Team-BHP - Narmada Bachao Andolan
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Narmada Bachao Andolan (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/12378-narmada-bachao-andolan.html)

I felt quite strongly about BJP's/Modi's behaviour vis a vis Amir's behaviour and wanted to check out your opinion.

I feel Amir is absolutely right and is putting forth his views in a civilixed manner, while i am scared that if you do not agree with Modi then your posters/dummies will be burnt. Since it was Amir, BJP did not dare to touch him, but had it been a normal person, he would have been killed.

It appears like a rightful movement getting hijacked by political parties on either side.

And please dont bring in Arundhati Roy on this poll topic. I am bound to vote in BJP favour then.

I would wanna increase the height of the DAM coz then ppl of kutch and all will get their water and the purpose of the DAM (electricity and all) will be met. BUT rehabilitation is the FIRST step no one can deny that, i beleive the GOVT has to have a plan and implement it ASAP i'm with NBA on this

OT, why is it called narmada bachao andolan, when it's about rehabilitation?

first of all. Please add the major oppsotion candidate in this narmada thingy namely Medha Patkar.

My maternal uncle works for this project. Modi government is doing pretty much the best they can for the state.

certainly with the dam being built there are bound to be some rehabilitations but then who ever thought that the waters of Narmada can make Kutch a greener place.

Before voting ask yourself. what is right?

letting some hundreds live in their own place and let thousands die of thirst?
or
Relocating of some hundreds but sending water to thousands?

there will be some side effects of every good deed. look at the extra power generated.

Ahmedabad had been so dry recently that temps used to reach above 45degrees and water was scarce. Our underground water resource for the colony(water bore) was on a dangerously low level despite the first water conservation reserve of its kind being a first in our colony.

http://www.rainwaterharvesting.org/c...ws_gujarat.htm

The percolation well is axually my dad's:I Rule: (the secretary of the colony then) and the then chairman's idea.

Its the narmada waters.

that the always dry sabarmati river is now full of water
the kankaria lake is full
the chandola lake is full
the vastrapur lake is full
the water levels have come up
People now have water to drink
The narmada canal that goes upto katch is full.

Aamir khan...edited.... Let him better be off what he is, a good actor.

I dont support Narendra Modi or any politician but I certainly see the narmada Yojna doing tons of good to the state.

Aamir khan ...edited.... Let him better be off what he is, a good actor.

I dont support Narendra Modi or any politician but I certainly see the narmada Yojna doing tons of good to the state.[/quote]

agree:
bang on buddy could not have put it in better words.... most of these celebrities look for nothing but cheap publicity. where are they when some low profile agitation takes place???

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
letting some hundreds live in their own place and let thousands die of thirst?
or
Relocating of some hundreds but sending water to thousands?

Devarshi, no one is opposing the dam as such. People are saying that don't construct the dam at the expense of people. If rehabilitation is done properly, not many will have any issues. Even SC is saying the same in their verdict and I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r
Well, it's true, isn't it? I mean, he called a spade a spade.

point 1. Such a statement from a celebrity can arouse riots again or may atleast deteriorate a delicate situation. That is an irresponsible and stupid statement to give.

point 2. edited

so I pease urge people to not speak unless they ar full aware of the situation or have lived in gujarat and experienced it. It will just make the situation worse.

Riots are never a loss of just one side or two sides but a whole nation.

Amir khan is a stupid person and a racist *ss. period.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX135
Devarshi, no one is opposing the dam as such. People are saying that don't construct the dam at the expense of people. If rehabilitation is done properly, not many will have any issues. Even SC is saying the same in their verdict and I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

Well THey are given the new lands and space. Certainly government cant react the way a private company can and yes the farmers may get less than what they had before. I wouldnt like this and pity them but then I am also happy that 1000s others are on their way to prosperity.

Just tell me what is medha patkars Benefit if this dam stops? She certainly is no social worker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
edited.

Amir Khan is not a fool to stand up to the administration. He is not doing fasting gimicks to get votes, he is standing up for poor ppl and there is nothing wrong in it.
In Delhi shops are being demolished due to court orders, several bjp leaders including khurana have come out to save those shops. Now removing these shops is great for 15 crore delhites who commute on small roads daily, but at the same time we have to see the plight of the shop owners too. Get the point???

Quote:

Originally Posted by aseem
I am sure with leaders like Modi and Togadia hailing saffron flags outside their offices and police and courts in Ahmedabad which are known for swift justice, edited.:

yeah they are not feeling insecure at all.:) and where did u see the flags? please post pics.

how many times have u axually been to ahmedabad? I have lived here for 20 years since birth.

and please lets get back to the topic.

Well, in most of the developed countries, Govt/private companies have to pay a heavy price for affecting people. If you remember, there was a movie(Eric Brokovich) based on a real incident wherein a private chemical company in US had to pay large penalties to people for contaminating ground water. Compare this to India - Union Carbide, Pepsi/Coke (depleting ground water) and now SS dam.

1. While it is important to provide water and electricity to people, it is also important not to create conditions where a section of people get alienated from state and resort to extreme steps.

Look in kashmir and NE. Extreme poverty and denial of fundamental rights led to people taking to arms against the state.
Look at Naxalites. Their support base is derived from poor farmers and adivasis who are at the mercy of corrupt administrations.

It is to the credit of displaced folks, that they have not turned violent. Look in delhi - people whose shops were sealed frequently turned violent.

2. Has the govt studied the impact of the dam on the reqion from a earthquake point of view? This area is prone to large quakes, and what if dam develops a large crack? my guess is a large region will be flooded.

3. Since the region is quite close to Pak border, destroying the dam would be a good military strategy from a paki point of view. Will result in flooding and may bring transport system to halt - allowing paki forces to easily enter gujrat from kutch.

While it is important to build a dam, we need to take everyone along and that is where the central/state govts have failed.

Aseem, Dev - TBHP does not tolerate any remarks cocerning race, religion or caste. I have edited both your posts as well as others to this effect.

Devarishi, I am having an argument with an online NBA activist who is giving analogies like "If you are killed, your body parts can save 10 people etc.,). I suggest you check it out here.
You can give a comment even if you are not on LJ
http://fatmuttony.livejournal.com/94304.html

I think these so called "social activists" .. are hired by political parties just to pursue lofty political goals. I wont take the names, but all of these so called "activists" are nothing but Page 3 party goers, who you will see "fasting" at jantar mantar in morning, and enjoying Kababas with beer at nights in some party.
I just HATE them. Feel free to edit my post mods, if i sounded a bit rude.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX135
And please dont bring in Arundhati Roy on this poll topic. I am bound to vote in BJP favour then.

I am with you here. I almost voted for the second option before seeing Arundhati Roy in the list. Now I am abstaining from voting.