Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2009, 12:48   #1696
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Taking about ads, I would to like to mention the reach the Sun group has when they buy a movie to distribute/produce one.

You have to see the way they use the combined force of their Media Empire (Sun TV, Sun Music, Sun News, Tamil weekly magazine, Suriyan FM Radio, Dhinakaran Tamil daily newspaper) to promote the movie.
I've also noticed and felt the same about their campaigns. The sheer reach of their media empire can influence audiences to a vast extent.
Old 4th December 2009, 13:30   #1697
Senior - BHPian

The worst advt is all the advt which are played on regional channels. This is due to the fact that all the advt will be translated to the native language and it sounds horrible and man you cannot undertsand also
Old 4th December 2009, 14:02   #1698
Distinguished - BHPian

The new Polo (mint with the hole) ads are horrific! I loved their older ads. The news ones are pathetic...I dont even feel like eating one for fear of being classified a moron.
Old 4th December 2009, 14:29   #1699
BHPian

The new bingo add is pretty nice IMO, the one where the boys shirt pocket lights up with his girl friends kiss. Liked the previous one with the two guys having a mock fight.
Old 4th December 2009, 14:45   #1700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
The new Polo (mint with the hole) ads are horrific! I loved their older ads. The news ones are pathetic...I dont even feel like eating one for fear of being classified a moron.
Yor are 100% right rather 1000% right. Useless advt it is. No message or notghing intresting in that. Probably some Newbiew/fresher in advt feild has done this advt
Old 4th December 2009, 17:42   #1701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
The worst advt is all the advt which are played on regional channels. This is due to the fact that all the advt will be translated to the native language and it sounds horrible and man you cannot undertsand also
I agree that it looks way out of shape & horrible when the ads are translated to regional languages, but the target audiences are people who understand those particular regional languages. Most of the time, the ads will be remade with regional faces.
Old 4th December 2009, 17:49   #1702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I agree that it looks way out of shape & horrible when the ads are translated to regional languages, but the target audiences are people who understand those particular regional languages. Most of the time, the ads will be remade with regional faces.
It would have been better if they had made a new advt according tot eh region rather than changing the language for ex. A hindi advt would be changed to Kannada(bangalore)language without changing the whole advt and actors and it looks rather hears awefully bad
Old 5th December 2009, 06:49   #1703
BHPian

Best and Worst Ads.

Hate the DOCOMO Ad. Sing along or walk along or dance along whatever.
Old 5th December 2009, 07:07   #1704
BHPian

History of Thumbs Up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Rulez! View Post
The architect was George Fernandes all right, who was Minister for Industry under PM Morarji Desai. But this wasn't in the 60s; it happened when the Janata Party came to power in 1977. However, the Indian substitute wasn't Thums Up (that hit the scene a few years later), but an inspired offering called "Double Seven" cleverly named to commemorate the year of its launch.

I may be wrong about the year but I am right about Thumbs Up. Pls see below relevant portion from "Thumbs Up review" in one of the net sites.:-
Background and History :-
(with a few snippets from Wikipedia): During late 1970s, the American cola giant Coca-Cola was banned by the Indian government. Following this, the Parle brothers, Ramesh Chauhan and Prakash Chauhan, along with then CEO Bhanu Vakil, launched Thums Up as their flagship drink in 1977. Thums Up was basically a cola drink, but surprisisngly the company never claimed it as such.

In 1990 when Pepsi was launched Thums Up came up with a “BIG FIGHT” and the size was also changed from 250ml-300ml and we had the fortune of having “Maha Cola”but then came 1993 -One of the saddest years of my life when Parle gave up its triangular fight between Thums Up, Coca Cola and Pepsi and surrendered and was bought by Coca Cola for a measly US$ 60 million. Ramesh Chauhan supposedly attributed it to the fact that he did not want to overburden his daughter.

Coca Cola re-entered India and to promote its brand nearly killed Thums Up but soon realized that Pepsi would benefit more than Coke if Thums Up was withdrawn from the market. Instead, Coke decided to use Thums Up to attack Pepsi. The Coca-Cola Company by this time had about 60.5% share of the Indian soft-drink market but much to its dismay found out that if it takes out Thums Up, it would remain with only 28.72% of the market (according to a report by NGO Finance&Trade in India), hence again dusted out the Thums Up brand and re-launched targeting the 30 to 45 year olds

To conclude A BIG THUMBS UP TO THUMS UP and ya, I love Thums Up also because it is the only thing my wife and I agree upon. So in my case it’s a binding force in our marriage. Thanks Thums Up. It acts a s a glue too (but only in relations)...he he...BURP....BURP..SORRY

Purchase Price (INR): Rs 6.00 - Rs 55.00 Best Time To Go In For This Drink: Any time Purchase from: From the local shop Side Effects: Yes

P.S
( Conclusion not by Me!! It is also from the net as well)
Old 5th December 2009, 10:48   #1705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudharma View Post
Hate the DOCOMO Ad. Sing along or walk along or dance along whatever.
I couldn't agree more on that! An annoying background music and a pointless AD.

Most of HH(Hero Honda)'s ADs are also bad. Like the new Karizma ZMR AD for example

Vodafone has shown us few of the best TV commercials till date!
Old 8th December 2009, 15:29   #1706
BHPian

Anyone seen the new TV ad for the restaurant chain called Mainland China? I'm referring to the one where an apparently irate diner demands to see the chef, and then gives him a smacking vampire-like kiss for making the best Chinese food he's ever eaten. Good in concept but something was lost in execution. The belligerent way in which he yells "can I see the chef please" doesn't seem at all a natural response to a satisfactory meal. So it's a thumbs down from me.
Old 8th December 2009, 15:42   #1707
Senior - BHPian

The worst advt is that POLO advt. Those jokers( boxer and that designer, there are still other characters but i din't remember them) don't know what they are telling/selling and the whole advt looks stupid.

The best advt is the centre fresh advt where in the first half with music in the background they show politicians, crickets and doctors and in the 2nd half they rewind and show what they are discussing and the tag line "bate kam kaam jyada" is fantastic
Old 8th December 2009, 15:46   #1708
BHPian

worst among current ads:

Domino's liquid cheese filled pizza ad. yuck is the word.
Old 8th December 2009, 17:50   #1709
BHPian

I hate the CHOCO on Ad whose tag line is says Cover , uncover, discover. Which company does that chocolate belong to???
Old 8th December 2009, 17:52   #1710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
worst among current ads:

Domino's liquid cheese filled pizza ad. yuck is the word.
100% with you on this one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks