Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What do you say about this marketing trick?
Yes, good offer - would actually help. 31 50.82%
Won't make any difference. 21 34.43%
Desperate step. 9 14.75%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2007, 10:53   #16
Team-BHP Support

Many companies including HSBC.HDFC/Stan chart etc., offer credit cards which can be used at any petrol pump without the 2.5% fee. I don't see much value in such a card. Its just a marketing gimmick.
Old 27th April 2007, 11:09   #17
BHPian

Thanks every one..

Thanks all..

By the way one more question..

Has anyone been charged annual fees eventhough they say that it is life time free??

And one more complaint, what I heard from my friend was, they dont clear your cheques on time.. but finally impose late penalty fees on the customer.. This is ridiculous and for no fault of us, we will be penalised...

I had terrible experiences with the other credit card that I owned a few months back(SCB card) ... Initially they said that it was a free card and finally Rs 3000 was imposed as annaul fees for the first year itself..:

That day I decided not to own any credit cards. But finally I have ended up with this auto card.. dont know what will happen ... any ways thanks all once again.. for ur feedbacks...

Coming back to my Swift vxi... Its good and the mileage is about 10.7 Km/L for the first full tank.. Hope it will improve(atleast to 12). But the only big problem is... "Rattling anywhere and everywhere" ... hope that also gets fixed in the first service...(Too optimistic ah??)..

Sathya

Last edited by DCEite : 7th December 2007 at 21:57. Reason: Extra smilies
Old 27th April 2007, 14:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Thanks all..

Has anyone been charged annual fees eventhough they say that it is life time free??
Always read through the TERMS AND CONDITIONS very carefully. Its says 'It implies that the card is free for life under the condition that the user makes transactions of atleast 5000 per year' the amount varies for every bank. But thats a fine print in most of the cards.
Old 27th April 2007, 15:03   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Always read through the TERMS AND CONDITIONS very carefully. Its says 'It implies that the card is free for life under the condition that the user makes transactions of atleast 5000 per year' the amount varies for every bank. But thats a fine print in most of the cards.
Is that so?? Actually I went through the terms and conditions.. was unable to fing this line.... Could you please tell me where is it??
Thanks for your hint!!
Sathya
Old 26th June 2007, 09:18   #20
BHPian

What is a petro card? Almost any credit card offers a 2.5% to 5% discount if you use them to fill up. How different is it? Any stories from users?
Old 7th December 2007, 21:26   #21
BANNED

That Card which came with your car.

Most car manufacturers send us a card which we get a couple of weeks after we take delivery of our shining new cars. The cards (Maruti, the manufacturer of my car calls them autocards) are actually credit cards, and are usually issued by some bank; They claim no monthly fees.
Can anybody share their experiences with such cards?
I am specifically asking about those credit cards which you get because you purchased a new car; not those which you went and applied because you wanted a credit card.
I have not started using mine yet - I already have couple of ATM-debit cards, and most of my vehicle related transactions are cash and only the rare transaction is paid for through the debit card.
During the "processing" stage, and all throughout, we were told that this is an "autocard"; and it is only after receiving this thinggy and the accompanying small print that we realised that this is actually a credit card; and it looks like we need to open an account with an MNC bank to actually get to use it. The reasoning goes like this:- to use it if it, it has to be "charged"; to charge it, I need to "contact the nearest branch"; who obviously will ask me to open an account (which I do need).
That means I have actually wasted my time with the card process; and they have wasted their time and efforts getting me to use this thing.

Can those of you who actually use such cards please share their experiences? Do these card provide any benefit over and above those provided by normal credit / debit cards, apart from "lifetime free membership"?
NB:- I did not find any thread on this subject.

Note from mod: Topic merged with existing thread.

Last edited by DCEite : 7th December 2007 at 21:50. Reason: Topic merged with existing thread.
Old 8th December 2007, 11:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

I don't know if this is mentioned here but the Autocard is given only to individual owners. Corporate owned cars like mine don't qualify. That is what I was told by S.K.Maruti when I enquired about the card at the time of first service.
Old 8th December 2007, 13:48   #23
BHPian

I got this card when I bought my Swift. I would say it is useful.
I am using this for fuel refill at an IOC which is one of the good quality bump near by. Also using it for all my credit card purchases and Swift Services charges.

I got all those points redeemed against my MASS service charges.

So It is good for me.

I do had bad experience with my savings account with Citi earlier. Now so far no issues with this card. Paying the dues well in advance too.
Old 8th December 2007, 20:34   #24
BANNED

So we do require an account with citi to use this thing? What about other car manufacturers?
Old 8th December 2007, 23:29   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

On taking delivery of my Swift we were subjected to a presentation about this 'auto card'. I was very curt, and cut it short; recognising it as a credit card and I do not want a credit card. I think it is being improperly marketed.

We received several phone calls after the event, trying to interest us in this card; we told them No, No, NO! On the last occasion I played the guy along a bit; eventually (I don't know what triggered it, so long into the call) he asked if I was an Indian citizen. I told him, no, I am not. He immediately got shirty with me as if I'd been wasting his time! No matter, I haven't heard from them again since.

I didn't want a credit card. Just recently I found it impossible to book online with the airlines that I needed to take domestic flights on without having an Indian credit card --- so now I do, but I'll go to our bank.

There is only one reason to market credit cards at people: they are getting a cut of the money that the bank issuing the card is making. Maybe I didn't take time to evaluate any possible benefit in this card, but I resented the pitch.
Old 11th December 2007, 09:50   #26
BHPian

Not quite what they promise !

I have the Maruti autocard for more than a year. I don't think it is any
more beneficial than any other credit card. Maruti don't have the network
ready to make much sense of all their promises. You can't use the
reward points at most of their service stations ("they aren't set up for it
yet"), only, perhaps, at some dealers. You don't accrue the promised
reward points for service/insurance etc. automatically either, -- you have
to keep your eyes open and fight for it (and that doesn't always work
either)! Anyway, if you can't use the reward points except at some dealer
points, it doesn't make much difference whether you actually accrue
them or not ! I just use the card like any other credit card. It is no use at
tanking up times also, if you don't go to IOC pumps. However, the card
is free, and you shouldn't need a Citibank account to get it.
Old 11th December 2007, 11:47   #27
BHPian

Yes, there is no need to open an account in citibank.
If the "agent" is still asking to open a savings account, its probably because he/she would get a cut on that too, considering that you would have to maintain a min balance in that account and the bank would earn interest on it.
Although I declined their offer for a card, but they anyway never asked for opening an account in citibank
Old 11th December 2008, 12:06   #28
BHPian

Guys, does anyone know whether Green Cars (Koramangala, Bangalore) participates in this Autocard programme. Can I redeem my Auto points against service done over there?
Old 24th February 2009, 18:00   #29
BANNED

Hi,
I had the same problem.I had refer 2 of my friends.Unforunately both took the car from DD motors Mayapuri,New Delhi.They have refused to offer the points or the gift to their customers.We had a Very Bad experience.Maruti Should make a Note of this And take action.Why Should they run such a programme,if they cant keep the promise.

""I had so many problem with Maruti Auto card...Its a absolute waste of time.None of maruti workshop or outlets know how to use it.In turn Create more problems.Their Customer service is Worst.I am Fed up with this Nonsense card ""

Jude

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th February 2009 at 18:49. Reason: please dont type in bold
Old 30th July 2009, 16:24   #30
Team-BHP Support

MUL is tying up with SBI and Citibank association is going to be withdrawn by Dec end 2009, all the loyalty points and previlages will be carried forward to the new card.

Received the letter informing same from MUL.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks