad ? Lips ka karo use - what a pathetic concept the Miranda guys have !
Old 8th May 2006, 14:20   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbofreak
The Harpic ad....this roshan abbas dashes into anyones toilet ...cleans it and the house owner says "Maja aya" whats this man. Seroiusly nothing worser than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozealot
Yes very true, turbofreak. with you. Such a dirty ad.

Autozealot
I am sure if Roshan Abbas comes in rushing to service your toilet kaa dabba, and that to free of cost you will also have a lot of mazaa... Probably those people on-screen also get a lot of mazaa from this whole tomfoolery. haa haa haaaa...
Old 8th May 2006, 23:41   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
[/i]

I am sure if Roshan Abbas comes in rushing to service your toilet kaa dabba, and that to free of cost you will also have a lot of mazaa... Probably those people on-screen also get a lot of mazaa from this whole tomfoolery. haa haa haaaa...

Well Zappo, I dont dont think so

AutoZealot
Old 9th May 2006, 11:31   #85
Senior - BHPian

The Hutch/Orange Ads starting with the pug one have been really really creative. The baby one mentioned here and the one that says choose your ringtone wisely are examples. Sadly 1 of the 2 creators passed away due to a heart attack.

And Amitoj - thats the worst ad I have seen - the Getz one with elbows raised.

The Bajaj Platina with Himesh crooning in the background - do you guys like that ?
Old 9th May 2006, 11:55   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
What about the new Coke ad with Aamir Khan ? A mistaken Japanese tourist and the rates are promptly jacked , I dont like it at all !
The new POWER ad - how does it make sense ? everybody gets up and gives you the standing ovation / claps/attention just because you drive a car that has POWER in its tank ?????? Amazing !
just what i thought!!! it starts well and we think what is it that makes the person sooo bloody powerful and it ends with POWER. man have never seen it again, never ever wanna see that again too.
but nowdays it's like you'll just wanna kill that stupid box and get on with your life courtesy the levels of stupidity that the ads are getting to.
do they even have a little bit of saneness to think that the product may not be worth all that brainstorming that would go into the ads.
but comes to think of it, brainstorming. well there goes the irony with it.
AK
Old 17th July 2006, 14:23   #87
Senior - BHPian

Guys

Anyone wtched the HAPPYDENT WHITE ad recently ? the one where all guys are on the chandeliers, work as car headlights , as flood lights.....in a palace?

Absolutely BRILLIANT !! and the background score with the ad ROCKS !

Anyone?
Old 17th July 2006, 14:28   #88
BANNED

Hey NC I completely AGREE.. a ROCKING ad.
Another irritating one on the lines of the harpic ad is that MATRIX SIM CARD ad where they show the pot or urinal or whatever and say if your using international roaming you'r pi**ing your money away...
COME ON YOU AD MEN.. GET YOUR HEAD OUTA THE POT!!

Last edited by 2L8uLoose : 17th July 2006 at 14:37.
Old 17th July 2006, 14:33   #89
Senior - BHPian

Really get bugged to see that 'na kabhi sar jukhange' HDFC Standard Life Ad. During the World cup matches, half-time breaks they repeatedly show the same Ad 2 - 3 times! It really sucks!
Old 17th July 2006, 14:42   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Really get bugged to see that 'na kabhi sar jukhange' HDFC Standard Life Ad. During the World cup matches, half-time breaks they repeatedly show the same Ad 2 - 3 times! It really sucks!
Hey dont say that - its Sam's FAVOURITEST ad

Most Viewed