Team-BHP - Where do you invest your money?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Where do you invest your money? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/12877-where-do-you-invest-your-money-3.html)

Dude! In the poll options also Include "Your Ride"
coz thats where all my money goes !

hello friends

As YOu can see on my profile I am invetsment consulatnts for banks .institutions and HNI's

As investment I would say is a broad term as It depends upon the person who is investing,his risk appetite plus the term os his investment

For the normal person the best way to invest is to invest thru SIP in mutuals funds for longer period and the best returns..........

dins doshi

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssl2uv108
rohit,
Earlier REFCO used to offer.
Now yes it seems MAN fin dont offer.
i will recheck & come back.

for info of all, MAN does offer forex trading. i talked to their rep now.

rohitbagai, i will pm you the number and name of person. cheers !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssl2uv108
for info of all, MAN does offer forex trading. i talked to their rep now.

rohitbagai, i will pm you the number and name of person. cheers !!

Got your PM...Thanks a bunch!!!! Will contact asap!!!

Guys is it true that in ELSS maximum investment allowed is only 10,000 ? :please:

As the sub-limits are now removed, under sec 80C repayment of housing loan up to Rs 100000, or payment
of life insurance premium up to Rs 100000 now qualify for deduction under sec 80C.

Similarly, the sub-limit of Rs 10000 for ELSS has also been removed. Now Rs 100000 can be parked in ELSS for deduction under sec 80C. Nowadays, people prefer ELSS to PPF as ELSS are giving returns of more than 15% compared to 8% given by PPF and investors also get exposure to equity.

However, the above interpretation for ELSS is disputed and not accepted by certain authorities. Some authorities are of the view that earlier ELSS were eligible for rebate under sec 88 up to Rs 10000 as per a notification. This notification has not been withdrawn and no new notification increasing the investment limit to one lakh has been issued. Accordingly, the old notification prevails and the maximum investment in ELSS allowable for deduction under sec 80C is Rs 10000, and not Rs 100000.

Very confusing

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite
Accordingly, the old notification prevails and the maximum investment in ELSS allowable for deduction under sec 80C is Rs 10000, and not Rs 100000.

Very confusing

dceite bhai,
ELSS max limit is INR 1,00,000/- despite the notification confusion in some quarters. In case you have read anywhere about it being still 10000/- pls send me the link.
Also let us not assume ELSS will always give 15% p.a. returns !!

rohitbagai,
please call MAN. kyun ki they are calling me !!

sssl2uv108 bhai the italic text in my previous post has been copy pasted from another website. There are other numerous links available like that... just type ELSS in google.. so many of them are still talking about Rs. 10,000 limit....

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite
sssl2uv108 bhai the italic text in my previous post has been copy pasted from another website. There are other numerous links available like that... just type ELSS in google.. so many of them are still talking about Rs. 10,000 limit....

dceite bhai,
First of all, thanks for bringing this 'notification' confusion to my notice. Seems we Indians cant live w/o confusion in taxation.

For benefit of all members, from Budget March 2005 onwards only a 3 year mandatory lock-in would qualify for Rs 1L section 80C tax benefits under ELSS.

Here is the link to a PDF file from Reliance Mutual Fund (on their site) explaining ELSS and the tax benefits under section 80C.
http://www.reliancemutual.com/Admin/...savingtool.pdf

Let me know for any clarifications.

Sorry for reopening an old thread.

Can anyone explain me the dividend and growth options. Are they available in Tax saving MFs? What are the pros and cons.

Dividend means that you get the money immediately when dividend is declared.
Growth means that dividend is reinvested in the MF, so you don't get any money, but new fund is purchased with that money.
In Tax saving MF you have both options, well it actually depends from fund to fund.

Hey... I wish i had surplus money... (still a student... he he)

But, if any of you have a few lakhs to spare... You are welcome to donate the money for improving me ride... ;)

Mutual funds - hi risk hi returns shorter duration. ESOPs

Real Estate, Mutual Funds, conventional saving instruments - in that order!

Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) in Mutual fund is very good for those who can not spare huge investment. Try as low as Rs500 everymonth.