Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2008, 15:24   #1006
Senior - BHPian

The 'Tata Tea-Jaago re' ad campaign which began with the young guy interviewing an election candidate followed by a few small ads like naming badly constructed roads full of potholes after the contractor and the latest ad where two guys are shown distributing tea on the day of elections is being liked by all. I too like it, but as a PR campaign and not as a commercial advertisement. Is it doing anything in putting the brand across to the public, is it making people switch-over to Tata Tea from the tea they have been drinking. The ad certainly isn't serving the purpose of increasing the sales of Tata Tea. There are many other companies making creative, innovative and hilarious ads but the ads don't serve the purpose of increasing their sales.

Has anyone seen the Goldwinner Oil-Goldwinner for Health ad. I know what they are trying to convey but the ad is senseless.
Old 16th October 2008, 15:44   #1007
Senior - BHPian

The guy who says.."hey whats your problem haan" in the tata Jaago re advt is my friend clyde
Old 16th October 2008, 15:50   #1008
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
The 'Tata Tea-Jaago re' ad campaign which began with the young guy interviewing an election candidate followed by a few small ads like naming badly constructed roads full of potholes after the contractor and the latest ad where two guys are shown distributing tea on the day of elections is being liked by all. I too like it, but as a PR campaign and not as a commercial advertisement. Is it doing anything in putting the brand across to the public, is it making people switch-over to Tata Tea from the tea they have been drinking. The ad certainly isn't serving the purpose of increasing the sales of Tata Tea. There are many other companies making creative, innovative and hilarious ads but the ads don't serve the purpose of increasing their sales.
So ads are meant only for selling a product, you cant give a message? I think its apt. Why do you say Tata Tea is not selling any numbers?

I think as a company making any product for the masses has more reponsibilities other then only making tangible gains?

99% Indians wake up to a cup of tea. And Jago re is wake up. I think its a very well thought out, actually a very brilliant ad with the product it is advertising very much focussed in it.
Old 16th October 2008, 16:10   #1009
Senior - BHPian

Actually ads are about brand awareness and brand recognition and then obviously brand switching.
Research has shown that when people repeatedly watch a product being shown especially one the concentrate on (an ad which is interesting) they will be willing to try the product when they have the opportunity even if the ad shown did not stress on any particular feature of the product.
In fact most of our ads for coffee, tea, cola etc don't really highlight the product quality or features!
And to be honest, everytime I go to the supermarket I actually look at the Tata tea in the racks.
I really wouldn't be surprised if I buy tata Tea the next time I need to buy tea!
Old 16th October 2008, 16:19   #1010
BHPian

I kind of like the new Airtel DTH Ad, by the way i want the background score for that ad... can anybody tell me where can i find it.
Old 16th October 2008, 17:14   #1011
Senior - BHPian

Anybody seen the new yahoo India search ad? at first i thought it was humorous but on the second thought, i think it is unfair to make fun using people with any disorder (in this case, a guy with stuttering).

what do you guys think?

Old 16th October 2008, 17:30   #1012
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
is unfair to make fun using people with any disorder (in this case, a guy with stuttering).

what do you guys think?
Is he stuttering he is shown to be just plain slow. Not sure though.
Old 16th October 2008, 18:15   #1013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Is he stuttering he is shown to be just plain slow. Not sure though.
He is stuttering even when he speaks to his senior officer in the plane ( see from 0.05).
Old 16th October 2008, 18:19   #1014
BANNED

Quote:
He is stuttering even when he speaks to his senior officer in the plane ( see from 0.05).
Oh ok. Thanks. My bad.
Old 16th October 2008, 18:51   #1015
BANNED

Quote:
Anybody seen the new yahoo India search ad? at first i thought it was humorous but on the second thought, i think it is unfair to make fun using people with any disorder (in this case, a guy with stuttering).

what do you guys think?

YouTube - Yahoo! India Search Sssskydiving
Senseless ad. As is the case with their radio ad. The radio ad prompted me to find out how one can complain to the ASCI.

It is unfair - but as a society, we treat disability / special conditions (in any form) as a joke.
Most of our movies are a good example of how this condition (stuttering / stammering) is handled.
Old 16th October 2008, 21:11   #1016
BHPian

Just saw the new Sprite Ad, really cool !!
Old 16th October 2008, 21:32   #1017
Senior - BHPian

Uh - oh,
I just went to reliance fresh and bought Tata Tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Actually ads are about brand awareness and brand recognition and then obviously brand switching.
Research has shown that when people repeatedly watch a product being shown especially one the concentrate on (an ad which is interesting) they will be willing to try the product when they have the opportunity even if the ad shown did not stress on any particular feature of the product.
In fact most of our ads for coffee, tea, cola etc don't really highlight the product quality or features!
And to be honest, everytime I go to the supermarket I actually look at the Tata tea in the racks.
I really wouldn't be surprised if I buy tata Tea the next time I need to buy tea!
Old 16th October 2008, 22:04   #1018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
So ads are meant only for selling a product, you cant give a message? I think its apt. Why do you say Tata Tea is not selling any numbers?

I think as a company making any product for the masses has more reponsibilities other then only making tangible gains?

99% Indians wake up to a cup of tea. And Jago re is wake up. I think its a very well thought out, actually a very brilliant ad with the product it is advertising very much focussed in it.
Buddy, there is no need to react so aggresively. I have mentioned in my earlier post that I too like the ad and I agree that it's a brilliant ad, but all I wanted to say is that it's a good PR ad rather than a commercial ad.
Old 17th October 2008, 11:48   #1019
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Buddy, there is no need to react so aggresively.
Aggressively? duh?

Surprised you found my reply aggressive. Apologies if you did, not intended.

PR not commercial? Can you explain how?

When you say PR not commercial you mean the ad is meant not to really sell the product but only to send a message?

Last edited by Spitfire : 17th October 2008 at 11:50.
Old 17th October 2008, 11:54   #1020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Senseless ad. As is the case with their radio ad. The radio ad prompted me to find out how one can complain to the ASCI.
Havent heard the radio ad, but i'm curious to know what it was.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks