Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2014, 11:48   #3286
Distinguished - BHPian

I love the new AMG ad. The ad which defines "AMG=Ah My God".

My tata sky set top box has some issue and I'm not able to change channels and this ad is on channel 100 since morning.

The background score, the visuals and the abbreviation itself are so good that I get #ThatAMGfeeling

Old 27th July 2014, 12:54   #3287
BHPian

Re: The BEST & the WORST Advertisements on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I love the new AMG ad. The ad which defines "AMG=Ah My God".

My tata sky set top box has some issue and I'm not able to change channels and this ad is on channel 100 since morning.

The background score, the visuals and the abbreviation itself are so good that I get #ThatAMGfeeling
This was brilliant. In league with the Cafe Racer ad.

This is the contraption I saw on TV - Honda Mobilio - Boy this is irritating
Old 27th July 2014, 15:56   #3288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post

[b]This is the contraption I saw on TV - Honda Mobilio - Boy this is irritating
I've seen this commercial twice and I'm already irritated. This is way worse than Farah Khan's jumping jhapaang IPL commercials. No idea why Honda needs such lame commericals when it has such strong brand presence.
Old 28th July 2014, 10:57   #3289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Extremely irritating and illogical ad.Honda has a market presence and ads like this are only tarnishing their image, similar to what cars like Amaze and Mobilio are doing!!

Last edited by bblost : 28th July 2014 at 11:15. Reason: Removed embedded video
Old 28th July 2014, 11:09   #3290
Senior - BHPian

The new Honda ad I think drives home what they wanted to, include everyone in travel plans. It might not look that sophisticated though.

Its kind of copied from Toyota swagger ad according to the net.
Old 28th July 2014, 11:12   #3291
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
I've seen this commercial twice and I'm already irritated. This is way worse than Farah Khan's jumping jhapaang IPL commercials. No idea why Honda needs such lame commericals when it has such strong brand presence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Extremely irritating and illogical ad.Honda has a market presence and ads like this are only tarnishing their image, similar to what cars like Amaze and Mobilio are doing!!

What a pathetic ad! What were they thinking - everyone is a fan of yo-yo mumbo-jumbo!
Old 28th July 2014, 11:40   #3292
BHPian

I am still trying to decide which one is more ridiculous - Mobilio's pricing or its TV commercial .
That ad seems to have been shot in the 90s when it was cool to rap in silly Hindi lyrics ala Baba Sehgal.
Old 28th July 2014, 13:52   #3293
RYP
BHPian

Is this Honda, Is this the company which made a legend of an ad in 2003 ( The Cog).
They did two good things here,
1. Only Front and Back three quarters view are shown, side profile is the ugliest with rear hanging out like a sore thigh(?) . Thank god for not showing that.
2. They made the kids dance in front to hide the Brioish face, upto an extent.

This particular colour looks too bland on the Mobilio and this isn't helping either to oomph the appeal of the car. (Isn't an ad supposed do the exact opposite?). Carnelian Red Pearl would've atleast shown a premium image here- missed opportunity.
Last but not the least, from where do they sourced that BGM?. Mongolian tribals may be.
Old 28th July 2014, 14:01   #3294
BHPian

Liked this new ad from Dairy Milk (actually even old ad's of Dairy Milk were good too, sweet obsession). It's the other products like Shots etc which have awful advts.

Old 28th July 2014, 14:20   #3295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The last few seconds of the AD, you see three people sitting in the middle row and it clearly shows the cramped shoulder room, with 3 thin people there, I mean what were they thinking? Both with the Ad and their pricing.
Old 28th July 2014, 17:21   #3296
Distinguished - BHPian

Can't believe no one has put this gutter crap advert here.
A motorcycle without studs or chains ploughing through the Arctic ice. Leave alone studs or tyre chains, its a motorcycle for God's sake.

Penguins!!! OMG, penguins in Arctic.
The model exposes his face to the elements and blows into his hands for warmth a la indian hill station. And he washes his face ??? In Arctic?
Let alone washing with water there, the way he exposes his face is guarentee enough for frostbite.

Did the admakers think that people are so dumb... There are ads that are fantasied worlds, but this...

Last edited by DicKy : 28th July 2014 at 17:25.
Old 29th July 2014, 12:17   #3297
Senior - BHPian

Agree with the Honda Mobilio comments, truely a highly irritating ad, can't imagine Honda went that route. I had the misfortune of seeing the ad translated to Marathi as well, and there was a sudden search for remote to change the channel ASAP. It's just awkward.

About ZMA ad, yep, its stupid. But their ads have always been stupid. The next ad will show a model jumping on Mars to repair Curiocity robot. But the background music of this ad is the saving grace (somewhat!).
Old 29th July 2014, 23:53   #3298
BHPian

Another pathetic ad by Airtel. Beautifully shot ad though but I have no idea what they are trying to convey and how this is even related to their 4G network. Looks like as if they are trying too hard to make stupid ads.

Old 30th July 2014, 00:12   #3299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post

Did the admakers think that people are so dumb... There are ads that are fantasied worlds, but this...
in the fine disclaimer line below the ad the last few words read : "Special tyres used which are not available commercially".

And why in the world they start the ad with the ship getting stuck? I just can't get what purpose it has. Finally, he goes and shoots pictures of the Northern Lights, so does it mean that the ship was just going there for that purpose?

Plain stupid.

-Bhargav
Old 1st August 2014, 17:36   #3300
BHPian

I've had a very peculiar sense of detail for every motorcycle advertisement that airs on television. I can't help but notice that whenever the throttle is wrung, a simple commuter bike makes that distinctive inline 4 engine noise. The TVS extreme and the Yamaha fz 2.0 ads are indicative of my observations. I know something as silly as this makes no difference to the average viewer but as an enthusiast, it's highly annoying and misleading, it makes me cringe everytime. It's like advertising a suzuki swift that sounds like a V8.

Most Viewed