Team-BHP - American vs Japanese vs European car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   American vs Japanese vs European car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/12519-american-vs-japanese-vs-european-car.html)

hi all.

TO OUR HONOURABLE MODS,MEMBERS,CAR ENTHUSIASTS.

can you pls throw the light ?

what is the comparison between AMERICAN vs JAPANESE vs EUROPIAN cars?
pls try to give facts about all drama.

cause,i'm in confusion from sometime.

one year ago i've brought OPTRA & very happy with my decision.

[i had test driven almost all sedan in that segment,in conclusion i take OPTRA.
i don't see any negative poins in my car.on the contrary i had fallen in love with my car for it's driving comfort,road presence,plush feel of interior etc.]

from that very day, when i meet any friend, we always indulge in comparison between japanese car vs american cars.
they always curse GM,FORD and always favour HONDA,TOYOTA or any japanese cars.although they respect europian cars like MERCEDES,BMW.

WHY ?
can you throw light buddies ?
we can discuss pros & cons of both side.

[one thing is sure,i am here to discuss both the side with open mind.
even i know that OPTRA is sell in U.S. under brandname of SUZUKI FORENZA.
and it's formarly sold as DAEWOO NUBIRA]

thanx . . . .BOB

Bob, you sure like to start flamewars, isnt it? ;) There was a very long heated debate regarding this sometime back on T-BHP (with yours truely involved as well).

id say be happy and enjoy what u have rather than fall into comparisons of different brands, countires etc etc.

in humans "nothing in life is perfect when human nature dwells to be relative"

Japanese cars are -

Dude, there has aldready been a rough-up before when discussing this topic.

buy a car for what it is . avoid indulging in gaga over jap cars ... the current crop of accords,civics,camry's are superior to their american counterparts . but they also come at a 'superior' price .... do your math and see what works for you .... anything under 1lac km(which even a tata can do) and you might not recieve any of the 'jap car' benefits.

Cheers!!

To me
American Cars

Crazy Power
Fuel guzzler.
Not that impressive in looks field. (Ford GT 40 Is in exception)
Not much on Gadgets
Above POWER

If Power is what drives you then look no further then an American Car. Power like Dodge, Corvette, Chryslers and all.

Europian Cars
Technically Advanced
Innovative (Everything)
Stylish
Elegant , Rich taste, and a gentleman and lady type cars.

They are the cream segments like your Mercedes , BMWs , Audi , or what not. Might add that they are the innovative lots , once who gave us ABS braking, Keyless entry , Air Bags.

Japanese cars

They are the best amongst the lot when it comes to Value for money.
Cheap on maintaining.
Cheap to Use.

With no hard feeling but I believe that they are a copy cats in many grounds sometimes looks and mostly technology once Europeans are out with a tech it doesn’t take long for these bunch to incorporate that in their machine.

European Cars rule (specially German and Italian)... far superior in all aspects (build, performance, fuel efficiency, I MEAN everything... lov the beemers)

American Cars Suck... worst looks, not at all reliable, gas gusslers (although some are powerful)

Jap/korean cars... are cheap immitations of cars from all over the world, the quality of material used to build the cars is cheap, however excellent reliability and great fuel effeciency.

American cars

- Over powered

- No styling...at all what so ever

- Too bouncy...suspension sucks

- Over powered....no control for power

- Makes your neighbour laugh at you if you own one!

European cars

-
Form and for people who have good taste

- The cars for gentlemen

- Makes your neighbours Jealous!

Japanese cars

-
Cheap cost of maintainence..easliy affordable

- Good resale value (LOL)

- Doesn't make your neighbour Jealous even if you own one.

Hi,

You forgot Korean cars, which is what your "Chevy" Optra is.

No offence, but for a long time, I thought badge engineering was really funny, & really couldn't figure out how companies would sell their products with different badging across the world & actually expect people to fall for their "wool over the eyes" routine 'till I read your post.

It's strange that people actually go around believing that they're purchasing & using something which it's not. In your case, you really seem to think that you're driving an American car, when it's simply a rebadged Daewoo Nubira - styled in Italy & built in Korea, primarily for Korean sales.

Once again, I hope that I haven't hurt your feelings with my post - I'm just seriously surprised.

Ciao!

I was driving around a 2k miles old camry around in US recently. There was some rattling in the door. Was also driving a nasty ford tarus around. ford gave me a pain in my neck every time i applied brake or accelerated. Camry was way too soft for highways.
Though the jap was way more refined, i guess, at 20k budget i would settle for a second hand audi a4.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elf
Hi,

You forgot Korean cars, which is what your "Chevy" Optra is.

Ciao!

hi elf

thanx for reply.

i haven't forgot that it's korian car, you pls see thread again.

thanx . . .BOB

Are the European cars really that good? I have always heard about people going gaga over their "tasteful"/"superior engineering" factor..

Some of the feedback I've heard from my friends owning Volkswagens in the US is that they do require quite a bit of maintenance post the 30K miles mark.. And have niggling problems such as rattles, etc..

Of course, that is just one example.. But, do we have any solid facts that prove they are way better?

They do look way cooler than the American/Japanese cars though..

Style, superior technology are all relative. An eye catching style today is dated tomorrow.

When people buy a new car, the all excitement for style/performance/technology remains for just 1-2 years.

After that the car is used just as TV or microwave [you use it - but no longer excited about it].

So, what matters most is reliability.

That's where Japanese cars beat everyone hands down.

American cars = luxury, home on wheels, use and throw
European cars = top performer, enjoy, push to limit and throw
Japanese cars = ride & keep

You may note that majority of American manufacturers are now leaning towards cheap, fuel efficient and compact cars. That because world auto market is hugely dominated by European and Japanese cars.

:)

American cars today are new cars made on the same concept 40 years ago. Crude build, big engines are their main features. GM,Ford and Chrysler never learned to innovate due to absence of competition. Their assets would be long-term VFM cars.

European cars are better built, adequately powered, Dont cut on metal and are made to compete. In Europe most of the car manufacturers Jumped up during the same time. the competition brought out the best in them. but reliability has taken a backseat in the recent times and Europeans never learnt to keep their costs in control.

Japanese cars are known for just two things Best engines and best imitations. they know how to cut costs in a European car and sell it at a cheaper price but still make 15% more profit.