Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2010, 16:13   #1966
BHPian

Kareena's part in the Airtel DTH's new ad is highly irritating. I keep the remote handy when watching the IPL due to such ads. Are all married men out here suffering the same thing from their wives?

Also, during the last CSK v/s DC match, some ad was shown in Tamil in Mumbai. Might be a goof-up.
Old 25th April 2010, 16:48   #1967
Senior - BHPian

The Tata Safari 'Reclaim your life' ad asked the question - "When you look back at your life, what would you like to remember?"

Must say that ad set me thinking about my own life, my priorities in life etc. So for me, that is a very 'important' ad.
Old 25th April 2010, 18:30   #1968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroads View Post
The hangman goes about his routine of hanging people. On this particular day he is surprised to see a familiar figure who is about to be hanged. He can't see who the criminal is because his face is masked. The thought lingers on his mind. The criminal seems to be a very familiar person. Eventually time runs out and he pulls the lever. He walks back home still trying to find out who the criminal was. He reaches home; it's dark and he switches on the light. As the Havell's bulb removes the darkness and spreads the brilliance of light, his doubt also vanishes instantly. He could recollect who the criminal was and things become clear and he is happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
What non-sense!

The hangman is hanging criminals, convicted of the Rarest of Rare crimes.
How can anyone who does this cleanup job be thought of as doing Paap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
From what the narrator says in the ad, he earns some "punya" by using Havell's bulbs and saving electricity.

This is the company's OFFICIAL explanation:
Quote:

In our busy, mechanical daily lives we often commit misdemeanors that leave us with a sense of guilt and heavy heart. At times, we look for avenues to assuage our guilt. Charities, religious donations etc. are few forms of such guilt assuages. At Havells, we would want people to realize that just saving electricity is a big and meaningful good deed to do.

One of the simplest and biggest way of saving electricity is to switch to CFLs from regular incandescent bulbs. which means saving of 80% of energy that was being used by the bulb. Imagine the energy that we save by switching all bulbs around us with CFLs. It would not only be a good deed, but a very significant good deed.

In fact the new Havells CFL commercial makes exactly the point that saving electricity is equal to doing a good deed that can counter all the bad deeds that we do in our lives. The creative idea for the TVC lends itself to the phenomenon of human beings cutting down on their guilt, washing away their sins, by doing something good in life.

The idea comes to life through a hangman who is overcome by guilt after pulling the lever on an accused. While he is emotionally troubled by this act, Energy saving bulbs realizes that he uses a CFL which saves energy and therefore the use of that bulb amounts to something good hes done in his life, something thats good for the environment. That makes him feel better. He resumes his normal course of activities.

The point gets demonstrated by the voiceover: Zindagi mein hum sabko paap karna padta hai,kuch to punya kama sakte hain, bijlee bachake.
Havells CFL sabse zyada bijlee bachaaye.(In life, everyone commits sin. Why not wash away your sins by saving electricity? Havells CFL. Saves maximum energy.)Energy saving bulb
Old 2nd May 2010, 11:03   #1969
Senior - BHPian

Have you seen the advertisement of a certain engine oil for trucks ?

This engine oil apparently improves the FE of the truck to such an extent that the truck owner saves enough money to hire 2 gorgeous models to work as driver and cleaner for his truck !

I wonder if any such products are available for petrol cars too.

Rohan
Old 2nd May 2010, 13:28   #1970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Have you seen the advertisement of a certain engine oil for trucks ?

This engine oil apparently improves the FE of the truck to such an extent that the truck owner saves enough money to hire 2 gorgeous models to work as driver and cleaner for his truck !

I wonder if any such products are available for petrol cars too.

Rohan
A good engine oil results in less wear and tear on the engine parts. A increase of even 0.2kms/litre with better engine amount to huge savings.
Considering the operating conditions & the distance traveled, i feel trucks take a lot of beating.
Old 2nd May 2010, 14:46   #1971
Senior - BHPian

Did Anyone see Rajnigandha pan masala AD?
i was like
Award for greatest musician goes to "And this guy Carries Pan masala pack in his hand"
Old 2nd May 2010, 18:02   #1972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
This ad is proof that there still exist people who know their craft...art, rather!
Though I must admit, the shortened version which is aired on TV is more entertaining.
The guy's expressions are brilliant.

truly a very well made ad.
makes me want to share it with everybody i know.
Old 2nd May 2010, 19:08   #1973
Senior - BHPian

Just saw the Panasonic Ad. Very nice. I like it. 'One Moment'. Good exitement generated and pretty much info as well. Wholesome.
Old 2nd May 2010, 20:24   #1974
BHPian

The Red SL AMG with Micheal Schumacher WOW
Old 2nd May 2010, 20:35   #1975
Senior - BHPian

The Red SL AMG with Micheal Schumacher ad is an Irresponsible act on part of the manufacturing company.

As it is we have enough wannabe Schumachers on our roads latest were the three who crashed early this morning in New Delhi. There could have been other ways of showcasing this car's capabilities.

TVS mobike " Mere Bhai ke liye" advert simple, clean and very effective in getting the message across.
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:26   #1976
Team-BHP Support

The more i see the Metlife ad with the dancing granny and grandson, i am attracted to it. Really nice way to get across the message of disruption in regular income.

Excellent.
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:57   #1977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
That ad is insane! I mean, im sure its fake, but still, it looks very real
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:58   #1978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Kareena's part in the Airtel DTH's new ad is highly irritating. I keep the remote handy when watching the IPL due to such ads. Are all married men out here suffering the same thing from their wives?

Also, during the last CSK v/s DC match, some ad was shown in Tamil in Mumbai. Might be a goof-up.
I wonder if Kareena is like that in real life too .

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Alrighty then. I will do just that! And let you know too.
its just an ad man, calm down. Oh, speaking of ads, the new one for the VW Polo is good. Love it when the Emu starts chasing the guy around .

Last edited by Dippy : 4th May 2010 at 10:25. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 3rd May 2010, 15:16   #1979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
its just an ad man, calm down.
You clearly missed the point

Speaking of the Metlife ad. It is lovely. The facial expressions of the kid are superb.
Old 3rd May 2010, 18:30   #1980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The Red SL AMG with Micheal Schumacher ad is an Irresponsible act on part of the manufacturing company.

As it is we have enough wannabe Schumachers on our roads latest were the three who crashed early this morning in New Delhi. There could have been other ways of showcasing this car's capabilities.

TVS mobike " Mere Bhai ke liye" advert simple, clean and very effective in getting the message across.
how is the SLS add irresponsible(although its CG)???
please watch the add carefully again and you will notice that the stunts performed were under careful supervision with safety precautions such as fire fighters on the scene etc.
plus it was a controlled environment without any other commuters on the road.

I don't think the add in any way is irresponsible.
If a person is ignorant enough to do the same seen on the add by ignoring all the warnings given in the add . Then he truly is a Douche Bag

Last edited by vinaydas : 3rd May 2010 at 18:32.

Most Viewed