Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2013, 00:20   #3121
BHPian

This particular Vodafone commercial on Celebrity Gossip! Haha! Best Zoo zoo ad of this year!

Old 13th April 2013, 18:23   #3122
BHPian

Has anyone seen the new Hyundai i-10 advert it is absolutely stupid. A kid sees his dad turning into Shah Rukh when he gets into the i-10 !! What are they trying to advertise to the mango people, that they'll look like Shah Rukh while driving a i-10!!
Old 14th April 2013, 13:28   #3123
BHPian

Re: The BEST & the WORST Advertisements on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Has anyone seen the new Hyundai i-10 advert it is absolutely stupid. A kid sees his dad turning into Shah Rukh when he gets into the i-10 !! What are they trying to advertise to the mango people, that they'll look like Shah Rukh while driving a i-10!!
+1. A stupid ad it indeed is. IIRC there was a competition by Hyundai wherein the viewers could write in an i10 related story & the best one would be on tv in an ad with SRK & the writer in it. This one was an absolute bummer

On a positive note, the new Fiat ad is nice. A good script & perfect direction makes it very watchable. Its especially heartening since it comes from Fiat stable. They've been making very bad ads since the past couple of years with the most recent example being Punto Sport. The new ad is mostly done by a new ad agency. A step in the right direction, I say
Old 14th April 2013, 14:43   #3124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
It's one of the most ridiculous automotive ads I have seen recently. The ad seems to be aimed at satisfying Shahrukh' ego than highlight i10's abilities. In the ad before this, Shahrukh was asking people to write a 'story' for an i10 ad. I guess the earlier ones without any 'story' were better than this. Moreover, some bits in it seem inspired from the Chevy Sail ad, instead of the father picking his son, he is dropping the son.

Last edited by Biraj : 14th April 2013 at 14:44. Reason: typos
Old 14th April 2013, 18:05   #3125
Distinguished - BHPian

The new Fiat ad is nice. They have portrayed fiats as the car which will be with you life long. Using padmini in the ad is a nice touch to drive home the point. Classic touch.

Hope the service improves more
Old 15th April 2013, 13:54   #3126
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely hated the Crazy Feet ad from Vodafone. It was highly annoying and weird.
Glad its finally off the air.
Old 15th April 2013, 16:39   #3127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
The new Fiat ad is nice. They have portrayed fiats as the car which will be with you life long. Using padmini in the ad is a nice touch to drive home the point. Classic touch.

Hope the service improves more
Spot on Sagar! I watched the ad yesterday evening on some channel and it immediately came to my mind that it deserves a place in this thread! The use of old gen Fiat (which actually is a Padmini- see orientation of wipers) adds nostalgia, trust and old connection of Indians with Fiat. I absolutely loved the closing lines. That inspires trust. Nice ad.
Old 15th April 2013, 18:58   #3128
BHPian

Im not sure if its just me. But i found the zoozoo ads pretty annoying this time over. Or may be they set the expectations so high with their first series, that there is a comparison every time.

Not sure if its still done by Prakash Varma and team.!
Old 15th April 2013, 19:57   #3129
Mik
BHPian

Among the cacophony of IPL and its ads, i look forward to this one.
Specially nice is that a previously taboo subject has been given a very funky treatment here.

Old 21st April 2013, 11:26   #3130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Nissan Sunny Ads - these ads have got to be the WORST ads ever played on TV, not only pertaining to automobile ads but in general.
http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=ULu2MEWAQZ8
Next close contender is again, a Nissan Sunny ad - wife yelling to her husband that their neighbor has got a 'Caaaaar'. Instead of getting impressed by the product, I wanted to choke the actor

I want to say Stop Yelling "CAAAAAAR"!! to those actors in the above ad and also want to show Pankaj Bhatia this advertisement:

Watch and learn dude!

Last edited by clevermax : 21st April 2013 at 11:29.
Old 21st April 2013, 13:13   #3131
BHPian

I liked both the Micromax (Colours come alive) and Tata Sky HD (indo Pak cricket match)
Old 21st April 2013, 15:33   #3132
BHPian

The goibibo.com ads (the ones on a hospital bed) are highly insensitive. They should be classified 'A' and not aired at all as I do not believe they are suitable for viewing by children. Humor created on a hospital bed is not appropriate. The product is off my list for good.
Old 21st April 2013, 15:40   #3133
Senior - BHPian

i thoroughly liked the style and humour of the bharti AXA insurance advertisement being aired this year on TV :

good job !

And in contrast, all the IPL ads by Farah Khan are painful to endure and a colossal waste of the organisers' money.

Last edited by vinay kamath : 21st April 2013 at 15:44.
Old 21st April 2013, 18:45   #3134
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post

Spot on Sagar! I watched the ad yesterday evening on some channel and it immediately came to my mind that it deserves a place in this thread! The use of old gen Fiat (which actually is a Padmini- see orientation of wipers) adds nostalgia, trust and old connection of Indians with Fiat. I absolutely loved the closing lines. That inspires trust. Nice ad.
The same tactic was used by the VW Polo ad last season where the old gent and his old VW Golf were featured and then he gets reincarnated etc....

Another recent ad I like is the Voltas Aircon ad featuring Mr Murthy and Meenakshi..and Sambar Rice etc. These ads are sweet and do not try to stereotype the Southern Indian or portray them in a bad light or poke fun at them, the way most Ads and movies made by the Northern/ Western belt tend to do. I like the flavour of these ads.
Old 21st April 2013, 22:30   #3135
BHPian

IPL season is bring out horrible advts. Feel the creativity has taken a dive down mariana trench. These guys dont need a pepsi, but some chyavanaprash to rekindle their grey cells.

Priyanka chopra and gayle wasted in a pepsi ad. IMHO .

Last edited by benbsb29 : 22nd April 2013 at 05:45. Reason: Fixed video formatting issue.

Most Viewed