Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2011, 16:16   #2461
BHPian

Re: Hero Honda Ad - New

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
HH is known for some lousy ads, offlate a new commercial is been played regularly where a dude wants to make a village to a city, with some sad dialogues and later he posing infront of a call center building with the bike...
God, I hate that ad. Guy is building a call center and rides a Splendour ( or is it a CD Dawn +/#/ Pro/Deluxe ? ) . I agree , most of Hero Honda's ads suck, except for the one Splendor ad where 4 childhood friends meet at their old meeting place after growing up.

On that note, there is this ad of Krishi dhan or something ( is that an ad for some kind of seeds? ) where the son is in the US ( we know it is the US because there is a US Flag on his table ) and is chatting to his family in India on Webcam. The father shows him the new car and excellent harvest due to Krishi dhan. The son gets emotional and says " Main India Aa raha hoon" ( I'm coming back to India ). That ad is Hilariously bad.

Last edited by Newpunter : 22nd March 2011 at 16:21.
Old 22nd March 2011, 16:22   #2462
Senior - BHPian

Re: The BEST & the WORST Advertisements on TV

Totally hate the ad series for the Micromax Psych cell phones. Must have been created by a psycho, methinks!
Old 22nd March 2011, 16:29   #2463
Team-BHP Support

Although the new Manza ad seems to have quite a few admirers here, i personally dislike the ad. The only saving grace in it is the background score at the end of the ad.
Old 22nd March 2011, 16:38   #2464
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hero Honda Ad - New

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
God, I hate that ad. Guy is building a call center and rides a Splendour ( or is it a CD Dawn +/#/ Pro/Deluxe ? )
Yup, at the end it is shown he is standing in front of a massive call centre building (Company name read "NEW INDIA CALL CENTRE").

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
The father shows him the new car and excellent harvest due to Krishi dhan. The son gets emotional and says " Main India Aa raha hoon" ( I'm coming back to India ). That ad is Hilariously bad.
Yeah, Father shows the new FORTUNER isn't it. But that is 100 times better than HH ad

Another ad I hate is Kareena's stop/dont stop Airtel ad.

Last edited by Latheesh : 22nd March 2011 at 16:40.
Old 22nd March 2011, 16:51   #2465

Still The Best One Is:

Last edited by GTO : 25th March 2011 at 20:04. Reason: No need for URL tags when inserting youtube links. Correcting
Old 22nd March 2011, 16:53   #2466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
5. The voltas AC ad. Some singing kids come to one lady's bedroom. I dont know whether they are complimenting her or they are advising her. They are later joined by one elderly fellow. Till date I am unable to make out the lyrics.
The lyrics are something like this: Aunty agar AC sleep mode mein chalaogi, sote sote power aur paise bachaogi.

Translation: Aunty if you use the AC in sleep mode, you would save power and money while sleeping.

Rohan
Old 22nd March 2011, 17:03   #2467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Another nice ad from Bajaj!

Although, not anywhere close to the original pulsarmania ad, this one is a good watch too.
when bike skids, the main stand touches the road, can be seen in the ad. This was the problem with this bike when I bought it in very first allotment.

Last edited by Dippy : 24th March 2011 at 20:58. Reason: Avoid quoting videos when replying to a topic. Thanks
Old 22nd March 2011, 17:14   #2468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RECOMPOSE View Post
G uy 1 comes in with a phone that suspiciously looks like a Corby (No offense Samsung owners, its one phone which has bright interchangable back covers) and is tendered some candy as she didnt have change.

Guy 2 comes with a 'Masculine phone and gun metal finish' that 'impresses' her and she gives him a condom.

Please dont insult the maker of the ad if you didnt follow it

PS: I am not associated with the maker of the ad
It is not about getting the meaning of the ad. But it does not make any sense and looks more cheap than anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
New Coke "brrrr rrrrrrr" ad is silly but I like it!!! :-)))
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Yeah,first time i saw it,i was like what the??????
but it did brought a smile on my face.
i like it.
I Hate this ad, previous one was really good. But this, nah...

Oh and btw, i like the new Fevicol and Cadburys ad.

Last edited by Unknownsatan : 22nd March 2011 at 17:17.
Old 22nd March 2011, 17:19   #2469
BHPian

One's that get on my nerves:

1. Kent Purifier - Everytime i see Hema Malini, i just hope i don't fling my remote towards the TV. Especially when she reiterates, "Aap apna purifier badal rahe ho na, kent laa rahe ho na". I've sworn i'll never buy a Kent Purifier in my life.

2. Suzuki Slingshot - Oye Suzuki Slinga-shota by the Sardarji, then the kid saying "kya?" enough to tear your hair apart.

3. Voltas a/c with the kids singing - This makes me want to permanently damage my ear drums by purposely poking them. Damn.

4. Hyundai (New Possibilities) - Why Shaan? Oh Why? Why do you want me to hate you?

5. Lava with Gunmetal Finish - Sorry i have no change. Seems the Ad is more focused on the masculinity of the phone, than the phone itself. And would like to write some unmentionable's here, but Oopsy. Separate's the men from the boys. Sheesh.

6. Maruti SX4 - Men will be Men. So this guy is driving his SX4 while his bride waits for him. So the pertinent question is... If the SX4 is 'Definitely Male' what's the guy?

7. Orient PSPO - Oh Dhoni. Just because you utter stuff out of your mouth, it does not necessarily mean we like it, gibberish.

8. J. K. Lakshmi Cement - A woman comes out of the pool in a two piece, Vishwaas hai, isme kuch khaas hai. Now, thats a super 'cement' ad.

9. Almost all Body Spray ad's, which cannot be seen with the family. Set Wet, Zatak, etc.

10. Nirma Washing Powder: Where she 'pauses' the water splash & gives the 'still' muddy water a dressing down.

11. The Mirinda Ads - Where Asin wears a moustache. Sone pe suhaaga. Need i say more?

12. Kit Kit: With the Singing Chipmunks. What Originality. What was the Chipmunks name? Alvin? The ad gets on my nerves with the irritating singing.

13. The New Raymond Ad - Where you see a bunch of Meterosexual males bonding too closely & dancing in a Raymond Store. Yikes, i thought it was still about men. Where's my old The Complete Man, Raymonds? God Where?

There are many more, just can't recall all of them at present.

Though the Zoo-Zoos lost their cuteness a while ago, their new 3G Super ZooZoo is the only Ad character which makes me smile when he stops the bullet, however cheesy the Chuck Norris and Rajnikanth jokes have made that particular action.

Another one is an Insurance ad, "Hum jab honge saath saal ke, aur tum hogi pachpan ki" which i like.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 22nd March 2011 at 17:28. Reason: * Added #13
Old 22nd March 2011, 18:05   #2470
Senior - BHPian

Another completely mindless ad is that scooterette one with body balance with those two females very stupidly engaging in circus acrobatics! Who comes up with these kind of crazy ideas!
Old 23rd March 2011, 09:29   #2471
Senior - BHPian

The IDEA guys have totally lost it with the Champions to keep cricket clean ads.

Which person would ask stupid questions to these great cricketers like,

1) If a person ask about which ball is to be a no-ball what would you ask him to say ?

or

2) If a person asks info about the pitch what would you advise ?

What the hell !! Does she expect these guys to say - yes we should tell them all ????

Totally gets on my nerves !

And that ad proves only one thing -

Indian cricketers are the best actors amongst cricketers from all countries. Just watch Kapil paaji act and then watch Ranatunga and Waugh ads - you will know what I am saying !

Last edited by normally_crazy : 23rd March 2011 at 09:31.
Old 23rd March 2011, 11:16   #2472
Team-BHP Support

For me, the IDEA series of someone saying No idea and Abhishek Bachchan responding with Get idea is one of the worst in recent times. Quite a smug-like response
Old 23rd March 2011, 23:16   #2473
Senior - BHPian

Colgate Max fresh ad *ing Shahid, Genelia, Sehwag and Gambhir: I love it for the simple reason that none of them got a chance to open their mouth!

Along with the Genelia Fanta ads, the Asin Mirinda ads deserve awards for subtlety and sober performances.
Old 23rd March 2011, 23:53   #2474
Senior - BHPian

The new Cadbury ad with that cutey little small girl - "Jhootha ho gaya" and those sad expressions is SUPER !
Old 24th March 2011, 00:55   #2475

this is my favourite advertisment of all

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks