Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2006, 23:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
I just heard from someone that the Mumbai outlet has opened. Can any one confirm this?
Quote:
It is opening or has opened in Linking Road opp Mac Donalds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
And for some reason its taking ages for the work to get over.
About the Bandra Link Road one, its still under construction I think.
Old 25th April 2006, 23:45   #32
BHPian

lemme confess... i'am a die hard fan of KFC....their zinger burger and chicken bucket are amazing....
Dippy, the chicken bucket costs 175.rs in Bangalore and 55 bucks for the zinger, try their chicken thali as well..costs around 55 bucks+taxes
Old 26th April 2006, 02:11   #33
BHPian

Hey Pappi on my last visit to pune that is last week only i had gone to KFC thats located in camp area i forgot the name of that mall but i had Chicken Bucket for 345/- Rs it was crispy n delicious

my mouth still waters after remembering KFC its AWESOMEEEEEE

Ya i remember its Nucleus Mall
Old 26th April 2006, 02:24   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suyog_007
Hey Pappi on my last visit to pune that is last week only i had gone to KFC thats located in camp area i forgot the name of that mall but i had Chicken Bucket for 345/- Rs it was crispy n delicious

my mouth still waters after remembering KFC its AWESOMEEEEEE

Ya i remember its Nucleus Mall
345 for 12 pieces..............
i had kfc in delhi in rajouri garden........its in the new mall opened next to the place where the metro station is being built........twas quite good. nd thers some veg stuff available too probably for the veg guy in the group tht insists on going to kfc.........

i dragged my friends to the kfc in mumbai here only to find out tht it wasnt open.........this was a month ago though.......i guess its open now cos thts wht iv heard............

they had opened kfc in delhi long ago and then had to shut down.......

kfc is facing a lot of problems due to the way they handle their chickens and apparently genetically modify them..........peta calls kfc kentucky fried cruelty..........
Old 26th April 2006, 02:37   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri
1 drawback these guys have is that the vegetables they use in the burgers are quite stale. And there's too much oil in the fries.
call it indianization. I went to subway (chennai or bangalore, don't remember) and i had to ask this fellow to keep butter away from my sub.

while subway is famous for low cal/fat food, we get extra butter and cheese in india. and that too without asking.
Old 26th April 2006, 05:03   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled

Someonle please tell me where exactly in west delhi?????
Its near Vishal Cinema (near Rajouri Garden)....its on the first floor of the mall very next to Lifestyle (may be Metropolitan), u can easily see them on the road down the flyover of Raja Garden.
Old 26th April 2006, 05:25   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k
call it indianization. I went to subway (chennai or bangalore, don't remember) and i had to ask this fellow to keep butter away from my sub.

while subway is famous for low cal/fat food, we get extra butter and cheese in india. and that too without asking.
i dont tihnk subway uses butter.......must be just in the franchise you went to.........i looooveeee subway btw...........godammit im soooo hungry right now
Old 26th April 2006, 05:27   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345
Its near Vishal Cinema (near Rajouri Garden)....its on the first floor of the mall very next to Lifestyle (may be Metropolitan), u can easily see them on the road down the flyover of Raja Garden.
there are two malls very close to each other.one is next to a theatre (vishal cinema i guess) and another one on the main road where the metro line is being built.........around 2 mins from there.....its on the ground floor and seating is on the first floor as well.......there was a giant kfc bucket outside when i went......
Old 26th April 2006, 08:19   #39
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
Samurai, I am with you on this. Would prefer to eat apna Tandoori Chicken over KFC anyday.

By the way, what ever happened about that controversy surrounding KFC using genetically manipulated orgnanisms rather then real chickens? Fact or just another myth from some over imaginative mind?
Eggjactly..for once I agree with you both There's nothing like desi food man & tandoori chicken, oh my god ! You have committed a crime Samurai, I can't eat get to eat half as decent tandoori chicken here! All the indian restaurants suck at food. Btw, KFC has hideously huge amounts of oil as you all know already and just no taste. Its like eating bland chicken bhajiya...lol
Old 26th April 2006, 08:20   #40
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I'm not too sure if beef/BMT and meat***** qualify for low cal food. But one thing I've noticed is that in Indian subway's, the sandwiches are much better put together as compared to here. Here these people just dump the condiments..not fun really while eating.
Old 26th April 2006, 08:23   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK
You have committed a crime Samurai, I can't eat get to eat half as decent tandoori chicken here! All the indian restaurants suck at food. Btw, KFC has hideously huge amounts of oil as you all know already and just no taste. Its like eating bland chicken bhajiya...lol
I understand your pain man, I did live in NJ for 9 years. Even the best offered by the best desi restaurants in US is no match for the Chicken Raan in Kabab Magic (J.P nagar, Bangalore)... Oops! I did it again...
Old 26th April 2006, 08:44   #42
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
I understand your pain man, I did live in NJ for 9 years. l:
I don't know if you lived close to Edison (apna des...lol) 'coz I've heard that you get much much better food there...don't know for sure though. There's one good Indian restaurant here but student earnings don't permit going there
Old 26th April 2006, 09:34   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
Samurai, I am with you on this. Would prefer to eat apna Tandoori Chicken over KFC anyday.

By the way, what ever happened about that controversy surrounding KFC using genetically manipulated orgnanisms rather then real chickens? Fact or just another myth from some over imaginative mind?
I love KFC as well as Tandoor Chicken and have to eat both atleast once a month. I alone had a full bucket of the Original Recipe 2 weeks ago but agree it was too too much for one person. Infact, I was a regular at KFC while I was in Melbourne. My favourites in Melbourne were Chicken nuggets and Wicked Wings(not available here). BTW, I hate Coleslaw at KFC.

I can't believe Mumbai did not have a KFC all these years. Glad to hear that you are finally getting one.

Sinner bro, did you have to put the picture of the bucket? I am hungry at 9.30 in the morning and this hunger will not die till I have had some KFC.

Amit, thanks for not putting up the link which have photos of the manipulated chicken. For those who haven't seen it, those pictures suck bigtime and made me sick and look away from KFC but that was only for a week .... those pictures can't be true, atleast I don't want to believe it is. Those of you who have those picutes, please don't post them.

KFC rules.
Old 26th April 2006, 09:46   #44
BHPian

Quote:

I agree, Subway is not as good as it is abroad. Even if you ask for warm, you get cold footlongs. Also, the alapinos and other salad ain't that fresh and spicy. Cheese was always an option but butter is definitely because of indianisation .
Old 26th April 2006, 09:52   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK
I'm not too sure if beef/BMT and meat***** qualify for low cal food. But one thing I've noticed is that in Indian subway's, the sandwiches are much better put together as compared to here. Here these people just dump the condiments..not fun really while eating.
well i am just going by the numbers given on their tissues. and the way they process it, i have no reasons not to trust them. and then there are testimonials.

the one i used to have in NY and in chennai, they were totally different. as i said, to a true indian, the chennai one might taste a lot better. but it's way off the spirit of subway. we believe more in hospitality and spirit, and often forgive mistakes in the ingradients for the sake of taste and feel good factor.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks