Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2010, 22:25   #2101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Have you guys seen the advertisement of a certain sanitary napkin which is so absorbent that it can absorb all the water in a lake.

Rohan
i hate all those ads lol
Old 7th August 2010, 22:38   #2102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
i hate all those ads lol

I cannot understand how those napkins inside a sealed plastic cover can absorb a lake ??
Old 8th August 2010, 14:13   #2103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I cannot understand how those napkins inside a sealed plastic cover can absorb a lake ??
Lets give them the benefit of doubt and assume that the plastic pack was not sealed properly.

Still, napkin absorbing all the water in the lake ?

Rohan
Old 9th August 2010, 01:45   #2104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Really like this advert, The boy's face is innocent and he is blushing too, good emotion.
+1
The cadbury one is one of the best I have seen in recent times. Fresh faces, lovely background score. Really like this one.

One of my all time favs happens to be the one for Bajaj Caliber, the unshakable. Absolutely brilliant.
For those of you who can't recollect heres the link from you tube.
Old 9th August 2010, 10:45   #2105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
+1
The cadbury one is one of the best I have seen in recent times. Fresh faces, lovely background score. Really like this one.

One of my all time favs happens to be the one for Bajaj Caliber, the unshakable. Absolutely brilliant.
For those of you who can't recollect heres the link from you tube. YouTube - ‪Old Bajaj Caliber ad‬‎
. This is one of my favourite ads. Somehow I miss most of the ads which we used to see when we were kids
Old 9th August 2010, 11:19   #2106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
. This is one of my favourite ads. Somehow I miss most of the ads which we used to see when we were kids
Sweet ad. me too loved it.
Thats was a bold attempt by bajaj and it's agency.

Maybe it was the first time an Indian bike ad touched the human in you,
rather than try to portray a bike rider as a 'Superman' who did heroic stunts on his 5bhp 100cc bike
Old 9th August 2010, 11:27   #2107
BHPian

The new Tata safari ad with it coming at you, from the middle of the fields in super slo-mo.
Amazing. Cant find the link on you tube, if some one does pls post it.
Old 9th August 2010, 12:38   #2108
Senior - BHPian

I have made quite a few posts in this thread about good, bad & ugly ads. But now I feel that an excellent ad made for a product which isn't good, shouldn't really make sense to consumers since there is absolutely no congruence between the product & the ad. Most of the time, such ads just serve as a source of entertainment. And ultimately, consumers are fooled into buying inferior products. Hence I feel such ads should be classified as bad ads.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 9th August 2010 at 12:46.
Old 9th August 2010, 16:00   #2109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
I have made quite a few posts in this thread about good, bad & ugly ads. But now I feel that an excellent ad made for a product which isn't good, shouldn't really make sense to consumers since there is absolutely no congruence between the product & the ad. Most of the time, such ads just serve as a source of entertainment. And ultimately, consumers are fooled into buying inferior products. Hence I feel such ads should be classified as bad ads.
Do you wan't people to say "mine is a not so good product as X product"?

i don't see a connection between a good ad and a bad product. This thread is about ads which you like or dislike and not about the products you adore or hate.
Old 9th August 2010, 17:00   #2110
Senior - BHPian

The New Alto ad is stupid. plus the girl is dancing in the car with no seat belts on her! Imagine, she hitting the guy and dhantennnn!
Old 9th August 2010, 18:33   #2111
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone see Anchor toothpaste AD?
a Girl bakes a Cake,which slips out of her hand,and goes straight in to a steel almirah,and creates a dent,and falls on the floor,and cracks the flooring.

And this guy comes and chews the same cake,as if it was a sponge cake
Old 9th August 2010, 21:35   #2112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
+1
My favourite ad is also a Bajaj Caliber ad, but a different one. I wonder if someone has uploaded it on Youtube. The ad has a guy driving a Caliber stop at the signal and waiting for it to turn green. A politician's car stops behind him and his henchman try to force him to move his bike before the light turns green, but the guy stays put till the lights turn green and then they show the text "Bajaj Caliber - The Unshakeable" on the screen. That was an awesome ad and taught people some traffic sense too.
Old 13th August 2010, 12:57   #2113
Senior - BHPian

Anti-perspirant?!

OT: I am disgusted to see ads of these anti-perspirant deodorants by Garnier featuring John Abraham & one by some other Co.
Perspiration is a natural & essential process for God's sake! You want to play around with the natural processes occurring in your body that keep you functioning normally?! What next, something to counter urination & defecation?
Old 13th August 2010, 13:30   #2114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
OT: I am disgusted to see ads of these anti-perspirant deodorants by Garnier featuring John Abraham & one by some other Co.
Perspiration is a natural & essential process for God's sake! You want to play around with the natural processes occurring in your body that keep you functioning normally?! What next, something to counter urination & defecation?
Anti-perspirants don't STOP you from sweating, they just mask the unpleasant odour that follows it. So, where is the "play around with the natural processes occurring in your body that keep you functioning normall" stuff coming from?

And I definitely don't want a cubicle mate who's sweating like a pig and has just crapped and pissed in his pants.

Last edited by WindRide : 13th August 2010 at 13:31.
Old 13th August 2010, 14:04   #2115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Anti-perspirants don't STOP you from sweating, they just mask the unpleasant odour that follows it. So, where is the "play around with the natural processes occurring in your body that keep you functioning normall" stuff coming from?

And I definitely don't want a cubicle mate who's sweating like a pig and has just crapped and pissed in his pants.
Anti perspirants DO indeed block the pores and stop the sweat.
It was a waxy stick sort of thing, used once for few months (few years ago) - and the ill effect showed on my face.

realizing what it is doing - i stopped - and regained the "natural glow" and "flawless skin"

BTW Sweating is good for your skin.

And of course you sweat because body needs to cool - stopping it will be dangerous.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks