Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2010, 18:53   #2071
BHPian

Among the recent ones, the ad for MasterCard featuring Sachin, Bhajji & Zaheer is done well -- especially the kid who identifies Sachin towards the end of the ad has done very well.

The ad I dislike the most -- though I like the star in it -- are the ones which Akshay comes as a cook and just keeps laughing.
Old 10th July 2010, 14:20   #2072
Senior - BHPian

What about the 5 star ad ?? Ramessh ? Suressh ?? Kitna badal gaya hai tu............

Awesome ad.
Old 10th July 2010, 16:41   #2073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
What about the 5 star ad ?? Ramessh ? Suressh ?? Kitna badal gaya hai tu............

Awesome ad.
I especially liked the performance put up by the shopkeeper. He was good in those Oongli Cricket ads too.
Old 10th July 2010, 17:45   #2074
Senior - BHPian

Nice ad:
Bingo! Spicy Masala Remix
Old 10th July 2010, 18:38   #2075
BHPian

Quote:

Awesome ad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
I especially liked the performance put up by the shopkeeper. He was good in those Oongli Cricket ads too.
Are you serious? You really liked this advert?
Old 10th July 2010, 19:18   #2076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Awesome ad.
naah.i didn't quite like it

Old 10th July 2010, 19:43   #2077
BHPian

for me the worst ads are toothpastes/detergent ads - the ones wherein kids are made .. .. forced to look cute.
All these include a forced cute kid soiling his own clothes (always) for something oh-so-sweet act. Or a kid plays doctor to another kid or doll checking gums/teeth. I mean c'mon guys, the formula is verrrrry old. Think of something new.

And looks like only 'forced cute kids' can sell the detergents and toothpastes.

The list is endless.. but the last one - saffola ad. Poor hubby is back after a hard days work, wife is ready- all decked up to go to party (or whatever). At least let the poor soul get in his home, have a glass of water..
Old 10th July 2010, 20:05   #2078
BHPian

what do you guys think of the new hyundai verna ad with the kid flying a remote controlled plane next to the car - i kinda like it :-)
Old 10th July 2010, 23:50   #2079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Are you serious? You really liked this advert?
It's an okay ad. The highlight of the ad though is the shopkeepers reaction.

Just came across these one on Youtube: INDIAN ADs

Indian ad for Heinz - Housewife

Last edited by Jayabusa : 10th July 2010 at 23:57.
Old 12th July 2010, 21:37   #2080
BHPian

Maruti's "Kitna deti hai" advert makes me feel insulted as an Indian. It just portrays Indians (jawan, filthy rich, etc) as some one who cannot appreciate luxury, performance, quality, etc, they only know what's the mileage.

I hate the advert.
Old 13th July 2010, 11:24   #2081
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by visu03 View Post
Maruti's "Kitna deti hai" advert makes me feel insulted as an Indian. It just portrays Indians (jawan, filthy rich, etc) as some one who cannot appreciate luxury, performance, quality, etc, they only know what's the mileage.

I hate the advert.
Finally someone who shares the same views as me.

You are right, "Kitna deti hai" series of advertisements is insulting for Indians.

Maruti is trying to portray as if FE is the only thing that matters to Indians and that no Indian cares about luxury, performance and quality.

Talking about the FE of custom built / special purpose vehicles like luxury yatch, battle tank and even a space ship is just stupid, not humorous.

Rohan
Old 21st July 2010, 11:41   #2082
Team-BHP Support

I really love the series of 'Incredible India' ads which are being aired on TV these days featuring Aamir Khan. I just hope it translates into something constructive, instead of just taking up airplay.
Old 21st July 2010, 13:06   #2083
BHPian

^^ very true. Lets all hope it changes the attitude of atleast some of them who are always on the prowl to fleece/harass foreigners.

Some 2 years backs, I had to catch a bus to Ernakulam and had to use the cloak room at the Majestic bus station. Two Italian women were sort of being harassed there by the guys running the cloak room. They were asked to pay up some 400 bucks for being late by an hour to pick up their luggage and hurling all sorts of nasty comments and abuses in the local language.

I could'nt take it any longer and had to intervene to stop the sick play.
Initially the ladies thought that I am too part of the game and trying to fool around. Maybe, they have had horrible experiences before. My brief onsite stint in Italy helped me somewhat to communicate with the ladies, convince them and I passed on all the emergency help numbers that I had with me then. That's all I could do though.
Old 23rd July 2010, 08:15   #2084
BHPian

Me and my wife just loved this ...
Old 23rd July 2010, 10:11   #2085
Senior - BHPian

Have you guys seen the advertisement of a certain sanitary napkin which is so absorbent that it can absorb all the water in a lake.

Rohan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks