Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2006, 08:17   #1
BHPian

Shifting to PUNE...!!!

Hi guys. This is the last semester of my B.Tech course from IIT Kharagpur. I got placed in HPCL as a management trainee. My joining is on 18th June in Nigdi PUNE.So all you PUNE guys out there, I need some help because I'm a complete starnger to this place and I don't know anybody from PUNE. Can i get some information about the locality and environment of this place called "NIGDI"...??? I'll be very greatful for your help.

Last edited by Aki_Ross : 29th April 2006 at 08:18.
Old 29th April 2006, 08:27   #2
BHPian

Hey Dude... check your PM. Mailed my frnds contact details in pune...

Last edited by Technocrat : 8th September 2008 at 18:27. Reason: removed Size tag
Old 29th April 2006, 17:43   #3
BHPian

Hey Aki,
Im doing my engineering from Pune, and happen to live in this place called 'NIGDI',. though by the time you get here i'll be done and probably be back in Mumbai! Anyway Hopefully i'll be able to help you out to some extent with your questions.
you can call/ message me, I'm PMing you my phone no and email address.
Suhail
Old 30th April 2006, 12:30   #4
BHPian

Thanks man.....I'll try to get in touch with you...!!!
Old 30th April 2006, 14:35   #5
BHPian

Hi man My name is Kev and Im form Pune man if u need any help in Pune give me a call dude alot of tbhpians from pune9822285916
Old 3rd September 2008, 17:35   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey Pune BHP'ians,

I am moving to Pune in the first week of October and will be staying at the company guest house at Hinjewadi for sometime.

Since I dont plan to stay in Pune for long (due to personal reasons) I am exploring options of staying (rent) in :

1) A single room with an attached bath.

2) 1 BHK apartment with parking facility for a car.

If the difference in the above 2 is negligible then I would go with option 2.

My budget is max 4k per month (can extend to 5k) inclusive of maintanence etc.

Please suggest which area I should start looking in.

I have stayed at Hinjewadi (my office is at Hinjewadi) but it is very far from the city and weekends get boring. Commuting from this place to other parts of Pune is also very cumbersome.

Please suggest some areas which are safe residential localities and not very costly.

Thanks.
Old 3rd September 2008, 18:24   #7
BHPian

Moving to Pune

Aditya, I am staying in Wakad , which is the closest residential area to Hijewadi. I think this area would be your best choice. The morning snurls heading towards Hinjewadi from city will be too much to handle compared to weekend travel towards city. Also the rents in the city will be much higher.
For two bedroom apartments Aundh will be 20k+, Shivajinagar 30+ compared to that for wakad surroundings it will be in the range of 10k.

Feel free to call me on 9922939928 if you need any help in Pune.
Old 3rd September 2008, 19:07   #8
BHPian

Welcome to pune did not mean to scare you all but be prepared for the power cuts in pune which are at present for continuous seven hours.The climate is great in pune and make sure you have your own vehicle for commuting as public transport is useless compared to mumbai i don't know of ranchi but pune has one of the worst public transports.

Last edited by team suzuki : 3rd September 2008 at 19:12.
Old 3rd September 2008, 19:27   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitrk View Post
Feel free to call me on 9922939928 if you need any help in Pune.
Thanks Rohit. I appreciate your help.

I am checking out 99acres and saw an advt. for a 1BHK flat in Koregaon Park and Dighi each below 4k rent per month.

How far are these areas from Hinjewadi? I would be using office transport so commuting wont be an issue.

@team suzuki : I did get a taste of the power cuts when I was in Pune a couple of weeks back. But i was staying at a hotel and hence unaffected.

Only comforting factor is that the weather is pleasant and one can do without an a/c. I will be living out of my suitcase and wont be shifting any household stuff so TV time will be swapped for reading.

I guess I will get my bike for commuting purpose. Dont want to get my car along as usage will be minimal.

Edit - Is there a possibility that I can pay the road tax on a quarterly basis? AFAIK, an NOC is valid for 6 months and during this time there is no need to pay the road tax. Road tax is payable after expiry of NOC. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by n_aditya : 3rd September 2008 at 19:32.
Old 3rd September 2008, 20:06   #10
BHPian

Hi aditya koregaon park is one of the most famous places in pune and considered to be one of the ritziest places in pune i think you got a good deal for staying, if office provides you transport then you need not worry of commuting to office compared to bangalore where i believe your were you will not get stuck in jams for long hours and distance from place to place is not that far as in bangalore.Even i am not sure but i think you can pay roadtax on quartely basis its better you confirm with the RTO or someone who knows about it,cheers mancheers:
Old 3rd September 2008, 20:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by team suzuki View Post
Hi aditya koregaon park is one of the most famous places in pune and considered to be one of the ritziest places in pune i think you got a good deal for staying
Well i haven't struck any deal yet. Just browsing thru on 99acres.com.

I will be staying at the office guest house when i get there (oct 1st week). Thats when the real search begins. Right now just getting an idea of where and how much. Lets see how it goes.

Overall I like the city. Have visited Pune on 2 occassions. Once last year for a month and the 2nd time was few weeks back for 4 days.

The weather, environment, crowd (and of course the daaru ) is similar to blore. Looking forward to meeting all you guys.
Old 3rd September 2008, 21:43   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I am checking out 99acres and saw an advt. for a 1BHK flat in Koregaon Park and Dighi each below 4k rent per month.
Welcome to Pune. The city of horrid roads, powercuts and insane traffic. Did I just describe every city in India ;-)

Dighi is 20Kms off the city - 5kms off the farthest point. Its a remote cantonment. The one at Koregaon Park also sounds similarly gimmicky - must be 10-15km off. Real rates for 1bhk start at 7-8k for 1BHK and 9-12k for 2BHK in any habitable place . Rents are pretty similar to B'lore.

Ping when you are here.
Old 3rd September 2008, 21:57   #13
Senior - BHPian

n_aditya,

Would you be working in Phase I, II or III of Hinjwadi IT Park? Wakad would be your best bet to find some good accomodation. The traffic situation has become extremely bad these days. It takes nearly 30 minutes or more to travel from the flyover over NH4 bypass to Hinjwadi Phase I during the morning/evening peak hours i.e., 9:00 a.m. onwards and 6:30 p.m. onwards. I have a couple of friends staying at Wakad and let me check with them if they can find some good accomodation within your budget. It has been more than 3 years since I stayed at a rented flat. Hence I am not very sure about the current rates; will find out though.

Koregaon Park would be more than 20 km away and will take you at least 1 hour 30 minutes to travel one way. But it is a nice area to chill out.

-Biju

Last edited by pjbiju : 3rd September 2008 at 22:00.
Old 3rd September 2008, 23:09   #14
BHPian

@n_aditya - first of all, welcome to Pune ! We know you will have a good time here.

Regd accomodation close by Hinjawadi, I suggest you look out for flats in Wakad, Baner, Bavdhan and lastly - Bhusari Colony ( Paud road ) - In that order.

here I'll give you some idea of travel times on a bike - in bad traffic situations.

Wakad - closest to hinjawadi, located on Mumbai side of hinjawadi - 20 mins ( less if you take inner roads ) - Forget public transport - its non-existent and unreliable on that side of the city.

Baner - a little away from wakad, and on Pune side of hinjawadi - 30 mins ( again, a little less if you get conversant with inner roads )

Bavdhan - this place is a bit farther from hinjawadi, but its easy to find good rental accommodation in this area - 40 mins.

Bhusari Colony ( Paud road ) - adjacent to the area where we had the meet ( Oasis hotel ) - one of the best locations to stay - close to some not-so-bad joints. - 45 to 50 mins

@Koregaon Park - forget it if you are coming to Hinjawadi everyday - 1.5 hrs one way minimum

I would also suggest you to checkout Chinchwad area - its about 20 mins away from hinjawadi on a bike, is pretty much developed but no good hangouts as such very close, except for an Adlabs multiplex and McD.

@ current rental rates- i have no idea, but will try to get back asap. Wont be wrong to expect shelling out 5k minimum for your requirement.
How long do you plan to stay in pune ??

PS : Currently, there's a lot of road work going on in areas i have listed above. So added another 5 mins as a cushion to the travel times, which may come down drastically after the work is over ( that is; if it really does :P )

Last edited by hkanitkar : 3rd September 2008 at 23:16.
Old 8th September 2008, 17:28   #15
BHPian

Alrighto, my move to pune is final and I am looking for a place near wanorie/NIBM. Primary reason for choosing that locality is proximity to market and other good places around Pune & my current office @ Magarpatta.

Can anyone suggest me how much is the rent for a 1 BHK flat (Bachelor Acco) around there. People have quoted from 6.5K to 8.5K between McDonald's & Salunkhe Vihar, and while that is on higher side, one can't exactly help it, even though price around viman nagar and other areas on that side is falling. Help me with leads if anyone is letting out his/her place.

Thanks in Advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks