Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2007, 03:18   #136
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone remember the AIWA ad where people would greet each other saying AIWA. . i really liked that ad nd it got a lot of people saying AIWA to each other.

btw i found this really old gold spot ad on youtube

also found a lot of old amul butter ads here YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Last edited by khanak : 21st March 2007 at 03:34.
Old 21st March 2007, 19:50   #137
BHPian

the dicor has very good background music, any info on it would be helpful, I really like that track
Old 22nd March 2007, 01:24   #138
BHPian

best-nike add the cricket one
wost-pepsi crciket add.
Old 22nd March 2007, 18:27   #139
BHPian

oh yes i love the background score on the nike cricket add where they are playing on bus roofs anol..
and btw the new add with yuvraj morphing into a tiger anol.. wat is it reebok? pepsi? .. it is one of the worst on tv at the moment man
Old 23rd March 2007, 13:39   #140
Team-BHP Support

Been a long time since this thread started.. but then again.. bad ads dont die.. do they?

Some from the current crop of them :

1.) The Pepsi ad, with them players (??) running, and then turning into tigers??
2.) Rani Mukherjee ads.. and i mean ALL of them ..!! The mosquito something ad had me literally screaming my head off..!! Munch .. munch... thats her eating our brains there...
3.) The Apache ad with the bike chasing some cars... bad as it is... but then why make the damned gal come out of the car.. and the guy take off his helmet? S*cks.!!
4.) The HDFC ads for "Sar uthake jiyo..." Irritating.. specially when it keeps getting shown thrice in the space of 5 mins.
Old 23rd March 2007, 14:32   #141
BHPian

best ad- the nike cricket one...just awsome. also that advertising standards council of india ad...hehehe, i saw it once and starting LOL'in.
worst ads- ahh too many...oh yeah, can they PLEASE stop showing that stayfree pads ad every other time...i mean, yes i understand that women need hygiene, but please i think the point gets across with just showing it once or twice.

Hey i miss the pepsi tv ads though, the ones with kareena and priyanka getting all hot and sweaty
Old 23rd March 2007, 15:02   #142
Team-BHP Support

I love that Nike cricket ad. It's simply amazing! Real creative and very apt for India.

at the other end of the spectrum you have the boring Pepsi gold ad and that rubbish Visa ad that keep repeating. I think the Indian viewer has moved past the days of a silly song and a bunch of people in a stadium.
Old 23rd March 2007, 16:41   #143
Senior - BHPian

I really like the ad for some chewing gum in which they hold the midget after he sees the mafia throwing the body over the bridge! Really funny!!! BTW is it Saif Ali Khan in the ad? Looks remarkably like him.

Another one I like is the new Hutch ad about the size of their tariff plans, really cute & well put!
Old 23rd March 2007, 16:48   #144
Senior - BHPian

I like the CANDYMAN ad which is being shown during the World Cup matches..!!!
Old 24th March 2007, 09:05   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
rubbish Visa ad that keep repeating. I think the Indian viewer has moved past the days of a silly song and a bunch of people in a stadium.
Yea I agree thats probably the worst ad iv seen. Not only is it incredibly annoying but it doesnt even get the visa brandname into your head. I didnt even realize its a visa ad until i saw it a couple of times.

Besides this the Travelchacha.com ad looks like it was made by somoene whose never used a camera or written a script before.

One ad that i really liked is the Ashok Leyland ad where the Ashok Leyland is so obsessed with trucks that he does lots of stuff with his kid and everything involves a truck.

Also the Chlormint ad - "Bhaiyya Aap Chlormint kyu khaate ho" - "Dubaara Mat Poochna" is really good.
Old 26th March 2007, 09:55   #146
Senior - BHPian

anyone seen the new BINGO ad where the guys teaching you tamil....its really funny, gets your attention, and the name of the product gets stuck in your mind...another really good ad.
Old 26th March 2007, 14:44   #147
BHPian

the new Karizma ad is dumb...that too its only a sticker job. The Naukri.com ad is a favorite of mine...the Nokia N-series ads arent bad but i see less of those on tv. Yatra.com ad is ok...waht is that visa ad u guys are talking about??? i cant even recall seeing that one..
Old 26th March 2007, 16:38   #148
Senior - BHPian

How abt the new santro advt featuring SRK and Zinta.... criminal waste of money and resources. Absolutely ridiculous.
Old 26th March 2007, 16:51   #149

i like this Honda Civic ad... link from youtube
Old 26th March 2007, 16:53   #150
BHPian

I like the TimesJob.com advt. - "Salary making you feel small" as I can empathise with the guy in the advt..... even though I doubt I'll use the service of Timesjob.com.
The new Hutch advts on the 3 rate plans is nice. Good message execution.

Not-so-good advts -
American Express advt with Little B (Abhishek). What is the advt message, God only knows!
Some interior decor advt, where the family forces a friend of the husband to come see their house. Really dumb far-fetched ridiculous sequence.

I really do not see anything great of most of the celebrity advts. Most of the best advts are those done by non-celebrities.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks