Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2006, 21:03   #76
Senior - BHPian

My opinions on this subject??

Well, my signature says it all....

P.S. Nothing personal. No controversy please.
Old 1st May 2006, 12:28   #77
BHPian

Guys am gonna eat KFC first time in india tom, i hope it aint a flop like the pizza hut!!! Keepin ma fingers crossed!!!
Old 1st May 2006, 12:52   #78
Senior - BHPian

Zappo ,

Stop it mate !! Stop making everybody hungry else I'll stop you posting here.
Damn I have to visit Hyd now..Paradise rocks.

cheers
Old 1st May 2006, 13:59   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Zappo ,

Stop it mate !! Stop making everybody hungry else I'll stop you posting here.
Damn I have to visit Hyd now..Paradise rocks.

cheers
Haa haaa haaa... come over man. Anytime. I will see to it that you do get to try out all that is Hyderabad. If you are a glutton then this is the place to be

And somebody was asking about Nizami food fans... well that reminded me. Come over during the idd season. You will find this place better than the gullies of Lahore and Karachi. The best of Haleem (thats a thick mutton paste made in pure ghee that floats on top of it), Paya, Shorba and then Khubani kaa Meettha to seal it off... Available all over hyderabad, on every street corner... and in authentic style and flavor.

By the way, if that gives you any idea about the place being something of a relic from its nawabi and nizami past come during the christmas and I will take you through the shopping malls, arcades even regular shops all decked in their finest Christmas attires. The ubiquitous star and small twinkling bulbs with the essential conical christmas tree outside shops, many of them (specially cards shops) playing carols... and of course the famous bakeries of Hyderabad (UBs, Waves, Vacs... u name it) doling out the best of cakes, pastries and of course the friends with their pantries stocked with red wine and of course the dinner with that ubiquitous roasted Turkey.

No wonder I took to Hyderabad so well after getting uprooted from Mumbai
Old 1st May 2006, 14:18   #80
BHPian

Zappo, luv u man......u spoke on my behalf, all we hyd'badis are proud. Just one thing......hyd lacks SBK's (i mean they are there but traffic rules here prohobit usin em) and McDonalds.........but hey KFC is here to cover up!!!
Old 1st May 2006, 14:22   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo

Of course when I am in a hurry a close second is Paradise. Go and pick up a whole chicken roasted in front of you... and extremely yummy... all for just 90 bucks... with a coupla bottles of chilled bear... mmmmm... heavenly...

yesssssss... that reminds me... today is friday and I don't have a plan today after 9pm.... hee hee heeee... gotta get a good movie and pick up the bottles and the chicken from Paradise... maybe even a good Mutton Biriyani. Plan settled
Where exactly at paradise??? Can you gimme the exact location? I have no idea.....wanna try out that chicken!!!
Old 1st May 2006, 16:21   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx
Where exactly at paradise??? Can you gimme the exact location? I have no idea.....wanna try out that chicken!!!
Oh, get it from the new TakeAway joint which is bang on the Paradise signal.

Ohhh... earlier they used to have that big machine/griller (whatever you call it) right at the entry on the right of the food court. The machine used to have those huge skewers with 3 chickens on each skewer (smeared in that exotic paste) rotating slowly over the fire. Now they have moved it out of view after the renovations. You can directly walk into the TakeAway section. They will give it to you nicely packed and all. It costs 90 bucks... and I love it
Old 1st May 2006, 16:47   #83
BHPian

What is the name of the TakeAway??? Can u give the exact description whr at paradise coz i have never gone to paradise, like some landmarks and stuff
Old 1st May 2006, 17:50   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx
What is the name of the TakeAway??? Can u give the exact description whr at paradise coz i have never gone to paradise, like some landmarks and stuff
Oh! Never been to Paradise?!! Just reach the Paradise flyover signal, under the bridge (on SP Road). Take the road that leads you through MG Road to tankbund. After 50 mts (yes only that much) you will reach the second signal (the Paradise signal). You will be able to see the TakeAway to your diagonal right from this signal. Its called the Paradise TakeAway. The whole place is actually Paradise. The food court... the roof gardens, the TakeAway, the Persis Gold... all Paradise. In fact when you are there do take a look at those huge B&W photo blow-ups which adorn the walls of the TakeAway. They tell you a story of the Paradise of the 1930s-40s and how the area used to look, back then.
Old 1st May 2006, 20:36   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Oh! Never been to Paradise?!! Just reach the Paradise flyover signal, under the bridge (on SP Road). Take the road that leads you through MG Road to tankbund. After 50 mts (yes only that much) you will reach the second signal (the Paradise signal). You will be able to see the TakeAway to your diagonal right from this signal. Its called the Paradise TakeAway. The whole place is actually Paradise. The food court... the roof gardens, the TakeAway, the Persis Gold... all Paradise. In fact when you are there do take a look at those huge B&W photo blow-ups which adorn the walls of the TakeAway. They tell you a story of the Paradise of the 1930s-40s and how the area used to look, back then.

All that made me go into deep imagination......zzzzz .......Huh? Whr am i? Will try it out this weekend.......and will check out da b&w poster too. Thanx a million
Old 2nd May 2006, 02:04   #86
BHPian

Wheeee.. finaly went to KFC. Ordered so much that would be enough for 2 people.. N loved each bit of playing a hog for a day... but then i'd blame u guys for working up my appetite so much.

Good going guys, keep it up.
Old 2nd May 2006, 06:51   #87
BHPian

I feel lot better to be back on this thread now.... all the posts on this thread really crave for KFC. I had half a bucket of KFC this Sunday and the other half was shared by 2 cousins of mine. They must have thought I am a glutton, but who cares. Like I have mentioned in my earlier posts, I had coleslaw again and just don't like it.
Old 2nd May 2006, 07:35   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK
There's one good Indian restaurant here but student earnings don't permit going there

Which one is that? Are you talking about a place in Edison?
Old 2nd May 2006, 08:29   #89
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC11
Which one is that? Are you talking about a place in Edison?
I don't know where you are, but I was talking about Karma in Old City, Philadelphia. Heard from many friends that it is very good but expensive as well..so haven't gone there as yet. I've not been to Edison yet, so no idea about that. Btw, where are you located ?
Old 2nd May 2006, 10:00   #90
Senior - BHPian

brings another interesting question to my mind.

can we do a poll on how many t-bhpians cook, on a scale of 1-5, 1 being boiling eggs/tea, and 5 being making lasagna/mughlai kebab etc.

I learnt cooking on my visit to US of A, and then it was a whole new world for me to experiment.

can somebody create a poll for this?(i don't hink i can)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks