Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2004, 14:06   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

hey guys
takin ure advise
pasiin in all till now.
try 2 sleep as early as posible.
i kept one red bull at home and have loads of centre shocks and coffee .
rj i am a 15 yr old student so i dont do anythin but go 2 skool
Old 1st July 2004, 14:18   #17
Tom
BHPian

Nice advice tellin a 15yr old to have a vodka to keep him awake for an exam...LOL
Why study so much dude? Dont over stress the brain too much it wuld work better. School/college days are probably the best days in life so enjoy it while it lasts.

When i was ur age i was busy chasing the girls, playing BB,cricket, tennis and stealing my bro's RD at night.

Old 1st July 2004, 20:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Tom @ July 01 2004,12:48)]Nice advice tellin a 15yr old to have a vodka to keep him awake for an exam...LOL
Why study so much dude? Dont over stress the brain too much it wuld work better. School/college days are probably the best days in life so enjoy it while it lasts.

No point studying all night staying up with energy drinks!

Old 1st July 2004, 22:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

well here's a more scandalous offer for staying awake when u feel sleepy....

get a binocular and scan the area outside ur window ..mite just not study whole nite !!!!!! *
normally_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2004, 22:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

LOL normally_crazy....
Old 2nd July 2004, 22:10   #21
Sam
BHPian

Ok do u really want an energy drink or is it just a stimulant that u require. I cud prescribe some nasty ones...U will be awake ur whole life.
My opinion the best energy drink is Snapple... Its energy not caffine like all the others.
Old 3rd July 2004, 03:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] I cud prescribe some nasty ones...U will be awake ur whole life.
I know what u thinking pal....

... amphetamines....lol... every doc's best friend before exams.

Revv
Old 8th June 2011, 10:01   #23
BHPian

re: Energy drinks

Hey!

Nice to see even this topic covered in our TBHP!

I was wondering if anybody has come across Relentless in India?

I used love this over any other energy drink in the UK

High Energy Drink, Natural Energy Drink | Devotion - Relentless

Here's the link to my favourite drink.

My colleague had a Suzuki GSXR Relentless edition. That's how I found the drink in the first place.

I used to love their slogan "NO HALF MEASURES"
Old 8th June 2011, 10:26   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
If I was in your place, I wouldn't be drinking any of these energy drinks. They'd ruin my body clock and I wouldn't want that to happen during my exams. Sleep early, get good sleep and wake up early. That's the best thing to do.

Sane advice here!! Just plain lipton iced tea will work wonders else prepare it yourself at home in the afternoon and refrigerate it - green tea makes my mind sharp and really alert yet doesn't mess my metabolism or digestive system. I find many times more effective than redbull or any other drink.

These energy drinks can ruin your subtle inner sense of harmony and balance leaving you agitated and restless, in contrast to a simple home brew of iced green tea.

Tip: Add a teaspoon of leaves when water boils and immediately switch off gas then soak the tea leaves for 5 mins with a lid. Pour over honey when water is below 90 degrees celcius, then leave to cool. Boiling water on honey destroys its medicinal value.

--Ragul
Old 8th June 2011, 18:01   #25
BHPian

There is definately a technique around drinking energy drinks in preperation for exams.

Things to consider.

1/ drinking energy drinks will keep you awake, but the hours you stay up will have to be made up for later. Your body will make sure that you do.

2/ these things are not at all healthy or good for you. FYI

The technique I used with geat sucess is as follows. Whatever time the exam is, make sure you're awake for 6 hours before hand. This 6 hours needs to be taken into consideration when deciding how much caffeine and sugar to ingest. 6 hours before - you're up and get ready, do a few hours of revision (not study! you;ve already learned everything you're only revising) go to the exam venue and revise for minimum 2 hours directly before the exam and go in.

In my opinion, the information will be extremely fresh, you'll be nicely rested and prepared for your exam.

I once learned a semester of business law in 24 hours using this technique good luck for your exams
Old 12th June 2022, 21:20   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
hey guys
exams beginin this wed
need that extra boost of energy
any one noe any good energy drink that will keep u goin fo hours ..
apart from coffee
also cant be very ill be buyin 8 - 10 .
also when i wen shoppin day i saw this can of becks
any idea what becks is.
also any home made recipies tht keep u awake will do
plz help
thnx

Mr Lambo did you start a enegry drink company just to satisfy your urge.

Guess what i found. I was looking at a thread to post my finding. What a coincidence.

Energy drinks-876de7ce1cab4a53bb9e82f255b8b360.jpeg

Energy drinks-5c0d6b18d3de4f9daadb3cd5e4cfb440.jpeg

Ps: i did not purchase it, not an energy drink guy.

Last edited by SideView : 12th June 2022 at 21:24. Reason: Typo
SideView is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 22:06   #27
Senior - BHPian

Didn't know such a thread existed! Here are my experiences:

1) Sting: It's the best I've ever tried till date. I was in Buddh International Circuit for the 2018 SAE Supra. Needles to say, I had two bottles (which is supposed to be the limit) and I ended up being super active the whole day - running back and forth with various things, I walked about 21.5 kms that day in the hot sun (according to the steps recorded in my phone) and went to bed only at 12 AM. TBH, I was super fresh even when I went to bed and I had got up at 5 earlier that day.

2) Monster energy: Wanted Sting or Red Bull, but only had this option on the restaurant we stopped at. It was night and we wanted something to keep us awake as we had to reach the same night. Not the effect that I had hoped- was too tired to drive and at the same time couldn't sleep either. Disaster honestly. Me and my dad switched about 5-6 times in the course of 300kms to make it home safely. Tried tea and coffee too. Honestly, there's nothing to substitute sleep and we stopped such practices.

3) Tata Glucon plus: used to drink in college when I felt sleepy. Gives you a good energy kick which lasts till I reach home. Basically flavoured glucose drink.

5) Red Bull: Didn't get a chance to try it because I never found one when I needed it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks