Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2010, 00:12   #2056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Though this ad is not on TV, couldnt find any other thread which talks about print ads.

This ad shows the car owner and the tyre puncture repairer, both to be SBI customers. Fine got the point, however small things.

Its a 3L, 4x4 AT Endeavour, which gets tubeless tyres, then what is the tube this guy is doing with

Also, the tyre is lying on the ground with the tyre not taken off from the alloys.
SBI do make good ads for TV though!

But their service everywhere is useless.

I hate the ZMR ad. the Hrithik one. ANd it comes so many times during FIFA 2010 i get a headache. Anyway they are paying for our match, so we have to get over it.
Old 29th June 2010, 01:00   #2057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
He He nice AD. I did this too 2-3 years back but there was no canal or something. The kit was under my dad's car and I emptied some meat peices for her. The girl in the video is cute. And little girl thrash canned the kitty, thats an animal rights violation man! Oh yeah and the little girl is cute too
The little girl placed the kitten in a rectangular plant/flowerpot, not a trash-can.
Old 29th June 2010, 09:27   #2058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
I hate the ZMR ad. the Hrithik one. ANd it comes so many times during FIFA 2010 i get a headache. Anyway they are paying for our match, so we have to get over it.
I agree with you. I hate that ad. I think most of Hero Honda's ads are stupid.
Old 29th June 2010, 22:56   #2059
BHPian

The New "Monster.com" ad is funny and at the same time conveys the message.
Old 30th June 2010, 04:55   #2060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post
The New "Monster.com" ad is funny and at the same time conveys the message.

is this the one?

Old 8th July 2010, 19:20   #2061
Senior - BHPian

Maruti's latest series of advertisements - Kitna deti hai ?

A rich guy buying a yatch and a military officer buying a military vehicle asking the same question - kitna deti hai ?

Horrible advertisements. Both of them.

Rohan
Old 8th July 2010, 19:59   #2062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Maruti's latest series of advertisements - Kitna deti hai ?
Actually it exactly portrays the mindset of any general indian public. You buy anything (doesn't matter if it's 800 or Merc) the first question asked will be "what is the mileage" or "Kitna deti hai" in hindi

One irritating ad I found is that Spice ads with 2 guys fighting over Brazil or Argentina to win the world cup. What irritates me more is that the expression of the other people in the bus as if no one else in India gives a damn about Football except two particular states.
Old 8th July 2010, 20:02   #2063
BHPian

Add me to the group hating the ZMR ad.
I personally like most of the fevicol ads. The vodafone zoo zoo ads were also interesting.
Old 8th July 2010, 20:03   #2064
BHPian

For me, currently Samsung LED TV ad tops the list. Its a beautiful ad with a great background score. For an all time favourite i would choose the Bajaj Avenger Ad. Not sure how many of you remember this one, but there used to be ad where a guy forgives his dad, girlfriend and everyone because he feels like GOD!! Love that one.
Old 8th July 2010, 22:33   #2065
BHPian

Kajol's new Alpenliebe (or whatever it is called) ad. Simply atrocious..

BTW, even the chocolate sucks
Old 8th July 2010, 23:29   #2066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
is this the one?
yup thats the one. Nice funny ad. Now they are showing another ad with same concept of having choices which don't help you.

Last edited by v12 : 10th July 2010 at 11:42.
Old 9th July 2010, 10:59   #2067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Actually it exactly portrays the mindset of any general indian public. You buy anything (doesn't matter if it's 800 or Merc) the first question asked will be "what is the mileage" or "Kitna deti hai" in hindi
Actually these "Kitna deti hai" advertisements only portray the mentality of middle class cost conscious buyers.

But Maruti are trying to portray as if all Indians, including the filthy rich, think in the same way.

Looks like Maruti is overplaying its USP of FE and cheap maintenence through such silly advertisements, instead of trying ko keep pace with better products in the market.

Rohan
Old 9th July 2010, 11:01   #2068
BHPian

I love the Cadbury Shots ad, where a robber tries to escape from police, in the process, he scares a fruit vendor, but drops the money into the vendors box, face reaction of the vendor guy is too good.
Old 9th July 2010, 11:59   #2069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Kajol's new Alpenliebe (or whatever it is called) ad. Simply atrocious..

BTW, even the chocolate sucks
This ad really sucks big time. Its horrible to see the monkey faces of characters in it and the lady dancing to their tunes.

Then there's this detergent ad, in which a little boy snarls and barks and what not.. to impress his teacher. Pathetic one!

I wonder, the toilet cleaner ads are always aired when we are having breakfast/lunch or dinner. The guy comes and exclaims "Are you ready for the challenge?" and then the camera zooms straight into the...
Old 9th July 2010, 12:09   #2070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
This ad really sucks big time. Its horrible to see the monkey faces of characters in it and the lady dancing to their tunes.

Then there's this detergent ad, in which a little boy snarls and barks and what not.. to impress his teacher. Pathetic one!

I wonder, the toilet cleaner ads are always aired when we are having breakfast/lunch or dinner. The guy comes and exclaims "Are you ready for the challenge?" and then the camera zooms straight into the...
You hit nail on the head.
All these advertisements,with stupid creatures shouting,"Ye Jaggu Jaundice hai or watever".
They are aired,during lunch time or dinner time.

Most Viewed