Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2012, 12:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

Indian Air Force exhibition at Orion Mall, Bangalore on Sep 8th and 9th

i was all excited when i heard that there was going to be a exhibition by the Indian Air Force at the Orion Mall on Sep 8th and 9th. being from military family and having served in the NCC during college days, i was all geared up for nostalgia!

some of the events and displays that were there at the venue:
  • Physical Training (PT) team display
  • Flight demonstration of model helicopter and eye-in-the-sky spycam
  • Air Warriors Drill Squad display
  • Flight simulators
  • History of IAF
  • Stalls displaying various aircrafts and weaponry
  • Fashion show depicting the various uniforms of the IAF over the years

here are some pictures and videos i had taken when i was there:

IAF Symphony Orchestra getting ready:
Indian Air Force exhibition at Orion Mall, Bangalore on Sep 8th and 9th-img_1735.jpg

IAF PT team getting ready:
Indian Air Force exhibition at Orion Mall, Bangalore on Sep 8th and 9th-img_1737.jpg

IAF PT team in action:
Indian Air Force exhibition at Orion Mall, Bangalore on Sep 8th and 9th-img_1738.jpg

inside the mall:
Indian Air Force exhibition at Orion Mall, Bangalore on Sep 8th and 9th-img_1748.jpg

the platform for the Fashion Show:
Name:  IMG_1749.JPG
Views: 2293
Size:  190.1 KB

'em simulators. seeing the crowd waiting to get a piece of the excitement, i decided to not join the line.
Indian Air Force exhibition at Orion Mall, Bangalore on Sep 8th and 9th-img_1750.jpg
Indian Air Force exhibition at Orion Mall, Bangalore on Sep 8th and 9th-img_1751.jpg
Indian Air Force exhibition at Orion Mall, Bangalore on Sep 8th and 9th-img_1752.jpg

aircraft models on display:
Indian Air Force exhibition at Orion Mall, Bangalore on Sep 8th and 9th-img_1753.jpg
Indian Air Force exhibition at Orion Mall, Bangalore on Sep 8th and 9th-img_1754.jpg
Indian Air Force exhibition at Orion Mall, Bangalore on Sep 8th and 9th-img_1755.jpg
Indian Air Force exhibition at Orion Mall, Bangalore on Sep 8th and 9th-img_1756.jpg

various weaponry and air defense vehicles (radar/SAM):
Indian Air Force exhibition at Orion Mall, Bangalore on Sep 8th and 9th-img_1759.jpg
Indian Air Force exhibition at Orion Mall, Bangalore on Sep 8th and 9th-img_1760.jpg
Indian Air Force exhibition at Orion Mall, Bangalore on Sep 8th and 9th-img_1763.jpg

aircraft (flyable) models on display:
Indian Air Force exhibition at Orion Mall, Bangalore on Sep 8th and 9th-img_1761.jpg
Indian Air Force exhibition at Orion Mall, Bangalore on Sep 8th and 9th-img_1762.jpg

various displays detailing the IAF's past and present (including the different theaters of war they've participated):
Indian Air Force exhibition at Orion Mall, Bangalore on Sep 8th and 9th-img_1764.jpg

there was a big screen in the middle of the mall showing videos about the IAF:
Indian Air Force exhibition at Orion Mall, Bangalore on Sep 8th and 9th-img_1771.jpg
Indian Air Force exhibition at Orion Mall, Bangalore on Sep 8th and 9th-img_1767.jpg
Indian Air Force exhibition at Orion Mall, Bangalore on Sep 8th and 9th-img_1768.jpg
Indian Air Force exhibition at Orion Mall, Bangalore on Sep 8th and 9th-img_1769.jpg

more aircraft models (bigger ones), including the recently acquired C-130 Hercules:
Indian Air Force exhibition at Orion Mall, Bangalore on Sep 8th and 9th-img_1770.jpg
Indian Air Force exhibition at Orion Mall, Bangalore on Sep 8th and 9th-img_1776.jpg

IAF Symphony Orchestra getting ready to play:
Indian Air Force exhibition at Orion Mall, Bangalore on Sep 8th and 9th-img_1785.jpg

i'm sure many young minds would be aspiring to join the IAF after what they witnessed at Orion.

PS: i don't have all the events covered. if someone has the Symphony Orchestra in action and the Fashion Show, do share.

PPS: apologies for the picture quality; the whole thing was shot with my iPhone

Last edited by IronH4WK : 11th September 2012 at 20:48.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 09:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Indian Air Force exhibition at Orion Mall, Bangalore on Sep 8th and 9th

This is one of the rare occassions where the Armed Forces have come out of it's sheild and tried to connect with the common man and the society. There are many myths about the armed forces and it's personnel, the IAF most probably have tried to clear those myths and attract the youth to join the IAF.

The people of Bangalore are lucky to have such a golden oppurtunity to know more about the IAF, it's capabilities, the equipments, the live drills etc. and the people must be thrilled to get an experience of the simulators and the IAF gaming arcade.

I personally feel that every Indian should know about the Armed Forces, our Force; the quality of life, a fighter’s career and the challenges before him, the dedication of the armed forces personnel and their sacrifice for the country.

Indeed they make us proud.
Old 12th September 2012, 11:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

Great PR action by the IAF. Given the current turmoil, economically, I would say join the Forces and forget the fear of job loss or pay reduction! On the other hand, I still crib about the way they scrutinize the applications and their century old recruitment policies. I am sorry, but I have personally suffered, hence this gripe. Well, sooner or later, i guess I will return to India and join the TA (Territorial Army).

"A Fauji never dies!" "Nabham Sparsham dhiviptham" - Touch the sky with Glory
Old 12th September 2012, 11:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Well, sooner or later, i guess I will return to India and join the TA (Territorial Army).

"A Fauji never dies!" "Nabham Sparsham dhiviptham" - Touch the sky with Glory
lemme know when you're applying, i'm thinking in the same lines

if there was no age restriction, i'd join the Infantry this instant!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 12th September 2012 at 12:02.
Old 12th September 2012, 12:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
lemme know when you're applying, i'm thinking in the same lines

if there was no age restrictions, i'd join the Infantry this instant!
http://indianarmy.nic.in/Site/FormTe.../FXvCVR5FaEA==

Quote:
Age - 18 to 42 years
Education - Graduation

Process
(1) Gainfully employed candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria can apply in response to advertisements published in leading national newspaper & The Employment News in June – July and December – January each year. Applications are to be sent to the concerned TA Group Headquarters. After processing of applications, the eligible candidates are called for Preliminary Interview Boards held at respective TA Group Headquarters (Pune, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Lucknow). Selected candidates go through the SSB Interview, Medical Board & Police Verification. The successful candidates are granted commission by the President of India.
In another 10 years I am eager to get my wings, and it will be only the Maroon Berets, if I join. Something like this:

source: http://www.majorudaisingh.com/

Last edited by AlphaKilo : 12th September 2012 at 12:13.
Old 12th September 2012, 12:26   #6
BHPian

Hi,
The IAF is one of the finest in the world, beating the famed USAF fighters in mock dogfights both in exercises in India and in the US. I always wanted to join the forces, but couldnt because of a physical debility. Now am hoping one of my children will, hopefully the attack helicopter squadron, and make me proud.

Durga Prasan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks